December 13, 2018, 02:08:45 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 137160 times)

January 21, 2018, 04:31:38 PM
Reply #45

Simon Paul

Administrator
I really liked it on here when Allardyce came in and got a few results and people were saying he was the answer and that he was going to save us and giving him all the credit

Now it's gone to shit he's not had enough time to change things and he deserves absolutely none of the blame

Wish people would make up their minds.  It was only six weeks ago and he'd worked his miracles, now it's unfair to expect him to work miracles. 

January 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM
Reply #46

Simon Paul

Administrator
Surely that position makes sense. We are shite. Good results are miracles but you can't expect miracles. Now you can argue if we are shite or not but that position on the manager from people who believe we are makes absolutely perfect sense

he was being credited with turning us around

now we've turned back again but it's not his fault we've turned back, he only gets credit, not criticism from the Sooper Bloos

January 21, 2018, 05:07:18 PM
Reply #47

Simon Paul

Administrator
Back to par...... it's par. Not good not bad. We were shit. We are shit.
I do think we are better than we were. Though that is a very low standard

so yesterday is all we should expect after allowing managers to spend 200m in the last 8 months?

the players have shown on their day that they are worth their fees and reputations.  but as someone said to me yesterday "They're all individuals though".  Yes, they are.  And a good manager will gel those individuals into a team, and once our "individuals" gel, we will get some great results.

if we sign a left back as well.

yesterday was no better than the worst days under Moyes, Martinez, and even Koeman.  We were boring.  We were static.  We were weak.  And yet we have seasoned internationals and hot young prospects all over our team.

February 06, 2018, 10:33:09 PM
Reply #48

Simon Paul

Administrator
Think I kept it pretty quiet but I didn't want him here

February 13, 2018, 12:04:12 AM
Reply #49

Simon Paul

Administrator
4 points away from "safety" given that nobody has been relegated on more than 37 points for about a decade

11 games to do it in

we're in a dogfight lads....

February 13, 2018, 12:20:46 AM
Reply #50

Simon Paul

Administrator
I wonder when he will get his "keeping us up bonus"

he has to make the threat of relegation look serious, so when he gets the fourth draw in 10 games and we are safe, he'll cash in then

February 13, 2018, 12:27:37 AM
Reply #51

Simon Paul

Administrator
Moshiri does the tapping his pockets thing and tells him he's left his wallet at home

Moshiri wonders where he is, looks around, realises it's not home, so texts his wife to tell Alexa to search for football managers with foreign sounding names

He accidentally texts it to Jim White though, who reads it out on Sky Sports News.  To be fair to Jim, though, he does put the kettle on and dresses up in the special lingerie "Daddy" Farhad bought him.

March 03, 2018, 01:23:08 AM
Reply #52

Simon Paul

Administrator
It is a fact though isn't it?

that we were 13th when he took over and not 18th?

yes.  that's a fact.

March 03, 2018, 09:16:56 PM
Reply #53

Simon Paul

Administrator
he laughed at fans chanting "Fuck off Sam Allardyce" and laughed when Sky Sports said some fans were unhappy

I offer that statement without comment.