November 16, 2018, 04:19:03 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 134658 times)

February 12, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
Reply #15

Alanvideo

I've been saying this all along, he took the credit when we beat Huddersfield, Swansea (who were bottom) and Newcastle, beating 3 very poor teams is nothing to brag about, a few on here claimed the West Ham win was because of Sam as well. He's a one trick pony, takes all the glory when we win and blames everyone else when we don't. I can't wait til the season is over and he fucks off
..................don't want to sound like I'm defending SA but we had a run of 7 or 8 games unbeaten when he came in - which stabilised the league position - so he must have done something right.
I want him gone ASAP  but a lot of the blame lies with the people who appointed him after spending weeks chasing Silva.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 17, 2018, 03:52:55 AM
Reply #16

Alanvideo

He do well, he did his job, can’t stress this enough mate he’s very good at that one specific job, but that’s not good enough for us and we want more.

His early work (Bolton) was incredible and ahead of his time. His deep block relegation escapes are fine, for teams of that standard, but neither of those mean he’s a viable candidate now.
...............I can't forget his Sunderland team battered us 3-0 in what turned out to be RM's last game. 

February 28, 2018, 04:40:44 PM
Reply #17

Alanvideo

I agree with this, I'd bin him off now, let Unsworth takeover for the rest of the season, we're not in danger of going down, one more win is all we need really. Appoint Fonseca (if he's the main target) as soon as his contract is up in May.
.....................wouldn't surprise me if SA gets 'released' before the end of the season. Whatever bounce we got when he came in has now deflated and the Arsenal and Watford fiascos will have worried Moshiri. The final straw I reckon ,is the Cenk situation - spend £27m on a much needed striker then don't play him . Imagine how pissed off Mosh is about that scenario.

February 28, 2018, 09:36:29 PM
Reply #18

Alanvideo

March 04, 2018, 11:00:05 PM
Reply #19

Alanvideo

A bit of light relief from yesterday's Guardian..........

BIG SAM’S SCHOOL OF SCIENCE

A cynic could conceivably argue that Everton are not having a great season. Under Ronald Koeman, the Merseyside club finished seventh and went on an expensive summer trolley dash. Supporters were buoyant with optimism for a brave new dawn, with hopes high that their team would once again finish seventh, but in a swashbuckling style befitting a club that had spent the thick end of £180m on the likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson, Michael Keane, Davy Klassen and Jordan Pickford, as well as bringing in Wayne Rooney, Sandro and Cuco Martínez.

Sam Allardyce claims Everton in ‘very good position’ and hits back over style
 Read more

Having assembled these expensive new acquisitions, Koeman set about putting them together with all the dexterity and skill of a drunk trying to assemble an Ikea kitchen cabinet without instructions and was soon sent packing, making way for “Unzy”, who it soon became apparent was hopelessly out of his depth. With the very real prospect of relegation looming, there was only one thing to do and the Big Sam insignia could soon be seen lighting up the sky over Goodison Park. Now Everton are ninth, playing the kind of agricultural percentage football for which Big Sam has long been renowned despite his dogged insistence, in the face of all available evidence to the contrary, that it is not the kind of agricultural percentage football that his teams play.

“At the moment we are in a very good position,” said Sam earlier, when it was put to him that his team is not in a very good position and that he might be ordered to do one at the end of the season. “I am slightly surprised about the [speculation] but you can look at the two differences between us: good at home and not good enough away from home.” Sam also put forward the tenuous argument that Everton must be having a good season, because they’re only three points behind Burnley and everyone seems to think they are doing great. That’s the same Burnley, who spent about £30m last summer and have failed to win any of their past 11 top-flight games.

While there is every chance that Everton will reel in Burnley and finish seventh again, the fact of the matter is that they are currently 13 points worse off than at the corresponding time last season. While the blame for this cannot be laid at the door of a manager who only took over in late November, the style in which they are going about their business most certainly can. “Style of play is only brought up by previous people making out from many years ago we were playing this type of football, which is 10 years ago past,” sniffed Sam, accusing those who take umbrage at his overly-cautious approach of yearning for halcyon, long gone days of yore. Indeed, who can forget the samba-style tiki-taka approach of Tony Hibbert, Nuno Valente and Steven Pienaar under David Moyes, at a time when Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur were both bobbins and the Scot led them to the dizzy heights of fifth.

March 05, 2018, 01:33:36 AM
Reply #20

Alanvideo

Indeed, who can forget the samba-style tiki-taka approach of Tony Hibbert, Nuno Valente and Steven Pienaar under David Moyes, at a time when Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur were both bobbins and the Scot led them to the dizzy heights of fifth.

What the hells that bit about?
............I think it's a bit of sarcasm don't you ?

March 05, 2018, 02:21:29 AM
Reply #21

Alanvideo

It's difficult to see how he can survive after yesterday's reaction from the crowd. I know he's hard-faced enough to stick it out but it was absolutely poisonous, particularly so because the tunnel was in the corner at the away end.

How I'm sure he would have loved to just turn on his heels and disappear under the stand. I
actually felt embarrassed for him and the hapless hobbit.

I would imagine he's been in discussions today as to how much of his pay-off he can trouser if he walks away now. If he has any self-respect left he'll be gone before the Brighton game.

If that doesn't happen there'll be another walk of shame for him at Stoke, where the "tunnel” is in the same place. If nothing else he's been unlucky to have those two as consecutive away games.
.......................the Brighton game is yet another sell-out , anything other than a convincing win SA will get unbelievable stick. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by then.

March 05, 2018, 02:39:47 PM
Reply #22

Alanvideo

Yeah I get that but 1) why put pienaar in with hibbert and nuno? 2) not really in keeping with the tone of the article at all, just a last minute jab? And 3) Moyes broke the top 4, and if anyone manages to get 5th in the next couple of years I will eat my fucking hat, it would be a miracle.

Just didn’t really get it, it was like allardyce not doing enough to win everton over...but who’s arsed cause everton have been shit for 20 years.
....................yes it should have said we were 4th not 5th. The piece on Everton is part of a regular feature of the Guardian called The Fiver  ,they always take the piss out of everything.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/02/yearning-for-the-samba-style-tiki-taka-approach-of-tony-hibbert

March 05, 2018, 06:49:10 PM
Reply #23

Alanvideo

Rumours going around that Shakespeare doesn't see eye-to-eye with Allardyce and his defensive set-up. Who knows?
.....................beware the ides of March

March 06, 2018, 04:17:11 AM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

Players have already decided he's toast pal. Not sure what you're seeing.
                                It's a sad, sad situation
                                And it's getting more and more absurd     :badum:

March 07, 2018, 04:42:01 PM
Reply #25

Alanvideo

Still too much danger tbh.

Get mathematically safe, then Luca Brasi him.
.........................Big Sam sleeps with the fishes  :wag:     
                     Or maybe the Tony Soprano approach.................

March 08, 2018, 05:33:40 PM
Reply #26

Alanvideo

He's hardly likely to say anything other than he's here for the duration. We all know he's getting chased out asap.

March 08, 2018, 06:06:18 PM
Reply #27

Alanvideo

Is that based on anything other than what fans want to happen? Any sources that have confirmed he’s on his way out?

Genuine question. I’ve not been following all this recently.
..........................it comes from the away end at Burnley . No manager can survive when the fans are chanting fuck off . I think we'll hear more of the same on Saturday if (when) Brighton get the opener.