July 20, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 119950 times)

December 10, 2017, 11:16:12 PM
Reply #225

Simon Paul

Administrator
Will you ever warm to Allardyce/Lee @Simon Paul ?

Genuine question like, not a sarky one.

I don't want to have to.

He can come in, stop us from being Koeman's shite, and fuck off and let a proper manager come in and take us forward to a level he's never been at before.

December 10, 2017, 11:16:17 PM
Reply #226

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
*that* way of playing was perfect.  silky on the ball, smashing players everywhere in the tackle.  Cuco Martina has got those things the wrong way round.  Silk in the tackle, smashing the ball everywhere.

haha yes true.

But this has equally pissed the opposition manager off and it's even funnier.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 10, 2017, 11:16:51 PM
Reply #227

Simon Paul

Administrator
haha yes true.

But this has equally pissed the opposition manager off and it's even funnier.

oh yeah, Klopp is a decision away from meltdown

December 10, 2017, 11:16:58 PM
Reply #228

The Analog Kid

I don't want to have to.

He can come in, stop us from being Koeman's shite, and fuck off and let a proper manager come in and take us forward to a level he's never been at before.

Who’s you preferred choice?

December 10, 2017, 11:17:57 PM
Reply #229

Cuttyblue

I don't want to have to.

Si,

Permit me to put you on the spot:

Everton finishes 6-7th next year and returns to European competition - basically Allardyce returns us to where we ought to be in a season and a half.

Would you support a contract extension for Allardyce?

December 10, 2017, 11:18:04 PM
Reply #230

therealdunc

Big Sam did to Klopp what Ferguson did to Rafa

He made him crack up

For that I will forever be grateful
Blue

December 10, 2017, 11:18:52 PM
Reply #231

KoemansNumberTens

yes

when he has proven he is

he's managed 3 games.  well, 2 he was actually involved in.

we were pretty shit against Huddersfield in the first half, and we were shit against Liverpool for 70 minutes today.

but 4 points in the league is sound from two games, you can't argue with that.

I'll give him 10 games eh?  Like we do when managers are proper shit but you people don't want him sacked so they say to give him ten more games?

as Ram said as well, he's probably what we need at the moment and in the short term, but fuck me how bad are things when you NEED Sam Allardyce in charge?  and how bad will it be when we get to the stage where we need someone better but he's given a big contract because he's not Ronald Koeman.

I think he's a great manager. Not fashionable but clubs improve with him there and struggle when he goes.
Never done a bad job and people talk as if he's useless. I like him. Though I did suggest we sign balotelli so there's a chance I might be a lunatic

December 10, 2017, 11:19:53 PM
Reply #232

Simon Paul

Administrator
Who’s you preferred choice?

someone with a fancy foreign name and a bit of a beard who wears a raincoat

I'd have put Dyche in where Allardyce is now though.  Gets his teams playing in actual formations, takes no shit, sorts out defences, but is young and hungry enough to want to push forward.

If Silva proves he can work well at Watford then wouldn't be averse to him, but he's not number one.

Thomas Tuchel would be my first choice to take over from Allardyce, but it would be in May 2018, not 2019.  Stop the rot, move on.  Sharpish.

December 10, 2017, 11:21:04 PM
Reply #233

KoemansNumberTens

I don't want to have to.

Like who? What level has Silva been at? He won a league with a side that won 9 leagues in 10 years.

You're point blank refusing to give him a fair chance. So far so good. Why would you want him to fuck off. Surely we want him to succeed

December 10, 2017, 11:21:13 PM
Reply #234

Simon Paul

Administrator
Si,

Permit me to put you on the spot:

Everton finishes 6-7th next year and returns to European competition - basically Allardyce returns us to where we ought to be in a season and a half.

Would you support a contract extension for Allardyce?

Nope, he's far too old and....

I think he's a great manager. Not fashionable but clubs improve with him there and struggle when he goes.
Never done a bad job and people talk as if he's useless. I like him. Though I did suggest we sign balotelli so there's a chance I might be a lunatic

he's a capable manager for teams like Palace, Sunderland, West Ham and Bolton.

but so is David Moyes.

We are none of those clubs.

December 10, 2017, 11:23:17 PM
Reply #235

GrantyBoy78

We never were. We've been in worse situations with better sides around us.
Before he joined:

- Only won 3 of 13 league games
- No away win in almost a year
- conceded first in 16 of 17 games

That’s relegation form.

It was a possibility, let’s not pretend it wasn’t.

December 10, 2017, 11:25:32 PM
Reply #236

AllyBlue14

as @TheRam suggests above you, actually having a tactic when we got the ball would have been a good idea

"smash it as far as you can" is not the Everton way, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately the Everton way in recent derbies has been to get twatted, conceding 3 or 4 in the process.

From where we were a couple of weeks ago, to limit them to 3 shots on target is a miracle really - yes, they may have been wasteful with a couple in particular, but we certainly restricted the amount of clear-cut chances.

December 10, 2017, 11:27:57 PM
Reply #237

Mayor Farnum

Allardyce is too honest for his own good. He plays direct football and is happy to admit it. It makes fans think he's the only one doing it.

December 10, 2017, 11:31:29 PM
Reply #238

Cuttyblue

Nope, he's far too old and....

he's a capable manager for teams like Palace, Sunderland, West Ham and Bolton.

but so is David Moyes.

We are none of those clubs.

Asked and answered, Ta.

I just want to win, I want to beat top clubs like the rs several times a year, I want to see Rooney lift a cup.  If unfashionable Big Sam can do that, I am onboard - choo choo.

December 10, 2017, 11:35:50 PM
Reply #239

Simon Paul

Administrator
Asked and answered, Ta.

I just want to win, I want to beat top clubs like the rs several times a year, I want to see Rooney lift a cup.  If unfashionable Big Sam can do that, I am onboard - choo choo.

that's what we all want mate

I'll celebrate the same as anyone else if Allardyce is our manager when it happens as well by the way!