September 19, 2018, 01:21:10 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 126460 times)

March 02, 2018, 10:16:03 PM
Reply #45

Ross

Iíll take that as a you havenít got a fuckin clue to my questions, b.t.w. I do care about our finances, just donít give a shit who the money comes from as long as itís legit.

So bullshit then ?

I realise youíre both of a certain generation and maybe Iíve gave you to much credit to think you could use google or another search engine to find articles regarding his salary so Iíll save you the time and give you a hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5133435/Sam-Allardyce-officially-signs-Everton-contract.html

This is just one amongst many stating his salary from when he signed. Iíve linked the Mail because King is one of a handful of journalists with very close connections to the club and whatís commonly know as an ITK*.

*. I trust you know what the acronym means?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 02, 2018, 10:41:39 PM
Reply #46

Ross

You and your fuckin itkís , yep, had you down for a Daily Mail reader but donít see in that article where it says what his salary at Palace was, perhaps you could google that for me too.

Actually I choose the Mail thinking itís more of your sort of publication as its seen as the choice of many a mature cantankerous fellow.

Hereís something more highbrow stating Allardyce salary while at Palace

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sam-allardyce-leave-crystal-palace-next-manager-clause-break-odds-a7752131.html

However seeing as common practice is to offer a years salary by way of compensation when hiring a manager in current employment Iíd image the £2m we had to pay Palace is more in line with the correct figure and the Independent may have included his inevitable ďstaying upĒ bonus in their final figure.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-will-pocket-2m-if-sam-allardyce-becomes-everton-manager-a3673721.html

So like I initially said his contract is very much in his favour and he ran rings round a desperate Moshiri.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 03, 2018, 12:36:40 AM
Reply #47

Ross

More than Poch, Simeone, Emery and Allegri, isnt he in the top 10 best paid managers in the world?

You couldnt make it up!!

Donít forget his bonus!

March 03, 2018, 05:09:00 AM
Reply #48

Ross

I did say when Koeman left?

Surely you can see the difference between being appointed manager of a team in 18th just 5 points and one place off the bottom club and being appointed manager of club sat 13th only 2 points off 9th?

March 03, 2018, 05:23:40 AM
Reply #49

Ross

Yes I can. That's why I said when Koeman left. I never mentioned Sam - you did.
If you're looking at the prize money since Sam arrived it's  £11m. Still not bad business?

Not when you take into account the money it cost to sack Koeman and his entourage and employ Allardyce and his plus compensation packages involved.

And letís not pretend weíre not talking about Allardyce in the Allardyce thread thatís just a bit silly.

March 03, 2018, 06:04:08 AM
Reply #50

Ross

Didnít we have to pay palace?

Yeah the standard one years salary it seems.

Disgraceful management but not shocking for us recently.

March 03, 2018, 08:26:40 PM
Reply #51

Ross

What an utter disaster this appointment has been.

Has anyone besides Moshiri ever read his autobiography?

March 11, 2018, 02:04:21 AM
Reply #52

Ross

I agree Allardyce deserves time.

Because his crimes against football has been fucking awful at times.