November 18, 2018, 11:31:20 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 134907 times)

January 20, 2018, 11:46:01 PM
Reply #1380

Ridge

I’d want to see them all written down but tbh almost all signs of his reign have been written out the side now so doesn’t really matter.

Here you go, I just find its a commonly held misconception. By every single measure, Martinez had a much better record than Moyes, and Moyes had a very good record.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/alletransfers/verein/29

January 20, 2018, 11:46:50 PM
Reply #1381

Shogun

Administrator
Leicester at home next week.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2018, 11:48:00 PM
Reply #1382

Evertonian in NC

We're in a totally different situation than those clubs. We aren't getting relegated or even close to it.

Our pergatory involves finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th, playing horrendous football, buying players and then blaming all the players we buy for being shit, rather than the people overseeing it.

It's grim but retain some perspective. We're not in terminal decline, we have lots of potential, we just need to make much better decisions all around the club.

I hope you're right.  One outlier season is all it takes.  Outliers happen.  Who knows how we'd take going down.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 20, 2018, 11:48:19 PM
Reply #1383

Lxxx

I really don't get people who say not been good in transfer market since Moyes. Martinez had a much better transfer record, less money to spend, more profit and better players.

He didn't. He just didn't waste as much as we didn't have it to waste but the success rate was still poor.

January 20, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
Reply #1384

Evertonian in NC

Here you go, I just find its a commonly held misconception. By every single measure, Martinez had a much better record than Moyes, and Moyes had a very good record.

Martinez was actually a very good manager in any ways, he just had a fatal flaw he couldn't (or wouldn't) address, and then he lost the dressing room.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 20, 2018, 11:49:20 PM
Reply #1385

Lxxx

January 20, 2018, 11:49:48 PM
Reply #1386

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A tad melodramatic, if you don't mind me saying.

I agree with him.

If the footballing decisions don't improve then there's only one way we are heading.

We've already got an ageing squad on massive wages. That's step one of the football collapse handbook.

Then throw in Sam allardyce, Steve Walsh, and an owner who thinks throwing money at everything is the way forward and you have a recipe for capitulation.

As I've said many times, the rest button needs to be pressed in the summer.

January 20, 2018, 11:49:53 PM
Reply #1387

Macca77

Blaming the players for their performance and taking credit for the sub, Sam that

January 20, 2018, 11:56:55 PM
Reply #1388

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Blaming the players for their performance and taking credit for the sub, Sam that

Let's not forget he's trying to sell Niasse.

January 20, 2018, 11:58:14 PM
Reply #1389

Lxxx

If he has no idea why the players are playing as bad as they are, as per his post match interview, then why do we pay him £6m/year? Before the Sam apologists get on my case I'd say that about any manager who expresses those thoughts publically.

January 21, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
Reply #1390

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with him.

If the footballing decisions don't improve then there's only one way we are heading.

We've already got an ageing squad on massive wages. That's step one of the football collapse handbook.

Then throw in Sam allardyce, Steve Walsh, and an owner who thinks throwing money at everything is the way forward and you have a recipe for capitulation.

Difference between poor decisions and some existential crisis though.

January 21, 2018, 12:01:11 AM
Reply #1391

Lxxx

I agree with him.

So many similarities to the basket case that is QPR and Tony Fernandes. Tonnes of new money being thrown around on fees and wages for average players and a managerial churn but no visible strategy around it. As well as a successful, rich owner who seems to like the limelight but has no idea about football.

January 21, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
Reply #1392

TheTone

Martinez was actually a very good manager in any ways, he just had a fatal flaw he couldn't (or wouldn't) address, and then he lost the dressing room.

Fairly easy for managers to lose an Everton dressing room these days

January 21, 2018, 12:02:21 AM
Reply #1393

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Do you mean he spent less money because he was here for a quarter of the time?

January 21, 2018, 12:02:39 AM
Reply #1394

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Difference between poor decisions and some existential crisis though.

I think we're on our way to that crisis though.

There's divisions all across the board.