October 21, 2018, 06:11:48 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 131267 times)

December 25, 2017, 04:47:57 PM
Reply #600

Dr. Sponge

Can we stop suggesting Diego Simeone will be our manager? It's all a bit silly isn't it?

December 25, 2017, 04:48:36 PM
Reply #601

Toddacelli

Allardyce will be supported in the next two transfer windows. As long as their is an upwards trajectory it's ok to keep him. But... if a top class manager becomes available, like say Simeone and we can get him. Then we get rid of Sam. Same goes for players, if a better option than what we have becomes available then you get that player.

We might not be able to attract better players with Allardyce in charge. Perhaps we will need a better manager before we can get the better players.
That's the first argument for getting rid of Allardyce that I can understand. Big players want to play for big names.
Me - I just want the Everton manager to be successful - whoever it is. Wasn't impressed when we appointed him but I've been very impressed since he arrived.
Keep up the good work.
And Merry Christmas.
God bless us - every one.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 25, 2017, 05:25:32 PM
Reply #602

KoemansNumberTens

Can we stop suggesting Diego Simeone will be our manager? It's all a bit silly isn't it?

It wasn't a suggestion by me (as I originally said it) it was more how can people say we should definitely get rid of the manager we have regardless of success unless it's for an elite manager.

December 25, 2017, 05:27:42 PM
Reply #603

KoemansNumberTens

That's the first argument for getting rid of Allardyce that I can understand. Big players want to play for big names.
Me - I just want the Everton manager to be successful - whoever it is. Wasn't impressed when we appointed him but I've been very impressed since he arrived.
Keep up the good work.
And Merry Christmas.
God bless us - every one.

I don't even think it's true. Big players want to play for them big managers because with them come big transfer budgets, big wages, other top players and so trophies

If we appointed guardiola but all our budgets stayed the same we wouldn't attract players the top sides wanted

December 25, 2017, 09:18:54 PM
Reply #604

Dr. Sponge

It wasn't a suggestion by me (as I originally said it) it was more how can people say we should definitely get rid of the manager we have regardless of success unless it's for an elite manager.

My bad.

December 26, 2017, 04:42:00 AM
Reply #605

therealdunc

I don't even think it's true. Big players want to play for them big managers because with them come big transfer budgets, big wages, other top players and so trophies

If we appointed guardiola but all our budgets stayed the same we wouldn't attract players the top sides wanted

Agree

Players rarely sign for managers, the only exception in the premier league seems to be Guardiola

Most players admit they sign for the money, club and ambition - 3 things we need to get more off.
Blue

December 26, 2017, 04:47:02 AM
Reply #606

Shogun

Administrator

Knowing Everton, hed turn out shite for us anyway
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 26, 2017, 05:27:57 PM
Reply #607

JordanianEmbassy

The idea that you can get any manager to spend 18 months "steadying the ship" and then sack him and let someone else take over is utter nonsense. A new manager brings new ideas, likes different players, and will be liked by different players. You'd effectively be starting again.

December 30, 2017, 11:05:45 PM
Reply #608

Bluedylan

All my life, up until very recently, I celebrated like a madman whenever we scored, I'd be fuming when we conceded and I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost a game. Probably the same with all of us.

But watching us approach games the way we are doing, against teams like West Brom and Bournemouth, it's sort of knocking the stuffing out of me. I'm not buzzing that much if we score, and I'm not all that gutted if we concede or lose, and I'm really not used to feeling like that. It's sucking the life out of watching Everton.

I know we've got limited players in some areas, and an unbalanced squad and all that but I really can't get too invested in watching us approach games like this. I'm trying to give Allardyce the benefit of the doubt but it's almost indefensible to go to 18th and 19th in the league, and set up the way we are.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2017, 11:18:07 PM
Reply #609

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He is the Big fraud. What a loser with a loser mentality. Makes Moyes look like an attacking genius.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 30, 2017, 11:18:59 PM
Reply #610

Alanvideo

All my life, up until very recently, I celebrated like a madman whenever we scored, I'd be fuming when we conceded and I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost a game. Probably the same with all of us.

But watching us approach games the way we are doing, against teams like West Brom and Bournemouth, it's sort of knocking the stuffing out of me. I'm not buzzing that much if we score, and I'm not all that gutted if we concede or lose, and I'm really not used to feeling like that. It's sucking the life out of watching Everton.

I know we've got limited players in some areas, and an unbalanced squad and all that but I really can't get too invested in watching us approach games like this. I'm trying to give Allardyce the benefit of the doubt but it's almost indefensible to go to 18th and 19th in the league, and set up the way we are.
..................good description of how most fans will feel . Sam just sets up 'not to lose ' and today it went wrong ,as it nearly did at WBA. Is he just underlining  the point to the board that we need a few new players  ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 30, 2017, 11:31:30 PM
Reply #611

Bluedylan

..................good description of how most fans will feel . Sam just sets up 'not to lose ' and today it went wrong ,as it nearly did at WBA. Is he just underlining  the point to the board that we need a few new players  ?

I don't know Al. I don't think he's in a position to throw games away like that to make a point, and I imagine he knows that himself. He can just tell the board what he needs, and money isn't a problem so I don't think that's an issue.

Could he try to maybe set up with a balanced formation with Gylfi as the 10, and wingers either side. Why not try that? People saying Klaassen isn't showing anything but he was the captain of Ajax in the EL final last year. He has to be a better player than he has shown. Shouldn't the manager be working with him to help rediscover that ability, rather than just leaving him out of squads altogether. Where are Vlasic and Lookman. Fucking try them! It has to be better than hoofball, and the fans will at least give Sam more of a break for trying something more offensive.

It's all so deeply, deeply, predictably uninspiring.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2017, 11:39:17 PM
Reply #612

Dr. Sponge

Depressing like isn't it, seeing that team before the game and knowing we're not gonna win. But then you see Rooney and Bolasie come on and look way off the pace. Niasse as well, who was involved in the goal yes, but we all know he's a poor player.

Whatever you think of the manager, it's the quality of the squad that is the the real reason we're this shit. We've had 3 managers this season and it's the least shit we've been.

Without a fit Rooney today, we needed Schneiderlin to be on his game and start moves off. He was dreadful.

5 of our outfield players are good enough for a top 7 side; 2 of them are massively underperforming (Keane & Schneiderlin), 1 is unfit (Rooney) and the other two are Sigurdson and Gueye.

It's utter negligence, from Walsh I presume, to be left with:

Kenny - too young
Martina - shit
Jags - too old
Williams - ok with a good manager, but not good enough
Baines - always injured and well past his best
Holgate - too young
Davies - will be very good but still too young
DCL - too young
Niasse - shit
McCarthy - shit and always injured
Besic - shit
Mirallas - shit
Lookman - raw
Sandro - has been shit every time I've watched him play
Klassen - not PL ready (although hasn't had much of a chance)
Lennon - can't knock his effort, but he has his limitations

Not sure what the score is with Vlasic, I've always thought he looks a good player.

5 of Bournemouth's players today would get into our team. The 2 strikers, the 2 fullbacks and Ake. They were 19th in the table. Rooney and Sigurdson are carrying us, so if they don't both have a worldy we're fucked.

December 31, 2017, 12:04:34 AM
Reply #613

Martip

Depressing like isn't it, seeing that team before the game and knowing we're not gonna win. But then you see Rooney and Bolasie come on and look way off the pace. Niasse as well, who was involved in the goal yes, but we all know he's a poor player.

Whatever you think of the manager, it's the quality of the squad that is the the real reason we're this shit. We've had 3 managers this season and it's the least shit we've been.

Without a fit Rooney today, we needed Schneiderlin to be on his game and start moves off. He was dreadful.

5 of our outfield players are good enough for a top 7 side; 2 of them are massively underperforming (Keane & Schneiderlin), 1 is unfit (Rooney) and the other two are Sigurdson and Gueye.

Kenny - too young
Martina - shit
Jags - too old
Holgate - too young
DCL - too young
Niasse - shit
Besic - shit
Mirallas - shit
Lookman - raw

Not sure what the score is with Vlasic, I've always thought he looks a good player.

5 of Bournemouth's players today would get into our team. The 2 strikers, the 2 fullbacks and Ake. They were 19th in the table. Rooney and Sigurdson are carrying us, so if they don't both have a worldy we're fucked.
True says.

December 31, 2017, 12:15:50 AM
Reply #614

TheTone

Kenny - too young
Martina - shit
Jags - too old
Holgate - too young
DCL - too young
Niasse - shit
Besic - shit
Mirallas - shit
Lookman - raw

Happy New Year