August 20, 2018, 10:13:20 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123979 times)

January 18, 2018, 07:36:08 PM
Reply #1155

Ross

Martina’s fault blah blah blah...shots at goal blah blah blah...attacking threat blah blah blah... Allardyce is king blah blah blah haters blah blah blah gets his own players blah blah blah haters blah blah blah shit before blah blah blah...sports science blah blah blah...BOLTON!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 18, 2018, 07:36:46 PM
Reply #1156

Macca77

General concensus is negative and most people are really quick & happy to start blaming him. (I happen to think it's correct that the manager gets blamed regular for shit performances)
However, his supporters seem deranged with urgency to defend him. He's done nothing to warrant that level of loyalty.

My al fella and his mates weren't keen on sacking Martinez & Koeman, even though they accepted they were shit. I suspect this Allardyce thing is an amplified version of that - old timers not wanting Everton to become a club that burns through managers.

Spot on.

January 18, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
Reply #1157

UnsyisaRhino

General concensus is negative and most people are really quick & happy to start blaming him. (I happen to think it's correct that the manager gets blamed regular for shit performances)
However, his supporters seem deranged with urgency to defend him. He's done nothing to warrant that level of loyalty.

My al fella and his mates weren't keen on sacking Martinez & Koeman, even though they accepted they were shit. I suspect this Allardyce thing is an amplified version of that - old timers not wanting Everton to become a club that burns through managers.

I think some of them think that some of the problems aren't going to be fixed in the short term and that those problems are serious enough to have a knock on effect on other things.

They also want to judge him on his performance here rather than anywhere else.

I understand that but neither of those things makes sam immune to criticism

January 18, 2018, 07:40:38 PM
Reply #1158

Lxxx

I think with our new found cash has come an expectation (not unreasonable) that we should be competitive in most games, that a cup run shouldn't be seen as a bonus and that 7th position in this poor league should be more or less a given.

It wouldn't surprise me if this churn of managerial appoointments shows no sign of abating soon. We don't look to have any form of strategy going forwards and hence how can anyyone concerned with the club buy into something that looks so disorganised.

January 18, 2018, 07:41:43 PM
Reply #1159

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
“Haters gonna hate” is a massively embarrassing phrase for a grown man, or a child, to be saying. Even if said ironically.

January 18, 2018, 07:42:28 PM
Reply #1160

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think some of them think that some of the problems aren't going to be fixed in the short term and that those problems are serious enough to have a knock on effect on other things.

They also want to judge him on his performance here rather than anywhere else.

I understand that but neither of those things makes sam immune to criticism

On the surface that is all fine and sensible.
However, they then go on to attack people for judging him on performances.

The short/long term argument is also decent. Except when you realise we were capable of beating 'worse' teams when he came in. We were capable of being solid when playing 'better teams' (Liverpool & Chelsea come to mind).
So it is clear the squad & team are good enough to get results/play football.
But we've just abandoned it all recently.

January 18, 2018, 07:43:28 PM
Reply #1161

ally2

I'd have little issue if he'd been here at least one season and had a preseason and mainly his own team and was turning out pure dross.

I'm seen as an Allardyce 'supporter' because I can't align myself with people who won't even give him a chance, mainly because of their own views of what he has done in the past. I prefer to make a fair judgement, and that can only be done when he's had time, transfers and a pre season. It's totally bizarre to me that such a mindset is part of a tiny minority on here.

January 18, 2018, 07:43:53 PM
Reply #1162

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
“Haters gonna hate” is a massively embarrassing phrase for a grown man, or a child, to be saying. Even if said ironically.

January 18, 2018, 07:46:17 PM
Reply #1163

themilkycoffees

Pretty clear to me that he's not the man to take us forward. He will do a job until the end of the season and then say thanks and goodbye. The team is far from perfect, but there is absolutely no attacking plan at all.

January 18, 2018, 08:21:15 PM
Reply #1164

Lxxx

Willing to give him until the end of the season now he has a striker (which he's moaned about), pace on the flanks (which he's identified) and wheeled and dealed with the squad which he said wasn't good enough.

The floor is now yours.

January 18, 2018, 09:02:40 PM
Reply #1165

therealdunc

Less than 2 months in the job, not his team, heavy Christmas schedule, and because we are not top of the league it’s all Allardyce’s fault  lolol

The kids on here really have no idea about some of the dross we have suffered at Everton over the years from managers given far more time.

Haters gonna hate i suppose
Blue

January 18, 2018, 09:20:45 PM
Reply #1166

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Less than 2 months in the job, not his team, heavy Christmas schedule, and because we are not top of the league it’s all Allardyce’s fault  lolol

The kids on here really have no idea about some of the dross we have suffered at Everton over the years from managers given far more time.

There is not a single person on here who has said we should be top 6 let alone top of the fucking league.

Surely your just a teenage Taylor Swift fan tho?
Simply simply lovely

January 18, 2018, 09:22:34 PM
Reply #1167

therealdunc

Many people in here have cried we haven’t beaten the top 6 recently and said we have a squad good enough for top 6.

Some people who simply hate reality

Who is this Taylor swift you speak off? Can they play left back?
Blue

January 18, 2018, 09:49:46 PM
Reply #1168

Macca77

Over 2 months into the job and no improvement whatsoever.

January 18, 2018, 09:52:12 PM
Reply #1169

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely