August 16, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123024 times)

January 02, 2018, 03:41:31 AM
Reply #705

charlatan

Oh, and a boyhood Evertonian supposed to be one of the brightest stars of his generation, thats run his contract down to fuck us off for peanuts, despite being offered over £6m a year to sign a contract

January 02, 2018, 03:56:01 AM
Reply #706

ally2

Oh, and a boyhood Evertonian supposed to be one of the brightest stars of his generation, thats run his contract down to fuck us off for peanuts, despite being offered over £6m a year to sign a contract

#Evertonlegend

January 02, 2018, 05:14:45 AM
Reply #707

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 02, 2018, 09:28:00 AM
Reply #708

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I tried to give him a chance before losing the plot, I tried to at least wait until we signed someone, honestly I did.

Yeah me too
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 02, 2018, 12:19:33 PM
Reply #709

Thomas

I wish he had Lee Bullen's passion for his own football club

January 02, 2018, 01:33:07 PM
Reply #710

Bluedylan

I wish he had Lee Bullen's passion for his own football club

Wednesday are in freefall, so that passion really isn't translating into results or performances. Not sure why you've posted this. Passion doesn't win you points.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 02, 2018, 02:32:16 PM
Reply #711

Rodenplav64

Big Sam and a new stadium in in industrial fucking wasteland . Moshiri take a bow son .

January 02, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
Reply #712

penguinofdoom1878

maybe im dull, but im sure making so many changes every game doesnt help, put a side together which is attacking and not containing 7 defenders then give them a run of games to get used to each others movements.

January 02, 2018, 03:29:49 PM
Reply #713

Gary1878

I think first things first, this season is a write off. We will get the points we need to stay up, and probably finish between 8th and 10th.

We will also play mind-numbingly boring football for the next 16 games.

Big Sam is here to keep us up. No more, no less. I honestly cannot see how he can stay beyond the summer. He signed a 18 month deal because he will get a nice little payoff out of it after only 6 months work.

The first half against United was promising. I thought we had decent intent, whilst easily keeping them at bay. I don't know what was said at halftime, but everything went to shit. It was a different team that turned out, and we went into this ridiculously defensive shape, with no out ball rather than aggressively pressing the ball like we were in the first half.

Niasse was having a very poor game to say the least, so why he wasn't withdrawn within 5 minutes of the second half was beyond me. It was like he had sprayed his boots with WD40 rather than polished them with Dubbin. The desperation for a striker is there, but he needed to be replaced pronto, as there was no outball, and the pressure kept building until they scored.

All in all, this is what I expected when I heard that he had signed to be manager of our club. He will keep us up, but that is about it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:33:46 PM by Gary1878 »

January 02, 2018, 03:36:42 PM
Reply #714

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
maybe im dull, but im sure making so many changes every game doesnt help, put a side together which is attacking and not containing 7 defenders then give them a run of games to get used to each others movements.

Every side makes changes at this time of year due to the proximity of the games.

He didnít change much in the earlier games.

We played more attacking players yesterday than vs Bournemouth too.

Thats where a debate could be had in that it seemed a bit illogical.

January 02, 2018, 03:37:18 PM
Reply #715

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I really donít think he will stay beyond the summer. Itís a short term appointment that the board thought they had to make to ensure our survival.

Sam comes in to save teams from relegation. He doesnít tend to turn teams into ones that play good football. Itís not gonna be pretty to watch for the rest of the season, so no doubt it will be a barrel of laughs on the forum!

Not justifying the appointment by the way, itís just the way things are. We should still finish top half comfortably but itís such a shame after the pre season optimism that we are settling for a mediocre season again
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 02, 2018, 03:46:37 PM
Reply #716

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If we have 1 more home game without a shot on target this season, then we really should just fuck him off after that game.

I would prefer to have lost 0-4 yesterday and at least had a go. The football we're playing is soul destroying.

The only glimmer of hope is that we might put more emphasis on a cup run, shitty, defensive, fuckin wank football might lends itself well to FA Cup runs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:49:24 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 02, 2018, 03:56:59 PM
Reply #717

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd love to see a shot on target soon.

January 02, 2018, 04:03:41 PM
Reply #718

Waltzer

If we have 1 more home game without a shot on target this season, then we really should just fuck him off after that game.

I would prefer to have lost 0-4 yesterday and at least had a go. The football we're playing is soul destroying.

The only glimmer of hope is that we might put more emphasis on a cup run, shitty, defensive, fuckin wank football might lends itself well to FA Cup runs.

I agree, his approach so far is just about palatable if you get a result, like we did against Liverpool, its when you lose that you dont have a leg to stand on. I said it all along, even when Koeman was in charge, and our attacking resources are so limited its a disgrace so I find it hard to be too critical of Sam at this point as he he dealing the hand dealt, he is correct too when summarising yesterday that we have to keep it tight as we wont score more than 1 goal. Its a result based business and his objective was merely to keep us up, which he will do.
The main reason for our current predicament is confounded as the people that are culpable are still at the club and we wont progress until they're gone

January 02, 2018, 04:12:54 PM
Reply #719

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I agree, his approach so far is just about palatable if you get a result, like we did against Liverpool, its when you lose that you dont have a leg to stand on. I said it all along, even when Koeman was in charge, and our attacking resources are so limited its a disgrace so I find it hard to be too critical of Sam at this point as he he dealing the hand dealt, he is correct too when summarising yesterday that we have to keep it tight as we wont score more than 1 goal. Its a result based business and his objective was merely to keep us up, which he will do.
The main reason for our current predicament is confounded as the people that are culpable are still at the club and we wont progress until they're gone

Ye I tend to agree that most of the shit we're in has come from behind the scenes. The next 6 months (and next transfer window) should really test Moshiris mettle, because so far Walsh and his staff have been a resounding failure.

I just hope there is no excuses at the end of the season.

It says something when our best football in the past few years was when Martinez was at his worst.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"