February 21, 2018, 01:07:10 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 72046 times)

January 14, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
Reply #900

Mayor Farnum

Allardyce has got his work cut out if he wants the job on a longer basis as our season is over, the players know it and our results for the rest of the season will be all over the place.

We'll be ok at home as the crowd will demand effort but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win again away from home this season.

January 14, 2018, 01:27:22 AM
Reply #901

Shogun

Administrator
Eddie howe would be an unprecedented disaster.

Rather a manager who keeps relegation favourites up playing great togger over what Allardyce has done for 30 years.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2018, 01:32:10 AM
Reply #902

Macca77

Well this is going well isn't it

January 14, 2018, 01:32:23 AM
Reply #903

kramer0

At this point, I'll settle for anyone with decent taste in players, e.g. midfielders who can actually pass, creative players who actually create.

January 14, 2018, 01:36:38 AM
Reply #904

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Fancy giving this bellend a hundred million

And by bellend I mean walsh

Fancy giving the other nobed a hundred million.

And by nobed I mean Allardyce

We are fucking embarrassing

Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2018, 01:39:19 AM
Reply #905

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce has got his work cut out if he wants the job on a longer basis as our season is over, the players know it and our results for the rest of the season will be all over the place.

We'll be ok at home as the crowd will demand effort but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win again away from home this season.

No chance is he here next season, be willing to put my house on it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2018, 01:41:33 AM
Reply #906

everton1952

He did not sign shite players like Gueye who either continually pass backwards or to the opposition. He inherited one rookie and one not terribly good out of position fullback. He inherited no creative midfielders, except the largely physically past it and frustrated Rooney and he inherited no goalscorers. A tall order for anyone. Yes we have a shite squad and he took the job on, but get things into perspective. The Turk looks good, pity about the rest. We should still stay up with a bit of luck and two more signings. Coleman back by March, and maybe Baines?  Guardiola would have a hard job with this lot.  Good job the prices are frozen for next season.

January 14, 2018, 01:43:30 AM
Reply #907

Shogun

Administrator
Unsworth managed plenty of goals out of the same players.

January 14, 2018, 01:45:06 AM
Reply #908

KingOfNapaValley

Well, if we let him go, we will owe him 6M as a going away gift, since his contract is 18 months at 115k/week. I don't see us doing that. And I don't see him walking away on his own and leaving that money on the table. So my bet is he will be here through 2018-19.

January 14, 2018, 01:48:31 AM
Reply #909

KingOfNapaValley

Eddie howe would be an unprecedented disaster.

Curious why you think that? I expect he has more table points per unit of player wages than any manager in the PL the last few years. I reckon if the club gave him solid players, he would do pretty well with them. Manager skills and table position do not tell anything close to the full story. Bournemouth are essentially a glorified MK Dons with lower attendance. The fact they have stayed up this long to me, is a feat for which Howe deserves much credit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:49:54 AM by KingOfNapaValley »

January 14, 2018, 01:55:11 AM
Reply #910

D_murph0278

If he isn't, he will milk everton of millions.
The fact he agreed to an 18  month deal in the 1st place tells you his contract is 'claused' to death.
I like the fact we have money at the club, but I hate the road we are heading down.
There is so many people around the club that just shouldn't be anywhere near it.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

January 14, 2018, 01:55:17 AM
Reply #911

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I bet you your house he is still here.

Hang on. Do you have a mortgage?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 14, 2018, 01:55:19 AM
Reply #912

everton1952

Unsworth managed plenty of goals out of the same players.
How long was his run of wins?

January 14, 2018, 01:56:52 AM
Reply #913

Shogun

Administrator
How long was his run of wins?

7 points from five.

Allardyce has 11 points from 9 which is far better.

January 14, 2018, 01:59:32 AM
Reply #914

Macca77

Hes gone in the summer, thankfully