January 19, 2018, 05:41:59 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 35897 times)

blueski, boothill, Bob Sacamano and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 24, 2017, 10:01:26 PM
Reply #570

BlueBeagle

If a manager had achieved even half of that with us having spent about 15m over 3 seasons (while City spent 298m, and Utd spent 234m in the same period), he would be worshiped like a deity.

Stop talking soft, you're making yourself look stupid.

You mean like Moyes did here?

A manager competing with teams who spend more is nothing new.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:14:12 PM by BlueBeagle »

deCoubertin

December 24, 2017, 11:22:05 PM
Reply #571

everton1952

Having progressed from football type suicidal threads on here only a few weeks ago, to where we are now, I can't understand all the negative vibes on here about the new management team or the criticism of our style of play against the current champions. There will be time enough to snipe and moan when we have spent a fair whack on covering our weaknesses and then find we have not changed to a better style of play.   Not now, unless some people prefer to gripe and say how poor we are.

December 24, 2017, 11:23:35 PM
Reply #572

Simon Paul

Administrator
And appoint which miracle worker? They all have better players than us and more money.

Uri Geller

I dunno, after appointing roberto Martinez and David unsworrh the club have taken the hiring and firing button off me

December 24, 2017, 11:48:04 PM
Reply #573

KoemansNumberTens

Uri Geller

I dunno, after appointing roberto Martinez and David unsworrh the club have taken the hiring and firing button off me

Hate people asking for names when it's suggested we could do better so I probably shouldn't either

My point is more that top 4 is asking for a miracle presently and to suggest we change managers if we fall short of that just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

There's not a manager out there that would make us anything but a long shot to finish in the top 4. Guardiola, Simeone, Mourinho, Ferguson. We'd still be outsiders by some distance to qualify for the champions league

We just don't have the finances or the players. Top 4 should be our dream rather than a realistic short term target

December 24, 2017, 11:51:00 PM
Reply #574

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
You mean like Moyes did here?

A manager competing with teams who spend more is nothing new.
Moyes to pochetino are worlds apart

Simply simply lovely

December 24, 2017, 11:53:20 PM
Reply #575

Simon Paul

Administrator
Hate people asking for names when it's suggested we could do better so I probably shouldn't either

My point is more that top 4 is asking for a miracle presently and to suggest we change managers if we fall short of that just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

There's not a manager out there that would make us anything but a long shot to finish in the top 4. Guardiola, Simeone, Mourinho, Ferguson. We'd still be outsiders by some distance to qualify for the champions league

We just don't have the finances or the players. Top 4 should be our dream rather than a realistic short term target

After 18 months of steadying the ship - which is all anyone should expect from Allardyce rather than getting carried away - then with good purchases from Walsh and co then we should be in a position to attack the top four within a couple of years

December 25, 2017, 12:02:15 AM
Reply #576

KoemansNumberTens

After 18 months of steadying the ship - which is all anyone should expect from Allardyce rather than getting carried away - then with good purchases from Walsh and co then we should be in a position to attack the top four within a couple of years

Should we? It will take unbelievable work in the transfer market or a lot more investment than looks likely

Also even if we are what if we are in part because of allardyces work with Walsh and allardyces man management and tactics.

If we are on the verge in 18 months then it's highly likely that it's to allardyces credit. We then just get rid and have a punt on someone else?? If that's a simeone or a guardiola I can see the logic. If it's the next koeman or silva we'll be giving up what will then be a proven team for just a hopeful punt .

December 25, 2017, 12:18:00 AM
Reply #577

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Should we? It will take unbelievable work in the transfer market or a lot more investment than looks likely

Also even if we are what if we are in part because of allardyces work with Walsh and allardyces man management and tactics.

If we are on the verge in 18 months then it's highly likely that it's to allardyces credit. We then just get rid and have a punt on someone else?? If that's a simeone or a guardiola I can see the logic. If it's the next koeman or silva we'll be giving up what will then be a proven team for just a hopeful punt .

Agreed. Our next manager needs to be very high profile and totally proven. Maybe Simeone will be interested then? However, it would be harsh on Allardyce if he has finally cracked it and wants to continue.

But as you say, if it's for getting the standard of manager we've had in the past, what's the point?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 25, 2017, 12:18:25 AM
Reply #578

BlueBeagle

Moyes to pochetino are worlds apart

Did I say they weren't?

It was an example of a manager who, in the past at least, managed to exceed expectations based on the budget available to him.

December 25, 2017, 12:20:18 AM
Reply #579

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Did I say they weren't?

It was an example of a manager who, in the past at least, managed to exceed expectations based on the budget available to him.

Is there an actual point you're trying to make here?

December 25, 2017, 12:27:29 AM
Reply #580

BlueBeagle

Is there an actual point you're trying to make here?

You thick or just trying to be a cunt?

Somebody made a statement based on a post I made. I'm further explaining that post to avoid anybody believing I'm saying Moyes and Pochettino are of a similar level.

Clear enough sergeant?

December 25, 2017, 12:30:36 AM
Reply #581

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 25, 2017, 12:36:18 AM
Reply #582

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You thick or just trying to be a cunt?

Somebody made a statement based on a post I made. I'm further explaining that post to avoid anybody believing I'm saying Moyes and Pochettino are of a similar level.

Clear enough sergeant?

The latter to answer your question. Something you're more than familiar with.

December 25, 2017, 12:37:09 AM
Reply #583

BlueBeagle

The latter to answer your question. Something you're more than familiar with.

Alright Prinny, jog on.

December 25, 2017, 12:47:24 AM
Reply #584

Mayor Farnum

We're putting the horse before the cart. Give Sam, or any other manager we can currently attract, 350 million to spend and if he doesn't make us Champions League regulars we will have a definitive answer.