May 23, 2018, 01:48:54 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 110428 times)

December 31, 2017, 06:52:55 PM
Reply #660

Simon Paul

Administrator
A challenge for anyone out there still sober .
How is it if we have only lost once in 8 can we (almost) all be so down ? It has to be the way we are playing and who is that down to ? If we got rid of Martinez and Koeman then who is responsible for the style of play if it isn't yet Sam's fault ? Happy New Year to all including the ones who didn't want Chrimbo ( It is over now lads)

Football isn't merely about not losing. Winning is also quite important. Something we have t done for a while and with united and le merde coming up, it's not likely we will this week

It's also about being entertained. If we can't be entertaining but can win - or avoid losing - then most people won't mind. If we can be entertaining but lose marginally at times, hen some people won't mind. If we are bored and losing then most people don't enjoy it.

That'a it really.

It doesn't really matter whose fault it is, those who have gone before have paid with their jobs. What matters is whose job it is to sort it out, and whether or not they can.

December 31, 2017, 07:31:56 PM
Reply #661

Normm

I remember Allardyce saying he doesn't like to see players constantly passing sideways and backwards. That was some weeks ago and I thought, "At last! A manager who talks sense." However, talking about it is one thing - on the pitch and in selections I don't see any attempt to change this sorry style of play.

The defensive lineup against Bournemouth left fans bewildered. You just know the ball is going to keep coming back to the Everton box like a yo-yo. Then, when we finally have players on the pitch to contribute to attacking football and looking like they will win, what does the manager do? He takes off Gana and puts Rooney to defend in his place. Bolasie, completely off the pace and out of form contributes little and the inevitable happens. We become unbalanced, lose team cohesion and lose the match. His managerial decisions over the last two games have been bizarre. His luck ran out.

Let's face it. Everton have been massively lucky in recent games. He continued with the players that beat West Ham 4-0 and made few changes in the first few matches. He has a lot still to prove and many are not impressed with what they see or with his comments concerning players such as Niasse.

He made massive mistakes in his management against Bournemouth, so he will need to do exceptionally well from here on to bring the fans back on side.

December 31, 2017, 08:08:06 PM
Reply #662

Lxxx

I don't actually think he'll consider he's done anything wrong at all though in the Bournemouth game. I kind of get the impression he thinks he knows more about football than everyone else put together and anyone who queries him must be stupid.

December 31, 2017, 08:13:25 PM
Reply #663

gizzblue

I don't actually think he'll consider he's done anything wrong at all though in the Bournemouth game. I kind of get the impression he thinks he knows more about football than everyone else put together and anyone who queries him must be stupid.
Egotist attitude doesn't always work though ,and he never took what happened at WBA on board at all....just look at what RK's ego did to us .

December 31, 2017, 08:25:30 PM
Reply #664

cantoffee

I don't think it's the results that are causing the concern. I think it's that so far the results have be good given where we were but that what Sam has done is what we all knew he would be able to do. Make us tough to beat.

Now the concern is that he can't go beyond that. That was the biggest reservation for most people, he has a ceiling and we will remain tough to beat but unable to go beyond that. The way the last two games have played out is bringing out those fears.

He still needs time, a transfer window, and less fixture congestion to get his ideas across. It will be hard to keep fans onside with the footvall he is playing though and things could turn sour very quickly.

December 31, 2017, 08:31:27 PM
Reply #665

sirblue57

Sam was no one's first choice, but neither was Koeman. We have gone backwards since Martinez second season, only Lukaku hid the problem, our recruitment since moyes left apart from Lukaku, has not been brilliant, apart from Pickford and possibly Bolassie, none have looked worth the money.
We have to give Sam a chance in fairness, but if a quality manager , and imo, a quality DoF, we should move quickly. I have little faith in what we have.
But I have always said, our problems start at the top, we have a reputation as a "nice" club. That's ok, but I would prefer a reputation as a successful, ambitious  club more.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

December 31, 2017, 08:38:47 PM
Reply #666

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just about the whole forum agrees that Sam inherited a crock of shit. A strike force that can't score, a midfield that can't create, a defence with more holes than a colander and looking like we'd lose every game.
Pick any manager from Guardiola downwards and set out a realistic aim that they could achieve in 5 weeks.
I'm not defending Sam - he wouldn't have been my first choice - but like any other manager should be given time and judged on results.
What I am sticking up for is the need for objectivity.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 31, 2017, 08:39:33 PM
Reply #667

BlueBeagle

Sam was no one's first choice, but neither was Koeman.

What?

Koeman was plenty of peoples first choice, including our majority shareholder no less.

December 31, 2017, 09:43:50 PM
Reply #668

Shogun

Administrator
Noticed in his interviews that he talks about the basics and cutting out mistakes defensively but then he says he doesn't do anything specific offensively in training.

If this is true then how can he continue to be baffled by how shit we are in possession?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 31, 2017, 09:50:30 PM
Reply #669

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
My problem with Fraud is that he can take Barcelona with all their star players and they will finish 5th with the best defensive record in the league. That's the type of manager he is.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 31, 2017, 11:28:34 PM
Reply #670

everton1952

My problem with Fraud is that he can take Barcelona with all their star players and they will finish 5th with the best defensive record in the league. That's the type of manager he is.
Your problem will come should he he succeed at Everton (which we all hope he does) and turns us into a top 6 challenging team. What will you say then? Nothing presumably.

January 01, 2018, 12:06:12 AM
Reply #671

therealdunc

1 defeat in 8 games, away from home in a 5 week window

Some real nasty agendas on display again today
Blue

January 01, 2018, 12:07:56 AM
Reply #672

Shogun

Administrator
Can't wait for Gash to call you a cunt later
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 01, 2018, 12:12:39 AM
Reply #673

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Agreed mate. Some really horrible stuff on here lately.

Really upsets me to be perfectly honest.

January 01, 2018, 07:14:19 AM
Reply #674

Gash

Global Moderator

Oh shut up you absolute weapon.

You've a bigger agenda than anyone else.