December 11, 2018, 02:58:52 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136732 times)

January 21, 2018, 04:41:01 PM
Reply #1485

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if they will try to poach Allardyce to save them from relegation lolol

January 21, 2018, 04:44:57 PM
Reply #1486

KoemansNumberTens

I really liked it on here when Allardyce came in and got a few results and people were saying he was the answer and that he was going to save us and giving him all the credit

Now it's gone to shit he's not had enough time to change things and he deserves absolutely none of the blame

Wish people would make up their minds.  It was only six weeks ago and he'd worked his miracles, now it's unfair to expect him to work miracles. 

Surely that position makes sense. We are shite. Good results are miracles but you can't expect miracles. Now you can argue if we are shite or not but that position on the manager from people who believe we are makes absolutely perfect sense

January 21, 2018, 04:45:21 PM
Reply #1487

gizzblue

Anybody still want Silva ....id take him and fuck Sam off .....cost less than buying out his contract would have.
Born not made a blue .

January 21, 2018, 04:46:03 PM
Reply #1488

KoemansNumberTens

Haha didn't Watford turn down something like 10m from us for silva. Be costing them millions to sack him now instead

January 21, 2018, 04:46:42 PM
Reply #1489

eugene

Silva has been sacked today! With the Watford board directly blaming Everton for unsettling him.

https://www.watfordfc.com/club/club-statement-marco-silva

This has been a difficult decision and one not taken lightly. The Club is convinced the appointment of Silva was the right one and had it not been for the unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival for his services we would have continued to prosper under his leadership.

The catalyst for this decision is that unwarranted approach, something which the Board believes has seen a significant deterioration in both focus and results to the point where the long-term future of Watford FC has been jeopardised.
Wow do you think they will try and sue us if the go down for loss of earnings

January 21, 2018, 04:47:28 PM
Reply #1490

KoemansNumberTens

Anybody still want Silva ....id take him and fuck Sam off .....cost less than buying out his contract would have.

Why? What's he done to suggest he's a good manager. Everyone is so unhappy with allardyce and yet in the same time we've made up about 10 points on Watford.

January 21, 2018, 04:47:42 PM
Reply #1491

KoemansNumberTens

Wow do you think they will try and sue us if the go down for loss of earnings

No

January 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM
Reply #1492

Simon Paul

Administrator
Surely that position makes sense. We are shite. Good results are miracles but you can't expect miracles. Now you can argue if we are shite or not but that position on the manager from people who believe we are makes absolutely perfect sense

he was being credited with turning us around

now we've turned back again but it's not his fault we've turned back, he only gets credit, not criticism from the Sooper Bloos

January 21, 2018, 04:50:36 PM
Reply #1493

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if they will try to poach Allardyce to save them from relegation lolol

Fingers crossed they do.
My momma says I'm special.

January 21, 2018, 04:55:50 PM
Reply #1494

Rodenplav64

I really liked it on here when Allardyce came in and got a few results and people were saying he was the answer and that he was going to save us and giving him all the credit

Now it's gone to shit he's not had enough time to change things and he deserves absolutely none of the blame

Wish people would make up their minds.  It was only six weeks ago and he'd worked his miracles, now it's unfair to expect him to work miracles. 

Sorry mate there were people who couldn't give a shit if he got a few results as we weren't going down anyway . He was never going to offer anything going forward because you can't teach an old dog new tricks and we had all seen his tricks and not really been that impressed . He was an appalling panic appointment by a Chairman in Moshiri who is utterly bereft of Football knowledge . People have laid into Davies , Holgate , Kenny , DCL and with reason at times but to a man they have shown the most bottle and commitment to the team . Even Baningime is more worthy of a place on the bench than Schneiderlin who should have been advertised as for sale from 1st Jan . Unsworth took a fair degree of shit and fairly so but he inherited a mess and quickly worked his way through who was up for the fight . For me he did the hard work for Allardyce and that's why Sams had such a short honeymoon . No way on this fucking earth would we have gone down and this needless and costly appointment of Allardyce needs ending after the WHU game if not before . The dread of starting the next season with him in charge is just unbearable . Imagine the season ticket slump alone . Still some idiots on here who want Moshiri in complete control but like LXXX pointed out he is Tony Fernandes without the cap or Venki without the chickens .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:56:58 PM by Rodenplav64 »

January 21, 2018, 04:57:27 PM
Reply #1495

KoemansNumberTens

he was being credited with turning us around

now we've turned back again but it's not his fault we've turned back, he only gets credit, not criticism from the Sooper Bloos

Back to par...... it's par. Not good not bad. We were shit. We are shit.
I do think we are better than we were. Though that is a very low standard

January 21, 2018, 05:04:25 PM
Reply #1496

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't think he was a very good manager anyway, but that's pretty stupid, they're only 2 points behind us.

They sack managers really frequently.

That’s why I thought they’d take the £10m or whatever we offered regardless of the fact that they were doing well.

January 21, 2018, 05:07:18 PM
Reply #1497

Simon Paul

Administrator
Back to par...... it's par. Not good not bad. We were shit. We are shit.
I do think we are better than we were. Though that is a very low standard

so yesterday is all we should expect after allowing managers to spend £200m in the last 8 months?

the players have shown on their day that they are worth their fees and reputations.  but as someone said to me yesterday "They're all individuals though".  Yes, they are.  And a good manager will gel those individuals into a team, and once our "individuals" gel, we will get some great results.

if we sign a left back as well.

yesterday was no better than the worst days under Moyes, Martinez, and even Koeman.  We were boring.  We were static.  We were weak.  And yet we have seasoned internationals and hot young prospects all over our team.

January 21, 2018, 05:07:45 PM
Reply #1498

gizzblue

Why? What's he done to suggest he's a good manager. Everyone is so unhappy with allardyce and yet in the same time we've made up about 10 points on Watford.
Set his team out to Attack ...that's pretty much what were missing no?.
Let's face it Sam was a(very poor) stop gap at best ...even under Silva we would get the twelve points we need for safety just by attacking with gusto ....and stop the shithouse backs to the wall set up.
Born not made a blue .

January 21, 2018, 05:08:00 PM
Reply #1499

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Our biggest problem is that our game plan consists of:

A) Pickford launches it to the lone striker.  [Go to #1]
B) Rolls it out to one of the CB [Go to #2]
C) Rolls it out to a FB [Go to #3]

#1: Lone Striker fails to win the ball, or has insufficient support to maintain possesion.  Revert to defending.
#2: Ball is hoofed forward [Go to 1], played to a full back[Go to 3] or played into midfield[Go to 5]
#3: If FB is Kenny [Go to 4], if FB is Martina play is stopped and ball is played back to CB [Go to 2] or into CM [Go to 5]
#4: Ball is lofted Neville-esque chip down the line losing possession.
#5: If first time on this point then [Go to 2].  If second [Go to 3].  If third[Go to 6]
#6: Ball held too long and possession is lost.

And this is repeated 20 times a game, when what we need is an option #7.

#7: Midfielder turns with ball and carries it 40 yards forward.

Until we get either a LB who can carry the balk and take players on on the outside (Using, you know, their left foot) or a midfielder who can do this then we're fucked.  Once we do get one or both of these players in then the whole team dynamic should change.
My momma says I'm special.