October 14, 2019, 10:35:59 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 167366 times)

December 06, 2017, 07:05:38 AM
Read 167366 times

Cuttyblue

If he gets a win on Sunday, it's going to give him a lot of room to get things into order. It will set him up with the fans for weeks.

If he organizes us our first win at The tin mine for a generation, we will overreact big time (prob me included) and will be singing his praises for months not weeks

December 10, 2017, 10:42:02 PM
Reply #1

Cuttyblue

Big Sam.  One goal conceded.  10 scored since he's been announced.  10/12 points.

Job 1 complete: Stabilized.  No way we are a relegation threat anymore. 

December 10, 2017, 11:13:13 PM
Reply #2

Cuttyblue

Tactically spot on off the ball.

On the ball there seemed no real plan.

Having Lennon on and Rooney in the middle helped that in the second half.

Can't argue that there's a massive improvement in how line up these days.

Can't remember Pickford making many saves in the last couple of games and even Ashley Williams looks decent.

Fair play. He's probably the manager we've needed for the moment. Long term though it's yet to be seen but I'm happy with how he's conducted himself so far.

Right.  This was the right choice to bring Sam on to lead us here.  It's obvious we're going to be safely mid-table, so now we can push everything we've got to the FA Cup.

Big opportunity for Allardyce this summer and especially next season.  Long way to go to convince us he's the long-term manager we need.

December 10, 2017, 11:17:57 PM
Reply #3

Cuttyblue

I don't want to have to.

He can come in, stop us from being Koeman's shite, and fuck off and let a proper manager come in and take us forward to a level he's never been at before.

Si,

Permit me to put you on the spot:

Everton finishes 6-7th next year and returns to European competition - basically Allardyce returns us to where we ought to be in a season and a half.

Would you support a contract extension for Allardyce?

December 10, 2017, 11:31:29 PM
Reply #4

Cuttyblue

Nope, he's far too old and....

he's a capable manager for teams like Palace, Sunderland, West Ham and Bolton.

but so is David Moyes.

We are none of those clubs.

Asked and answered, Ta.

I just want to win, I want to beat top clubs like the rs several times a year, I want to see Rooney lift a cup.  If unfashionable Big Sam can do that, I am onboard - choo choo.

February 04, 2018, 02:05:37 AM
Reply #5

Cuttyblue

So I'm not a full throated Sam Hater.

His post-match comments are very risky.  Our dressing room attitude and morale have been shockingly poor since Martinez's last year.  This group has proven time after time that they are willing to completely down tools and let their manager hang out to dry.

You would think we can still muddle along for 10-12th at season's end, but if the players quit... Allardyce will be sacked.