December 10, 2018, 06:51:01 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136531 times)

January 05, 2018, 09:28:41 PM
Reply #15

themilkycoffees

Jagielka was a fantastic defender in his prime, one of the best in the league. Arsenal are well known to have come knocking.

It’s a disgrace calling them serial losers. Fine they’ve both deteriorated, but you’re  not only blaming them for the natural passage of time and injury, rather than the club who failure to replace them or phase them out, but you’re letting their current form cloud your judgement of their entire careers which you are insulting by calling them serial losers.

And @Lxxx it is a forum, anyone can have an opinion, including my opinion that insulting Baines and Jags like that is disgraceful for an Everton fan.

I haven't once said it's their fault that they're still in the team. I agreed that Baines was a great player, disagreed on Jags. Still don't know why it's a disgrace? It's my opinion. It's not really current form clouding my judgement either. Baines hasn't been the same since the 2014 WC and Jagielka's best run of form for us was probably way back before the FA Cup final in 2009.

January 18, 2018, 07:46:17 PM
Reply #16

themilkycoffees

Pretty clear to me that he's not the man to take us forward. He will do a job until the end of the season and then say thanks and goodbye. The team is far from perfect, but there is absolutely no attacking plan at all.

March 01, 2018, 06:30:03 PM
Reply #17

themilkycoffees

Are people seriously writing Tosun off already? Seriously?

Allardyce is becoming more of a problem by the week for me. He's determined to paint a picture of lacklustre players, who have no quality or desire to win, so that he can say look at how well I've done with this lot when he's inevitably sent on his way in May.

I believe a top manager can inspire good players and make them great players. A better manager would be getting more out of this group of players.

Saying that, we again need a 'big summer' of ins and out. The only players I think we should keep are Pickford, Coleman, Kenny, Holgate, Keane, Gana, Davies, Walcott, Vlasic, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Lookman, Tosun, Niasse.

March 01, 2018, 08:51:09 PM
Reply #18

themilkycoffees

Surprised not to see Coco on there if you have Niasse .

Name a player who's going to get you more goals/make more of an impact than him from the bench for £13m or less?