February 23, 2018, 12:59:08 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 72939 times)

January 20, 2018, 11:30:36 PM
Reply #1365

Lxxx

The Allardyce brigade will be here shortly, they will blame everyone else but him as per
I think I've sussed out what all Allardyce's hangers on do on their 'sports science' laptops.

January 20, 2018, 11:30:47 PM
Reply #1366

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Might fuck Everton off until he’s gone.

My birds just called me ‘a disgrace’ for saying this in the house.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2018, 11:31:18 PM
Reply #1367

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think I've sussed out what all Allardyce's hangers on do on their 'sports science' laptops.

I see he’s fucked off the earpiece.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 20, 2018, 11:31:50 PM
Reply #1368

Evertonian in NC

Totally agree. Reading Soccernomics at the minute and keep grimacing as they outline errors and missteps by clubs with money and I recognise us making them.

Also interesting bits on Liverpool’s houllier and benitez transfer strategies then when you compare them to Rogers and klopps. The yanks have done really well with their transfers. Have signed about 3 players over 26 in something like 6 years apparently. Reaping the rewards of joined up thinking and not ‘proper football men’ making the decisions.

Can’t shake the feeling that we’re watching the beginning of the end and we don’t realise it.

This summer is absolutely critical, just to stop the path to relegation.  We cannot allow Walsh/Allardyce until October.  Therein the path to ruin lies.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 20, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
Reply #1369

Bluedylan

Can’t shake the feeling that we’re watching the beginning of the end and we don’t realise it.

A tad melodramatic, if you don't mind me saying.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 20, 2018, 11:34:00 PM
Reply #1370

Macca77

January 20, 2018, 11:34:09 PM
Reply #1371

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Oh I’ve got that in me definitely.

Just think when you look at us since basically Moyes left, the business ha been poor, the results have been chequered leaning towards poor.

In the next couple of years we need to replace :

Jags
Williams
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Rooney
Sigurdsson
Bolassie
Theo

If we keep buying and hiring poorly, I don’t see where the upswing will be.

January 20, 2018, 11:35:11 PM
Reply #1372

Evertonian in NC

My birds just called me ‘a disgrace’ for saying this in the house.

I've said it all along, friend, had all sort of names called for it - but this isn't Everton.  We are fighting to get Everton back, before it's too late.  Who knows if we would shrug off a trip to the Championship, and return (weakened) like Barcodes, or get stuck like Villa or Fulham?

Good Canadian buddy of mine is a Fulham fan, and he's been calling danger signs since like the 4th week of the season.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 20, 2018, 11:36:00 PM
Reply #1373

School of Science

The Allardyce brigade will be here shortly, they will blame everyone else but him as per

We have been shite for the last 4 managers ( including Unsworth ), It has to be recruitment maybe the players are just not good enough. We have the worst defence in the league, at actual defending and distribution from the back, nothing seems to be started off from the back. Thought we needed someone like Allardyce to get us out of the free fall earlier in the season, now I've had enough, want him gone and the season to fucking end now.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 20, 2018, 11:37:52 PM
Reply #1374

Evertonian in NC

Don't you think Villa and Fulham fans said the same at one point?  We are not in a "protected class" of clubs, it could happen to us.  At some point, Moshiri decides to stop throwing good money after bad (I'm fully aware he is part of the problem) and we are in a world of shit.  Mismanaged and broke as fuck.

January 20, 2018, 11:39:40 PM
Reply #1375

Evertonian in NC

We have been shite for the last 4 managers ( including Unsworth ), It has to be recruitment maybe the players are just not good enough. We have the worst defence in the league, at actual defending and distribution from the back, nothing seems to be started off from the back. Thought we needed someone like Allardyce to get us out of the free fall earlier in the season, now I've had enough, want him gone and the season to fucking end now.

The one thing Allardyce does right is play Holgate at CB, but likely out of necessity more than anything else.  I cheated a little and listened to the Spurs match some on SiriusXM, and they said he was easily our best defender.

January 20, 2018, 11:40:04 PM
Reply #1376

Ridge

I really don't get people who say not been good in transfer market since Moyes. Martinez had a much better transfer record, less money to spend, more profit and better players.

January 20, 2018, 11:43:37 PM
Reply #1377

Bluedylan

Don't you think Villa and Fulham fans said the same at one point?  We are not in a "protected class" of clubs, it could happen to us.  At some point, Moshiri decides to stop throwing good money after bad (I'm fully aware he is part of the problem) and we are in a world of shit.  Mismanaged and broke as fuck.

We're in a totally different situation than those clubs. We aren't getting relegated or even close to it.

Our pergatory involves finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th, playing horrendous football, buying players and then blaming all the players we buy for being shit, rather than the people overseeing it.

It's grim but retain some perspective. We're not in terminal decline, we have lots of potential, we just need to make much better decisions all around the club.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 20, 2018, 11:44:03 PM
Reply #1378

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really don't get people who say not been good in transfer market since Moyes. Martinez had a much better transfer record, less money to spend, more profit and better players.

I’d want to see them all written down but tbh almost all signs of his reign have been written out the side now so doesn’t really matter.

January 20, 2018, 11:44:23 PM
Reply #1379

fubarruk

He'll never lose the Bolton, Sunderland, West Ham and Crystal Palace mentality, as long as he's in charge it'll be mediocrity at best, he needs to be gone now.