November 21, 2018, 10:04:30 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 135269 times)

December 30, 2017, 11:05:45 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

All my life, up until very recently, I celebrated like a madman whenever we scored, I'd be fuming when we conceded and I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost a game. Probably the same with all of us.

But watching us approach games the way we are doing, against teams like West Brom and Bournemouth, it's sort of knocking the stuffing out of me. I'm not buzzing that much if we score, and I'm not all that gutted if we concede or lose, and I'm really not used to feeling like that. It's sucking the life out of watching Everton.

I know we've got limited players in some areas, and an unbalanced squad and all that but I really can't get too invested in watching us approach games like this. I'm trying to give Allardyce the benefit of the doubt but it's almost indefensible to go to 18th and 19th in the league, and set up the way we are.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2017, 11:31:30 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

..................good description of how most fans will feel . Sam just sets up 'not to lose ' and today it went wrong ,as it nearly did at WBA. Is he just underlining  the point to the board that we need a few new players  ?

I don't know Al. I don't think he's in a position to throw games away like that to make a point, and I imagine he knows that himself. He can just tell the board what he needs, and money isn't a problem so I don't think that's an issue.

Could he try to maybe set up with a balanced formation with Gylfi as the 10, and wingers either side. Why not try that? People saying Klaassen isn't showing anything but he was the captain of Ajax in the EL final last year. He has to be a better player than he has shown. Shouldn't the manager be working with him to help rediscover that ability, rather than just leaving him out of squads altogether. Where are Vlasic and Lookman. Fucking try them! It has to be better than hoofball, and the fans will at least give Sam more of a break for trying something more offensive.

It's all so deeply, deeply, predictably uninspiring.

January 02, 2018, 01:33:07 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

I wish he had Lee Bullen's passion for his own football club

Wednesday are in freefall, so that passion really isn't translating into results or performances. Not sure why you've posted this. Passion doesn't win you points.

January 02, 2018, 04:53:47 PM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

Iíd love to see a shot on target soon.

The agenda bizzies won't allow us to criticise him against Utd, the shite and Spurs so park any expectations you might have for a while.

January 06, 2018, 12:48:32 AM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

Getting back to the thread title. I managed to see Sam's press conference thanks to SAN_DRO and I have to say I really like Sam !! Sorry to those who wish he was somewhere else. He inspires confidence in the way he expresses himself, plain speaking, sense of humour.  He may not succeed here but it won't be for want of trying. I await a torrent of abuse for admitting I like him. I don't care.

You a bit disappointed you didn't get a torrent of abuse?

January 08, 2018, 02:13:20 AM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

I believe we are going big time

We couldn't possibly look less like going big time.

Allardyce might as well have 'small time' written on his club trackies.

January 14, 2018, 02:51:27 AM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

Lads, he's always been shit, playing garbage, lowest common denominator football. If you thought or expected otherwise, more fool you.

January 14, 2018, 03:00:19 AM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Yes we may as well have kept Mr Phenomenal, or Koeman or Unsie. who knows what might have happened? One can guess of course.

Mate, if you came home and found Allardyce in bed with your Mrs, you'd still find a way to excuse it. It does you no good to get entrenched in a viewpoint and blindly stick to it, regardless of all evidence. Acknowledge that he shouldn't be anywhere near this football club, and liberate yourself. You'll feel better for it.

January 14, 2018, 03:10:20 AM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

It's taken a while but some people are getting it aren't they?

I'd be fuming if I'd expected different from him. Not fuming at him mind. Fuming at myself.

A few yeah. I see the hardcore are still ploughing on blindly through the wilderness like.

January 14, 2018, 03:15:33 AM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

3 managers cant get this lot to play attacking football that you would like to see but 1 got us points

you can pick any manager you like with slow half at it players like that playing and you will get the same shit spot kidding yourself Sam came here seen what crap we had got it working and got crap for it so now we are back to the 4 fucking 0 games

but your happy

That middle 'paragraph' needs to be preserved and celebrated, for it's contribution to the Surrealist movement.

January 14, 2018, 10:05:26 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Would Pepís man management make Martina a better player with a wand of a left foot? Sorry for being facetious but I donít think Pep has the same problems as Sam.

I think there is far too much emphasis placed on management, tactics, formations etc.

Itís about having quality players.

The league table nearly always runs in order of squad ability. Nearly.

But itís an easier narrative to make the manager the scapegoat (and rightly so in some circumstances, thatís what they get paid for) than blame the squad. After-all, itís easier to replace one man that 25.

Those who think Sam is the issue will be in for a shock when the next guy fails and the one after him.

Why hasn't Allardyce, the manager, bought a left back in the last two weeks?

January 14, 2018, 10:45:40 PM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

Is that a joke?

Why would it be? It's commonly known that we have one capable left back at the club. Allardyce came in a good few weeks ago, before the window opened.

You're saying he isn't a miracle worker, so how can he do anything with Cuco Martina, which is a fair point. So why hasn't it been identified and addressed by this incredible, ground breaking leader of men?

January 15, 2018, 07:49:08 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

Reserve judgement until October 2018.

Which day in October? 1st? 15th? 31st? I was thinking the 12th feels like a good date to be allowed to form an opinion. Let us know.

January 19, 2018, 09:10:14 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

Big Sam for DoF after his time as manager, then move Walsh down to head scout as he was before he came here would that be why joe royal left hmm

I don't even think jimmywack could not see Big Sam as a DoF would be a bad thing or is he just going to Hate for the sake of it

Genuinely have to ask if this is a serious comment?

January 19, 2018, 09:17:22 PM
Reply #44

Bluedylan

you not think he would be good at it

ok there might be a few quid going AWOL but he can get the players to sign ok 

and no its not a comment its more pub talk but there might be something in it or is there

I think you've answered the question