November 20, 2018, 05:54:25 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 135186 times)

January 14, 2018, 08:31:02 PM
Reply #15

ally2

All the top managers will turn on their team occasionally if they feel it necessary.  Ferguson did it quite a lot.  Even slagged his Aberdeen team after they won the UEFA cup or whatever it was back then.  It becomes a problem if you have to do it repeatedly.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:40:43 PM by ally2 »

January 18, 2018, 07:29:18 PM
Reply #16

ally2

Still puzzles me the way certain people on here react if anyone dare have a bad word to say about Allardyce, claiming we have an appropriate lack of respect  or haters got to hate, its like a standard boring response now, we win a game then the manager is a genius, we lose then it's not his fault, it's not his team etc..

Turn it in for fuck sake.

It works exactly the same the other way around. In fact the majority of people on here see it that way rightly or wrongly.

January 18, 2018, 07:43:28 PM
Reply #17

ally2

I'd have little issue if he'd been here at least one season and had a preseason and mainly his own team and was turning out pure dross.

I'm seen as an Allardyce 'supporter' because I can't align myself with people who won't even give him a chance, mainly because of their own views of what he has done in the past. I prefer to make a fair judgement, and that can only be done when he's had time, transfers and a pre season. It's totally bizarre to me that such a mindset is part of a tiny minority on here.

January 19, 2018, 02:54:49 AM
Reply #18

ally2

Bogie (is that your name?!) is making a valid point re a high back line. A lot of our woes stem from our inability to play it, including getting the most out of Klaasen. The threat of Walcott might make the opposition sit deeper though, which might allow us to play more progressive football. Will be interesting to find out. Crocked full backs and some old men centre backs is going to hurt any team.

January 19, 2018, 04:59:15 PM
Reply #19

ally2

If it's like that and panic / disillusionment set in

I'll be gentle and say that our fan base is ever so slightly prone to this

January 20, 2018, 01:27:52 AM
Reply #20

ally2

If we don't register a shot soon they should both be gone . And that would have to be the biggest misnomer possible for Allardyce , Director of FOOTBALL .

Perhaps we should hire a Director of Shots on Target.

Oh look I can do it too.  It's fun doing this Allardyce-bashing thing isn't it?

January 20, 2018, 01:38:06 AM
Reply #21

ally2

Got to be ready honest Ally for a poster who seemingly hates bland unimaginative English players this backing of a bland unimaginative English manager has taken me by surprise a bit.

6 weeks mate

January 20, 2018, 01:54:11 AM
Reply #22

ally2

Surely you've not just started watching Allardyce teams 6 weeks ago Ally.

Also let's not forget that Niasse post before he'd been given 6 starts for us not so long back, amongst other stuff.

You've got me on Niasse. That was pure blind hatred. I'm probably down to 90% of that level now though so give me a break.

January 20, 2018, 11:23:23 PM
Reply #23

ally2

Still don't think that Koeman was a bad appointment.

Doing what was expected in a whole season isn't disastrous.

Still stand by that shouldn't have sacked him without better replacement lined up.

The collective panic at the season's poor start obviously influenced Moshiri's / the board's thinking.

Decision makers need to be more consider than fans who are inherently more knee jerky and assume the grass is bound to be greener.

Yes I agree. Fans are a nightmare.