December 14, 2018, 10:12:18 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 137315 times)

March 05, 2018, 01:33:36 AM
Reply #2910

Alanvideo

Indeed, who can forget the samba-style tiki-taka approach of Tony Hibbert, Nuno Valente and Steven Pienaar under David Moyes, at a time when Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur were both bobbins and the Scot led them to the dizzy heights of fifth.

What the hells that bit about?
............I think it's a bit of sarcasm don't you ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 05, 2018, 01:43:42 AM
Reply #2911

blueski

Would be happy to see him go but painful as it is I think we need to wait until the season's over and just fume away until May.

Change now and its 3 different managers plus 1 or 2 caretaker spells in one season- can't see how that helps things. Just a big mess that will have to be sorted over the summer (Again!)
Nil Satis

March 05, 2018, 02:04:01 AM
Reply #2912

Juanito

Rumours of Shakespeare and Allardyce not seeing eye to eye on defensive strategy. Shakespeare in, Allardyce out?

March 05, 2018, 02:12:47 AM
Reply #2913

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and since when have we zonal marked on corners?
I thought it was the one thing that tactically worked - not marking at setpieces....

March 05, 2018, 02:13:28 AM
Reply #2914

wilbur

It's difficult to see how he can survive after yesterday's reaction from the crowd. I know he's hard-faced enough to stick it out but it was absolutely poisonous, particularly so because the tunnel was in the corner at the away end.

How I'm sure he would have loved to just turn on his heels and disappear under the stand. I actually felt embarrassed for him and the hapless hobbit.

I would imagine he's been in discussions today as to how much of his pay-off he can trouser if he walks away now. If he has any self-respect left he'll be gone before the Brighton game.

If that doesn't happen there'll be another walk of shame for him at Stoke, where the "tunnel” is in the same place. If nothing else he's been unlucky to have those two as consecutive away games.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:26:28 AM by wilbur »
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

March 05, 2018, 02:21:29 AM
Reply #2915

Alanvideo

It's difficult to see how he can survive after yesterday's reaction from the crowd. I know he's hard-faced enough to stick it out but it was absolutely poisonous, particularly so because the tunnel was in the corner at the away end.

How I'm sure he would have loved to just turn on his heels and disappear under the stand. I
actually felt embarrassed for him and the hapless hobbit.

I would imagine he's been in discussions today as to how much of his pay-off he can trouser if he walks away now. If he has any self-respect left he'll be gone before the Brighton game.

If that doesn't happen there'll be another walk of shame for him at Stoke, where the "tunnel” is in the same place. If nothing else he's been unlucky to have those two as consecutive away games.
.......................the Brighton game is yet another sell-out , anything other than a convincing win SA will get unbelievable stick. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by then.

March 05, 2018, 08:42:14 AM
Reply #2916

Jamokachi

Really enjoyed his presser there, maybe it's just because he's more 'human' than Koeman, but I can't help but like the guy when he talks :)

This did not last long.

March 05, 2018, 08:46:27 AM
Reply #2917

Thomas

He's not arsed, why should he be

I would be. If i had a point to prove like Mr Pints of Wine did about not being a shit manager and one capable of winning things, I'd want to go out a winner rather than a mercenary. Ah well.

March 05, 2018, 12:51:55 PM
Reply #2918

Waltzer

15 years ago maybe!!

Everton’s chief shareholder Farhad Moshiri is ready to make a shock move to take Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to Goodison Park to replace Sam Allardyce if he is sacked by the Gunners, according to a report.

The Daily Star claim on their website that the Toffees’ owner has identified the 68-year-old Frenchman as his ideal manager to take the club forward after their faltering campaign, which saw Ronald Koeman sacked before Allardyce arrived at the helm.

However it is said that Moshiri has already sharpened the axe for the former England boss, and is eyeing up new candidates to take over, with the under-fire Arsenal coach reported to be his number one target in what would be a shock move.
The Premier League stalwart, who has been with the Gunners for over two decades, has seen his place come under pressure once again following the club’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Brighton on Sunday, which was their fourth consecutive defeat, the first time the north London side have suffered such a run in 16 years.

March 05, 2018, 01:43:58 PM
Reply #2919

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
............I think it's a bit of sarcasm don't you ?

Yeah I get that but 1) why put pienaar in with hibbert and nuno? 2) not really in keeping with the tone of the article at all, just a last minute jab? And 3) Moyes broke the top 4, and if anyone manages to get 5th in the next couple of years I will eat my fucking hat, it would be a miracle.

Just didn’t really get it, it was like allardyce not doing enough to win everton over...but who’s arsed cause everton have been shit for 20 years.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 05, 2018, 01:46:17 PM
Reply #2920

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I would be. If i had a point to prove like Mr Pints of Wine did about not being a shit manager and one capable of winning things, I'd want to go out a winner rather than a mercenary. Ah well.
He's sadly proven his point

All he cares about is money
Simply simply lovely

March 05, 2018, 02:07:56 PM
Reply #2921

Macca77

He's sadly proven his point

All he cares about is money

And we were stupid enough to give him it, how weak does that make us look

March 05, 2018, 02:39:47 PM
Reply #2922

Alanvideo

Yeah I get that but 1) why put pienaar in with hibbert and nuno? 2) not really in keeping with the tone of the article at all, just a last minute jab? And 3) Moyes broke the top 4, and if anyone manages to get 5th in the next couple of years I will eat my fucking hat, it would be a miracle.

Just didn’t really get it, it was like allardyce not doing enough to win everton over...but who’s arsed cause everton have been shit for 20 years.
....................yes it should have said we were 4th not 5th. The piece on Everton is part of a regular feature of the Guardian called The Fiver  ,they always take the piss out of everything.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/02/yearning-for-the-samba-style-tiki-taka-approach-of-tony-hibbert

March 05, 2018, 02:44:09 PM
Reply #2923

Hawkandro

Would be happy to see him go but painful as it is I think we need to wait until the season's over and just fume away until May.

Change now and its 3 different managers plus 1 or 2 caretaker spells in one season- can't see how that helps things. Just a big mess that will have to be sorted over the summer (Again!)

I agree; as much as I want him out of the club, I cannot see Moshiri getting rid of him in the season, unless we actually get pulled into the relegation zone, then maybe Moshiri would take action. As it is, as bad as we are, I cannot see the bottom 3 catching us now, so I think we will just have to boil in our own piss for another 2 months.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 05, 2018, 03:47:33 PM
Reply #2924

Rodenplav64

Stopped reading after the first sentence.

Sorry about that I will use little words for you next time .