May 24, 2018, 02:01:53 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 110519 times)

January 20, 2018, 11:06:24 PM
Reply #1350

Shogun

Administrator
Give it to Rooney

Joking!
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2018, 11:09:51 PM
Reply #1351

Ridge

We've gone ugly early and the honeymoon period has already worn off. I don't think we can afford to wait too long.

When we sacked Koeman we couldn't address any of the problems because we were past a transfer window. We've spent £40m and addressed none of the problems, but we are not out of January, yet.

January 20, 2018, 11:10:27 PM
Reply #1352

Dr. Sponge

Don't half miss Gareth Barry in there. What a stupid summer transfer window that was. If Schneiderlin was injured or out of form, Barry would come in. If Baines was inevitably injured, a newly signed left back would step in. We could all see that, how couldn't they?

Regarding Allardyce, I'm ignoring the games against Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Spurs for obvious reasons. Bournemouth and West Brom x 2 have all been terrible, in results and performances. If he wasn't our 3rd manager of the season already, I'd give him 1 or 2 more games without improvement before I started calling for his head.

January 20, 2018, 11:10:59 PM
Reply #1353

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Our problems start with Moshiri and the board.

We're not the dumbest club in the league because we picked a couple of bad managers.

Still donít think that Koeman was a bad appointment.

Doing what was expected in a whole season isnít disastrous.

Still stand by that shouldnít have sacked him without better replacement lined up.

The collective panic at the seasonís poor start obviously influenced Moshiriís / the boardís thinking.

Decision makers need to be more consider than fans who are inherently more knee jerky and assume the grass is bound to be greener.

January 20, 2018, 11:12:38 PM
Reply #1354

Evertonian in NC

Give it to Rooney

Joking!

Give it to Bainesy, let him coach in his windbreaker and Dad jeans.

"I'm not angry, fellas, I'm just...disappointed."
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 20, 2018, 11:12:56 PM
Reply #1355

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Don't half miss Gareth Barry in there. What a stupid summer transfer window that was. If Schneiderlin was injured or out of form, Barry would come in. If Baines was inevitably injured, a newly signed left back would step in. We could all see that, how couldn't they?

Regarding Allardyce, I'm ignoring the games against Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Spurs for obvious reasons. Bournemouth and West Brom x 2 have all been terrible, in results and performances. If he wasn't our 3rd manager of the season already, I'd give him 1 or 2 more games without improvement before I started calling for his head.

We dont miss Gareth Barry.  He wouldnt fix anything.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 20, 2018, 11:16:15 PM
Reply #1356

Bluedylan

Quick shower to wash the grubbiness of that performance off me, and then probly watch City to remember how football can be.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 20, 2018, 11:16:52 PM
Reply #1357

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He wasnít as bad as the majority had him down for before he left but equally heíd hardly be turning everything on his head now.

January 20, 2018, 11:18:20 PM
Reply #1358

Dr. Sponge

He can pass forwards.

January 20, 2018, 11:23:23 PM
Reply #1359

ally2

Still don't think that Koeman was a bad appointment.

Doing what was expected in a whole season isn't disastrous.

Still stand by that shouldn't have sacked him without better replacement lined up.

The collective panic at the season's poor start obviously influenced Moshiri's / the board's thinking.

Decision makers need to be more consider than fans who are inherently more knee jerky and assume the grass is bound to be greener.

Yes I agree. Fans are a nightmare.

January 20, 2018, 11:27:23 PM
Reply #1360

Bluedylan

I agree we shouldn't have sacked Koeman without a replacement, but I do think we should've sacked Koeman.

So it's the replacement part that's the issue, and the total lack of awareness or anticipation by the board.

Even the people defending Allardyce now are sounding hollow and like their heart's not in it. Even they know this is garbage and if anything, seems to be getting worse.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 20, 2018, 11:28:08 PM
Reply #1361

Lxxx

We've conceded 105 shots, 38 on target, in last 6 games. We only had 3 shots on target against West Brom and 2 in the other 5 games. We are 18th in the league for shots on target with average of 2.91 per game, and 18th in the league for shots on target against, with 5.13 per game.

Allardyce was in bottom 5 for most shots faced at both seasons at West Ham, and was 20th for shots on target faced when at Sunderland. Allardyce has never had a positive record at any of his clubs, has always lost more games than he's won.

Love those stats.

January 20, 2018, 11:28:56 PM
Reply #1362

Macca77

I agree we shouldn't have sacked Koeman without a replacement, but I do think we should've sacked Koeman.

So it's the replacement part that's the issue, and the total lack of awareness or anticipation by the board.

Even the people defending Allardyce now are sounding hollow and like their heart's not in it. Even they know this is garbage and if anything, seems to be getting worse.

The Allardyce brigade will be here shortly, they will blame everyone else but him as per

January 20, 2018, 11:29:30 PM
Reply #1363

Lxxx

He was the only midfielder we had who looked to pass the ball forwards. Quickly. You'd think it wouldn't be that much of an art at this level but clearly it is.

January 20, 2018, 11:29:38 PM
Reply #1364

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Our problems start with Moshiri and the board.

Edit: Too grumpy.

Totally agree. Reading Soccernomics at the minute and keep grimacing as they outline errors and missteps by clubs with money and I recognise us making them.

Also interesting bits on Liverpool’s houllier and benitez transfer strategies then when you compare them to Rogers and klopps. The yanks have done really well with their transfers. Have signed about 3 players over 26 in something like 6 years apparently. Reaping the rewards of joined up thinking and not ‘proper football men’ making the decisions.

Can’t shake the feeling that we’re watching the beginning of the end and we don’t realise it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.