July 21, 2018, 09:22:17 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 120154 times)

December 10, 2017, 10:24:36 PM
Reply #195

KoemansNumberTens

Wrong thread

December 10, 2017, 10:25:26 PM
Reply #196

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say I`m starting to warm to Big Sam and dare I say Sammy Lee

December 10, 2017, 10:27:49 PM
Reply #197

KoemansNumberTens

Set us up perfectly today. For all their pace and movement they had 3 shots on target to our 2.

December 10, 2017, 10:42:02 PM
Reply #198

Cuttyblue

Big Sam.  One goal conceded.  10 scored since he's been announced.  10/12 points.

Job 1 complete: Stabilized.  No way we are a relegation threat anymore. 

December 10, 2017, 10:48:44 PM
Reply #199

The Analog Kid

Big Sam.  One goal conceded.  10 scored since he's been announced.  10/12 points.

We never were. We’ve been in worse situations with better sides around us.

December 10, 2017, 10:51:58 PM
Reply #200

loroloco

after only 11 days in the job. fair to say the majority of us are relieved. we were the worst team in the league 2 weeks ago. without question in my opinion.

December 10, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
Reply #201

KoemansNumberTens

We never were. We’ve been in worse situations with better sides around us.

Disagree our performances were starting to become inept. Think we were in trouble despite having lots of decent players

December 10, 2017, 10:53:24 PM
Reply #202

Simon Paul

Administrator
awful performance, awful tactics, lucky point but a point was better than I expected

we were let off by the fact that Klopp thought he could win it without his best players, but all he did was prove that they are overly reliant on one player - yet again

but a draw at Anfield is a draw at Anfield and anything that winds them up is good by me!

December 10, 2017, 10:55:44 PM
Reply #203

KoemansNumberTens

awful performance, awful tactics, lucky point but a point was better than I expected

we were let off by the fact that Klopp thought he could win it without his best players, but all he did was prove that they are overly reliant on one player - yet again

but a draw at Anfield is a draw at Anfield and anything that winds them up is good by me!

Never gonna give him credit are you. Restricted 1 of the best attacking teams to 3 shots on target. Tactically we got it right

December 10, 2017, 10:59:48 PM
Reply #204

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Never gonna give him credit are you. Restricted 1 of the best attacking teams to 3 shots on target. Tactically we got it right

We would have lost this game 5/6 null with Koeman, fact.

December 10, 2017, 11:00:22 PM
Reply #205

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Tactically spot on off the ball.

On the ball there seemed no real plan.

Having Lennon on and Rooney in the middle helped that in the second half.

Can't argue that there's a massive improvement in how line up these days.

Can't remember Pickford making many saves in the last couple of games and even Ashley Williams looks decent.

Fair play. He's probably the manager we've needed for the moment. Long term though it's yet to be seen but I'm happy with how he's conducted himself so far.

December 10, 2017, 11:01:09 PM
Reply #206

Mayor Farnum

Could you suggest a different set of tactics?

December 10, 2017, 11:02:07 PM
Reply #207

Simon Paul

Administrator

the "on target" bit was a well-chosen statistic....

they had 23 shots

that's more wasteful than restricted

December 10, 2017, 11:03:03 PM
Reply #208

Simon Paul

Administrator
Could you suggest a different set of tactics?

as @TheRam suggests above you, actually having a tactic when we got the ball would have been a good idea

"smash it as far as you can" is not the Everton way, I'm afraid.

December 10, 2017, 11:03:51 PM
Reply #209

KoemansNumberTens

Tactically spot on off the ball.

On the ball there seemed no real plan.

Having Lennon on and Rooney in the middle helped that in the second half.

Can't argue that there's a massive improvement in how line up these days.

Can't remember Pickford making many saves in the last couple of games and even Ashley Williams looks decent.

Fair play. He's probably the manager we've needed for the moment. Long term though it's yet to be seen but I'm happy with how he's conducted himself so far.

We just don't have the players offensively. Need a targetman. Need a quality winger (rather than the promising kids) and we need a playmaker. Will look so much better when the injuries clear up and we get a transfer window