February 18, 2018, 11:41:33 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 68677 times)

January 19, 2018, 03:29:43 PM
Reply #1230

Macca77

I'll be honest, that Southampton defeat genuinely had me doing the math. I thought we were in trouble.

When Unsworth beat West Ham and his team beat Huddersfield however i thought we'd be fine.
But for 3 days there i genuinely thought we were in a relegation fight.

We lose tomorrow without a shot on target and i'll be getting that calculator out again though.

Ooooh careful now, you'll upset you know who

January 19, 2018, 03:43:00 PM
Reply #1231

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Right back in trouble if we don't win tomorrow.

January 19, 2018, 03:54:08 PM
Reply #1232

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Weíre only three points above the team in 14th place, 7 points away from relegation zone, hardly secure yet are we .

January 19, 2018, 04:23:48 PM
Reply #1233

Lxxx

It's a such a shite league that a few wins on the bounce by anyone in the bottom half gives them breathing space.

January 19, 2018, 04:27:53 PM
Reply #1234

Ross

We need less than a point a game to get us to the magical 40 point safety barrier and weíve just spent £46m on two forwards heís clearly identified. Letís not humour him with talk of relegation it only serves his purpose that he came riding to our rescue and who really needs rescuing with 22 games to play, 66 points up for grabs, while only requiring 25 to stay in the land of milk and honey?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 19, 2018, 04:29:44 PM
Reply #1235

eugene

Absolutely correct Mick, this is my worry as well, this is a must win game for us.
Time to get tight in my opinion, two new strikers up front sig in the 10 role and Tight behind, leave Rooney on the bench till we have the game by the scruff then see how we go

January 19, 2018, 04:49:47 PM
Reply #1236

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We need less than a point a game to get us to the magical 40 point safety barrier and weíve just spent £46m on two forwards heís clearly identified. Letís not humour him with talk of relegation it only serves his purpose that he came riding to our rescue and who really needs rescuing with 22 games to play, 66 points up for grabs, while only requiring 25 to stay in the land of milk and honey?

While I agree with this, there is a chance that if we donít beat West Brom that the atmosphere is going to be awful for the foreseeable future.

If itís like that and panic / disillusionment set in then easy wins / points become less so.

Thatíd be down to him of course, but from the collective point of view winning the next two games makes focusing on 7th / moaning about style the only position to worry about.

January 19, 2018, 04:59:15 PM
Reply #1237

ally2

If it's like that and panic / disillusionment set in

I'll be gentle and say that our fan base is ever so slightly prone to this

January 19, 2018, 05:01:38 PM
Reply #1238

Django

Somewhat worrying to hear that he let the squad have the day off yesterday for the SECOND time this week.

Not exactly what you wanna hear after a complete 4-0 dry bumming last time out

January 19, 2018, 05:03:47 PM
Reply #1239

Ross

While I agree with this, there is a chance that if we donít beat West Brom that the atmosphere is going to be awful for the foreseeable future.

If itís like that and panic / disillusionment set in then easy wins / points become less so.

Thatíd be down to him of course, but from the collective point of view winning the next two games makes focusing on 7th / moaning about style the only position to worry about.

West Brom have won 1 away game all season scoring 6 goals on their travels, our home form is the 7th best in the league. Weíve got two new players making their home debuts and we clearly need to make amends for our latest away showing. Our home win shouldn't be in question and talk of relegation battles should be given the contempt it deserves.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 19, 2018, 05:06:15 PM
Reply #1240

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Somewhat worrying to hear that he let the squad have the day off yesterday for the SECOND time this week.

Maybe this is why heís popular with the players ;)

January 19, 2018, 05:08:17 PM
Reply #1241

Ramjam

Maybe this is why he's popular with the players ;)

He ent popular with anyone
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 19, 2018, 05:08:43 PM
Reply #1242

Lxxx

Doesn't strike me as a manager who is serious about planning for the future. What a mess we've become.

January 19, 2018, 05:09:25 PM
Reply #1243

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
West Brom have won 1 away game all season scoring 6 goals on their travels, our home form is the 7th best in the league. Weíve got two new players making their home debuts and we clearly need to make amends for our latest away showing. Our home win shouldn't be in question and talk of relegation battles should be given the contempt it deserves.

Yeah I agree.

But you canít guarantee anything. I just hope for all our sakes that we win.

We know that weíre not above awful performances.

We know that players play worse in awful atmospheres.

If itís 0-0 after an hour with a popular manager then the crowd is waiting for us to get the winner.

If the manager is unpopular then the crowd is waiting for us to mess it up etc.

January 19, 2018, 05:09:51 PM
Reply #1244

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Why are they his signings if all the shite we got before weren't Koemans fault but the DoF ?

I donít know whose signings they are. However, theyíre happening under his watch so he gets credit as thatís how that works...and why heíll shoulder a lot of blame if they donít work. Itís why Koeman is gone and Walsh still hanging on.