October 20, 2018, 05:19:43 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 131152 times)

February 20, 2018, 10:53:31 PM
Reply #2385

KoemansNumberTens

But this door swings both ways ....yes there are those of us who hate him and see everything he does as wrong ....
But there are also those of you who see nothing wrong in anything he does. ..even when he fucks up royal .
And while I and im sure othersdon't dispute the fact Niasse is our best form striker ...the problem lies in a much anticipated striker being brought in to sit on the bench when he was twice as expensive. ..but surely that can't be the managers fault or his buddy Walsh ?.

It is very early days with tosan. Obviously if it continue it's very wrong. I think saying he's fucked up is to assume tosan has no chance of working out. Bit early for that conclusion in my opinion

February 20, 2018, 11:22:08 PM
Reply #2386

Mayor Farnum

Like I said though how do you get up to speed training or on the bench ..... much like Klassen and others it wont wotk that way ....every other team buys players to play them ...no?.

There's no rush, our situation is no longer desperate and he will play plenty of times between now and the end of the season. If easing him in benefits him long term then so be it. Big Sam is not going to make decisions to try and make himself popular.

February 21, 2018, 12:07:36 AM
Reply #2387

Bluedylan

There's no rush, our situation is no longer desperate and he will play plenty of times between now and the end of the season. If easing him in benefits him long term then so be it. Big Sam is not going to make decisions to try and make himself popular.

Big Sam only ever does anything to make himself appear in a good light. He's an incredibly vein, insecure man. It's one of his defining characteristics.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 21, 2018, 12:09:16 AM
Reply #2388

Mayor Farnum

Big Sam only ever does anything to make himself appear in a good light. He's an incredibly vein, insecure man. It's one of his defining characteristics.
  So how is holding back on playing a new signing putting himself in a good light?

February 21, 2018, 12:15:27 AM
Reply #2389

Bluedylan

So how is holding back on playing a new signing putting himself in a good light?

I'm not commenting on him playing/not playing Tosun. I'm speaking generally. He cares massively about he's perceived. I'd imagine even most of his fans would acknowledge that.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 21, 2018, 12:24:12 AM
Reply #2390

Mayor Farnum

I'm not commenting on him playing/not playing Tosun. I'm speaking generally. He cares massively about he's perceived. I'd imagine even most of his fans would acknowledge that.

Oh sorry it was the "only ever does anything" that threw me off. I don't see how his liking for himself differs much from a lot of managers and neither does it interfere with the job he's doing for us.   

February 21, 2018, 12:33:01 AM
Reply #2391

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Still think koeman would have turned it around.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 21, 2018, 12:37:24 AM
Reply #2392

Mayor Farnum

Yes I'm sure he would. He was never getting the time from Evertonians though so action had to be taken.

February 21, 2018, 12:48:25 AM
Reply #2393

gizzblue

Think if people knew what they were getting ....we would have given Koeman an extension tbh .

February 21, 2018, 12:52:16 AM
Reply #2394

KoemansNumberTens

🙄

February 21, 2018, 12:54:19 AM
Reply #2395

KoemansNumberTens

Totally agree. So he really wants to be a success here not just get 40pts. Not just here for the money. His reputation and his insistence that he hasn't had the chances he's deserved in his career stand or fall on his time here. So all them daft shouts of him not giving a shit are just crazy

February 21, 2018, 01:05:48 AM
Reply #2396

AllyBlue14

Like I said though how do you get up to speed training or on the bench ..... much like Klassen and others it wont wotk that way ....every other team buys players to play them ...no?.

But surely you play the players who are proving themselves in training/in matches? Not only would it be stupid to play Tosun if he has been awful in training but it'd be unfair on Niasse, who has confounded expectations, to drop him just because we splurged £27m on another player who offers little improvement.

February 21, 2018, 01:10:28 AM
Reply #2397

BlueMaquis

But surely you play the players who are proving themselves in training/in matches? Not only would it be stupid to play Tosun if he has been awful in training but it'd be unfair on Niasse, who has confounded expectations, to drop him just because we splurged £27m on another player who offers little improvement.

Has Niasse been all that great as a starter though? I thought the consensus was that his main strength is coming on as a sub and punishing defences when they're tired.

February 21, 2018, 01:37:43 AM
Reply #2398

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Itís like being in the United States on here right now. So much polarization.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

February 21, 2018, 02:02:32 AM
Reply #2399

AllyBlue14

Has Niasse been all that great as a starter though? I thought the consensus was that his main strength is coming on as a sub and punishing defences when they're tired.

He's been alright, hasn't he? I know we're looking for better than alright (although I absolutely love Oumar) so it's an indictment of what a bad impression Tosun must have made that we've paid the big bucks to bring him in and he still doesn't even come on as sub, let alone start.

I'm a big fan of earning your place, so if he isn't pulling up any trees then I'm happy to wait until he's deemed ready.