August 18, 2018, 11:21:45 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123636 times)

February 21, 2018, 02:06:48 AM
Reply #2400

bacon sarnie

It’s like being in the United States on here right now. So much polarization.

I'm calling polarization on this.

February 21, 2018, 02:14:22 AM
Reply #2401

gizzblue

But surely you play the players who are proving themselves in training/in matches? Not only would it be stupid to play Tosun if he has been awful in training but it'd be unfair on Niasse, who has confounded expectations, to drop him just because we splurged £27m on another player who offers little improvement.
At no point have I said play him instead of Niasse anywhere ...I'm talking giving him the last twenty to get up to speed (as allegedly that's what he needs) ..and won't fucking get it on the bench .. .you know just like we did with niasse ....how shit has he got to be to not even get on ?... either way the club again fucked up.

February 21, 2018, 02:34:28 AM
Reply #2402

Lxxx

So how is holding back on playing a new signing putting himself in a good light?

Because he's publicly slagging the lad saying he's not up to it. When he does play Tosun if he fails then he can say I told you so and if he tears it up he can say the wait to bed him in was warranted. Now this all may be valid but I expect he'll milk it, his ego will demand it.

February 21, 2018, 02:36:29 AM
Reply #2403

Lxxx

There are many similarities between Sam and Trump.

February 21, 2018, 02:41:49 AM
Reply #2404

Mayor Farnum

Because he's publicly slagging the lad saying he's not up to it. When he does play Tosun if he fails then he can say I told you so and if he tears it up he can say the wait to bed him in was warranted. Now this all may be valid but I expect he'll milk it, his ego will demand it.

"Publicly slagging" Why do football fans have to be so dramatic when they hear something they don't like?

February 21, 2018, 02:48:17 AM
Reply #2405

Juanito

There are many similarities between Sam and Trump.

So many. Thin skinned, narcissistic, defelects blame - everything good is down to him,everything bad is the fault of the other. Reacts like a child when criticised, has illusions of grandeur “I would do well at Real Madrid” Allardyce. Sure, Sam. They would love your style of football at the Bernabéu.

February 21, 2018, 04:08:57 AM
Reply #2406

Bluedylan

Not sure it's so polarised. A few seem to stick up for him unconvincingly and it seems like the vast majority range somewhere between casual disregard to serious disdain.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 21, 2018, 04:10:03 AM
Reply #2407

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure it's so polarised. A few seem to stick up for him unconvincingly and it seems like the vast majority range somewhere between casual disregard to serious disdain.

Well, it's the same as here at the moment anyway.

NSNO has become a home from home for me :)
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 21, 2018, 08:44:45 PM
Reply #2408

Ridge

I don’t want allardyce at the club and I’ve made that fairly clear.

However, @Ridge I’ll bet you whatever you want that unsworth doesn’t come anywhere near his career.

Think you are severely undervaluing allardyce’s career, and seriously over-estimating David ‘no thanks, U23 is fine by me’ Unsie.

Presume you're a little salty over him turning down the Oxford job. But I'd expect him to get a PL or Championship job in next year.

Would be happy to take a bet, what does he have to do to get close, manager of the month, 15th place finish?  ;)

February 21, 2018, 09:01:53 PM
Reply #2409

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
"Publicly slagging" Why do football fans have to be so dramatic when they hear something they don't like?
Perhaps it shows a lack of substance behind the point they are trying to make?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 21, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
Reply #2410

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Presume you're a little salty over him turning down the Oxford job. But I'd expect him to get a PL or Championship job in next year.

Would be happy to take a bet, what does he have to do to get close, manager of the month, 15th place finish?  ;)

I was surprised and disappointed at Oxford rejection but I like the idea there’s something bigger in the offing.

I’ll be honest, I love your romantic view of him, that he’s a highly rated young coach with fresh ideas etc. And I would love to buy in to it, but I struggle tbh.

I think allardyce’s legacy as a pioneer with the Bolton side puts him untouchable to unsworth tbh.

But if somehow unsworth cracks the top 6 or wins a cup or has a 10-15 year career in the prem then yeah I’d give you that.

Just personally very surprised at the idea you’d think unsworth is nailed on to far surpass allardyce.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:02:23 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 21, 2018, 11:55:52 PM
Reply #2411

sirblue57

Didn't Martinez surpass.allerdyce?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 24, 2018, 03:21:20 PM
Reply #2412

blue1948

Just watched the prematch interview and his answers are of a man who is perfectly happy with mediocrity ,happy to win one of six away games ,happy to finish seventh ,happy to lose to Arsenal and Spurs ,what the board think is only for them to know but if they are happy with him ,we are fucked .Will we go down no but we probably wouldn't have anyway ,the oaf is basking in the glory of being Everton's manager but never says anything that portrays a fondness for the club . Cannot wait to see the end of him.

February 24, 2018, 04:01:34 PM
Reply #2413

Dr. Sponge

Just watched the prematch interview and his answers are of a man who is perfectly happy with mediocrity ,happy to win one of six away games ,happy to finish seventh ,happy to lose to Arsenal and Spurs ,what the board think is only for them to know but if they are happy with him ,we are fucked .Will we go down no but we probably wouldn't have anyway ,the oaf is basking in the glory of being Everton's manager but never says anything that portrays a fondness for the club . Cannot wait to see the end of him.

I seriously doubt he's the man they want in charge. He was an option to salvage our season when they were weighing up how bad the situation was, which turned into desperation after the Southampton game and when no one else was available.

Edit: *want in charge long term

February 24, 2018, 05:37:28 PM
Reply #2414

bogie

I just read this and its smells of a man that is a total bore

ok we get it you don't like Big Sam or are you just that guy with the rain cloud over his head all day long
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:39:14 PM by bogie »