October 20, 2018, 09:52:13 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 131197 times)

December 11, 2017, 08:59:19 AM
Reply #255

Shogun

Administrator
If we play like that in the cup match then I'll be a bit less forgiving.

Considering we shipped nine goals in two matches only a couple of week ago though, I think we can let it slide considering we ended up getting a point.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 11, 2017, 12:20:45 PM
Reply #256

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we play like that in the cup match then I'll be a bit less forgiving.

Considering we shipped nine goals in two matches only a couple of week ago though, I think we can let it slide considering we ended up getting a point.

I donít really expect not to go and defend.

Utd certainly do it there, Chelsea do it there (but have much better CF option and players who can run 50 yards up the pitch with the ball) etc.

City are good enough to keep the ball - Arsenal get walloped regularly.

Everyone else defends.

Think the plan was that the two big / fast runners would already be in the channels.

Problem was that it rarely went to DCL first half and Niasse was awful.

Plus we still canít seem, despite different managers and players, to find enough players who can do the basics going forward when we go there.

Even Pickford was lashing it out play more often than not.

December 11, 2017, 12:32:16 PM
Reply #257

bluenuck

Cholesterol face has done one thing for me. He's made me realize who is playing where when I turn the game on. We have players playing in positions, and playing as a unit.

Gueye for example. First 7-8 games I couldn't tell what position he was playing. One minute he's making a tackle on the left touch line and the next he's over on the right wing with the ball.

With Cholesterol face Our players are playing, and staying, in position, and our players are communicating with each other.

It's not pretty, but it's giving us a chance to get results.

Going forward though we need to get much better. So we don't have to rely on basically parking the bus.

December 11, 2017, 12:54:31 PM
Reply #258

BlueBeagle

Cholesterol face is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on here since people thinking Mourinho was a genuine option to replace Martinez

December 11, 2017, 01:09:18 PM
Reply #259

bluenuck

Cholesterol face is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on here since people thinking Mourinho was a genuine option to replace Martinez

So we're not goin with that name then?

December 11, 2017, 01:26:15 PM
Reply #260

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Probably the most ridiculous non sensicle name ever.

December 11, 2017, 01:37:38 PM
Reply #261

Cozzie

It was a bit shite to be honest mate.

December 11, 2017, 01:53:45 PM
Reply #262

The Analog Kid

Made me laugh when the camera cut to hin early in the 1st and he's shouting "Get the fuck over here" to someone.

Can't knock the fella so far.

Mason Holgate.

December 11, 2017, 01:56:07 PM
Reply #263

The Analog Kid

No. Maybe go with Big Sam, or just Sam. But Cholesterol Face is really shit.

December 11, 2017, 02:07:22 PM
Reply #264

Macca77

December 11, 2017, 02:25:15 PM
Reply #265

GoodisonPk

Utd certainly do it there, Chelsea do it there (but have much better CF option and players who can run 50 yards up the pitch with the ball) etc.

Everyone else defends.

Think the plan was that the two big / fast runners would already be in the channels.

Plus we still canít seem, despite different managers and players, to find enough players who can do the basics going forward when we go there.

On Pickford I'm thinking he was doing that on purpose so they have to throw it in every time. Could be wrong though.

December 11, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
Reply #266

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Everyone else defends.

Yup, this is it. Nothing they would like more than for us to come out and try and attack them. The blueprint to frustrate them is pretty clear, we lacked some quality in goin forward yesterday unfortunately is the only issue.

Plus for most of my life Iíve been hearing Ďah yous played for a draw thereí after derbies so Iím not sure how much more different we did other than a better job of it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 11, 2017, 03:48:30 PM
Reply #267

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not a fan of bringing a third centre half on at all.

Don't think it's been a needed sub in both games he's made it.

December 11, 2017, 03:50:19 PM
Reply #268

The Analog Kid

Everyone else defends.

Some of the reds I know were saying we were the worst team to go there. I thought United did less when they went. They had one shot on target I think plus they didnít score.

December 11, 2017, 04:21:11 PM
Reply #269

Danny

Not a fan of bringing a third centre half on at all.

Don't think it's been a needed sub in both games he's made it.

Against Huddersfield it shored us up even more so and got an extra CB minutes in his system.

Didnít watch the Liverpool game so couldnít comment but I have to say iíd basically written off the team until the window opened before Sam came in.

Any possible points he can scrap together between now and then he should get credit for whether itís playing attacking football or bringing more defenders on.