November 17, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 134754 times)

January 15, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
Reply #1035

TheTone

I'm willing to give him the summer transfer window

If it's still the same shite after that then I will want him gone

What a mess of a season

January 15, 2018, 12:40:19 AM
Reply #1036

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sick of seeing the words 'anti Sam agenda'

Some of you really need to get a grip

January 15, 2018, 12:46:24 AM
Reply #1037

UnsyisaRhino

Sick of seeing the words 'anti Sam agenda'

Some of you really need to get a grip

Think there are people guilty of that kinda shit on both sides of the argument. There doesnt seem to be much room for a more moderate opinion on here at times.

January 15, 2018, 12:46:45 AM
Reply #1038

everton1952

'anti Sam agenda' couldn't help typing that, sorry. Adds a bit of lightness to the discussion. I like Sam but you already know that. Ask me again in May and I might give a different answer. 

January 15, 2018, 12:59:00 AM
Reply #1039

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He tries to pass forward and has a nice weight of pass in the final third.

He can dribble and has a knack for winning fouls.

He helps drive us forward when he’s on the pitch.

He has a snide, competitive edge to his game, which is an attitude we sorely lack.

Oh, and he’s only 19.

Yeah, he has some rough edges, but if we’re giving up on players from our own academy who’ve been on the pitch  with the first team and looked like they’ve belonged then I fucking quit.

Dunno about dribbling, could maybe learn to be press resistant in tight areas but can’t really take a man on, once you’re on the other side you need another gear to pull away or upper body strength and he hasn’t got either.

I do really like him I just always thought Barkley was obviously the bigger talent and there seemed to be an odd disparity between how they were perceived and treated.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 02:05:07 AM
Reply #1040

GrantyBoy78

Dunno about dribbling, could maybe learn to be press resistant in tight areas but can't really take a man on, once you're on the other side you need another gear to pull away or upper body strength and he hasn't got either.

I do really like him I just always thought Barkley was obviously the bigger talent and there seemed to be an odd disparity between how they were perceived and treated.
And I’d disagree about weight of pass. He gives the ball away far too often; and not just when attempting a difficult pass, he just under-hits the ball. You see a lot of young players do it and it’s because the pace of the game is so much quicker, going from U23 to 1st team. A pass that would complete to a teammate gets intercepted in senior football. The strange thing is, he didn’t do it nearly as much last season.

But yeah, agree with the rest.

He is young but the first team at Everton Football Club shouldn’t be a crčche. I love seeing young players come through the ranks but they should only play when they’re ready. Fans can’t moan about us being shite but then defend young players to the hilt, that are, in part, responsible for us being shite.

January 15, 2018, 02:34:49 AM
Reply #1041

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno about dribbling, could maybe learn to be press resistant in tight areas but can’t really take a man on, once you’re on the other side you need another gear to pull away or upper body strength and he hasn’t got either.

Treatment is / was only down to amount of time spent in the team.

Barkley could do nothing wrong when he first started then people get used to the good bits and more fed up with the bad.

Davies gets plenty of stick now for example.

January 15, 2018, 07:37:42 AM
Reply #1042

Ridge

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/952267708120395777

"its the players fault"

Those 3 extend back nearly 6 years, the first of which would have been Moyes in charge. So Allardyce has been here a bit over a month and has more than Martinez or Koeman did.

January 15, 2018, 12:11:29 PM
Reply #1043

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The greatest mind in sports analytics still hasn't been able to buy a left back even as a stop gap halfway throaty a transfer window. Cutting edge is our Big Sam
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 15, 2018, 01:24:19 PM
Reply #1044

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Ooh it's gone a bit bad after a good start hasn't it?

The problem with the style of football he has been playing is that when it's not going well it tends to be damage limitation exercises that don't offer anything.

No shots on target v Spurs sounds like we shut up shop to avoid an embarrassment, yet we still ended up being humiliated with a 4-0 drubbing

While the defence was clearly organised better in the first games of the reign, now it looks shaky again, but now with even less attacking threat.

Really there should be no reason to let him spend big money this window or have past the end of the season in charge. His job was to keep us safe from relegation, which he should still do, but that's more down to there being somehow still worse teams than us in the league

A trophy for our great football club feels even further away than ever. I realised a few months back that Koeman wasn't going to be the man for that, much earlier into Allardyces reign I've realised that about him. I hope we don't have to hound him out the way that we've done with the last 2 managers.

This appointment was made out of a perceived  necessity by the board.  I hope the next is more progressive and also not too far away
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 15, 2018, 02:17:25 PM
Reply #1045

Hawkandro

Whichever Sports Psychologist he brings in with him, will certainly have their work cut out with our bunch of losers.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 15, 2018, 03:22:07 PM
Reply #1046

Thomas

The greatest mind in sports analytics still hasn't been able to buy a left back even as a stop gap halfway throaty a transfer window. Cutting edge is our Big Sam
Good point.

January 15, 2018, 03:32:04 PM
Reply #1047

Thornton_19

Dunno about dribbling, could maybe learn to be press resistant in tight areas but can't really take a man on, once you're on the other side you need another gear to pull away or upper body strength and he hasn't got either.

I feel it's really harsh to be critical of a lad who is so young playing in a struggling team that never controls the midfield.
He has only been in the first team for 11 months, he was playing very well up until the end of last season and Koeman decided to fuck him off at the start of this.

I think he will end up being a very good player for us, we just have to be patient with the lad as he becomes a more mature player.

Worst case scenario is he doesn't reach the levels we wanted him to and we move him on in 3 or 4 years. We have a good reputation of bringing kids through, if we start abandoning them all after a drop of form we will lose that reputation.

Let him play for his boyhood club, enjoy having a young Scouser in there. If it doesn't work out so be it that's football.

January 15, 2018, 03:58:18 PM
Reply #1048

dax78

Anyone who cant see that this situation is solely of Koemans making is simply blind.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

January 15, 2018, 04:03:23 PM
Reply #1049

Lxxx

Anyone who cant see that this situation is solely of Koemans making is simply blind.
Even though he repeatedly asked for a striker and a left back. The two areas of our team that have been crying out for reinforcement since the first game of the season.