September 23, 2018, 07:17:06 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127484 times)

February 05, 2018, 03:38:41 PM
Reply #1965

Hawkandro

Absolutely nobody would have thought this season would be this way back in the summer.
I just feel sorry for you guys who have spent your hard earned pennies going to  watch the dross.
This summer is going to be a massively defining one in the history of the club.

Right at this moment I can easily see us becoming the next QPR. This season has just been one clusterfuck after another, and we are seemingly wasting a scary amount of money just to stay at the same piss-poor level we have been at since August.

I know people tend to react strongly, and I may be guilty of that, but I genuinely hate everything about the first team set up at the moment. In the last few weeks, Sam has stated:

- He will be judged on his first signing. Well, he has made his first signing, given him 2 games and dropped him, claiming he is not good enough and Niasse will be our starting striker. Claiming Tosun wasn't doing anything with the 'service' he received in the two games is ludicrous. In those games we may have had, what, 3 shots on target? Then he has the audacity to claim we were too attacking and needed to tighten it up, moving to 5 at the back in what can only be described as the footballing equivalent of a kamikaze pilot.

- Loaned one of our most promising young players out; a player who nearly changed the game when he came on against Liverpool, and claimed that he wouldn't get a game as both Bolasie and Walcott cost more than he did, all the while dropping Tosun (25m) for Niasse (14m), making a mockery of his statement.

- Claimed the former Ajax captain, who was highly regarded as a coup for us mere months ago, doesn't have the qualities to play for the team, all the whilst continuing to play the absolute fraud that is Schneiderlin, whose main quality appears to be a grade-A shithouse who won't get stuck in for the team.

- The much vaunted Director of Football has claimed there were no strikers available to replace Lukaku, and that we wouldn't be worse off anyway as without his goals we would have still finished 7th, and then our esteemed boss, who has waited all his footballing life for a 'big job' has the bare faced temerity to claim there are no left-backs available in the last window? Do they think we are fucking morons?

I really want Moshiri to do well with us, but he needs to get the people around him sorted and in place, because whoever is advising him, is doing a really bad job at it.

We have wasted money paying Koeman off, we have wasted money on Klaassen, Keane, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Schneiderlin and it would appear Tosun too. I may be over-reacting here, but I am really worried we are going to go the way of QPR and Cardiff here. Throwing bad money after bad money.

Every fan with a pair of eyes can see what the problems are here, yet we appear to be sleepwalking into disaster. I feel sick.

As it stands, we need:

- A new manager, with a progressive outlook on bringing in the young players and assimilating them alongside the older players, to a certain style of football with a certain set of tactics.

- A new DoF, if we have to persist with one.

- A new scouting team, as this one we have seemingly cannot find their arse with both hands, let alone a fucking left-back.

- A new CEO and commercial department. Preferably one who has more experience than running Castleford fucking Tigers in the Super League.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:41:19 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 05, 2018, 06:42:50 PM
Reply #1966

dunkster

My biggest concern is that while all the bullshit he spouts doesn't sit with us, I can't help but feel moshiri and kenwright may actually side with the crap he talks.
You only have to say everton is a great club with a great history and you've won kenwright over. Moshiri seems like one of thise nice guys who can be bullied (especially in a football club situation)
I wonder how many other chairman would spunk 30 million on a striker then let the manager not play him for more than a handful of minutes.?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 05, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
Reply #1967

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Worrying to see an article on him saying this season is a right off and that he cant wait for next season
Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2018, 07:47:43 PM
Reply #1968

dunkster

Worrying to see an article on him saying this season is a right off and that he cant wait for next season

Exactly my point
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 05, 2018, 08:06:32 PM
Reply #1969

Lxxx

Everything about us is so small time even in the way we are spending this new influx of cash.

We have a CEO who needs replacing for someone with vision and experience of working at a higher level.

We have a Director of Football who needs binning for someone with the requisite experience but more importantly the gravitas and intelligence to build a footballing strategy.

We then need a manager who is open minded and forward thinking to work with the DoF to implement said strategy and re-invigorate a weary-looking playing staff.

Moshiri can achieve all this by making the right appointments in top down order but in my opinion he needs the guidance of someone to advise him on all things football unfortunately.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:07:43 PM by Lxxx »

February 05, 2018, 08:25:37 PM
Reply #1970

formerKHL

Everything about us is so small time even in the way we are spending this new influx of cash.

We have a CEO who needs replacing for someone with vision and experience of working at a higher level.

We have a Director of Football who needs binning for someone with the requisite experience but more importantly the gravitas and intelligence to build a footballing strategy.

We then need a manager who is open minded and forward thinking to work with the DoF to implement said strategy and re-invigorate a weary-looking playing staff.

Moshiri can achieve all this by making the right appointments in top down order but in my opinion he needs the guidance of someone to advise him on all things football unfortunately.

ERR......if this person existed he'd be the new manager wouldn't he ?

February 05, 2018, 08:29:10 PM
Reply #1971

Waltzer

Hopefully hes referring to the fact that next season will be in his luxury villa in the Caribbean after getting a good pay off from us?

February 05, 2018, 08:43:56 PM
Reply #1972

Lxxx

ERR......if this person existed he'd be the new manager wouldn't he ?

You don't ask your manager to be on the interview panel for a new CEO.

February 05, 2018, 11:17:04 PM
Reply #1974

Bluedylan

Slagging the players off is equivalent to an elitist government convincing all the different groups in society that each other is to blame for it's ills, as a tool to distract attention away from it's own incompetence, and it's an effective method, as we've seen in wider society. People love to crucify an individual player.

One week it's Keane, then Schneiderlin, then Pickford, at one point it was Tom Davies, it briefly became Gylfi etc etc etc.

It needs changing from the top. That's where the malign influence is, and that includes Allardyce and Walsh. Don't believe the propaganda. We have plenty of good players, lots of excellent young players and plenty of resources.

What we're being served up is not acceptable, and it points to dreadful mismanagement not terrible players.

Until we address that by appointing a manager with a footballing idea and a vision, and give him the authority to carry out that vision, we'll be lunging from one minor crisis to the next.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 05, 2018, 11:24:26 PM
Reply #1975

Heisenberg

how can he say the season is a write off whilst just a few places behind an attainable europa spot. He's usless

February 05, 2018, 11:25:46 PM
Reply #1976

Waltzer

I agree but with his 49.9% share its almost like he doesnt want to have to make the hard decisions? When you look at Everton over the year it smacks of a failed business, failed ground moves, financially in a bit of a mess, loans everywhere, selling all of our assets etc yet we have retained all the same people to a large extent that put us in this position, even promoted some of them. The clubs needs a clear out from the top to bottom. I honestly think we need someone like David Dean to come in and steer this ship away from the cliffs and impending doom!

February 05, 2018, 11:40:04 PM
Reply #1977

Toffee1

I agree but with his 49.9% share its almost like he doesnt want to have to make the hard decisions? When you look at Everton over the year it smacks of a failed business, failed ground moves, financially in a bit of a mess, loans everywhere, selling all of our assets etc yet we have retained all the same people to a large extent that put us in this position, even promoted some of them. The clubs needs a clear out from the top to bottom. I honestly think we need someone like David Dean to come in and steer this ship away from the cliffs and impending doom!

Mentioned David Dein as a person to give the club guidance and therefore, stability yesterday. However, he may not want to go back to that now or be the best option now but I agree that we need someone of his ilk.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:41:16 PM by Toffee1 »

February 06, 2018, 01:15:05 AM
Reply #1978

Lxxx

Whoever the individual is doesn't even have to be there full-time. All they need to be is a sounding board and football mentor for him until he appoints a CEO worthy of the name, then a proper DoF and then a manager befitting of where we are.

February 06, 2018, 06:26:39 AM
Reply #1979

Thomas

The reason he is here is because of Moshiri. its as simple as that. Both need to fuck off.

Otherwise I genuinely cannot understand him stating he felt Leipzig was 'beyond' Lookman yet the lad scores the winner the other night...