October 20, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 131214 times)

January 21, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Reply #1500

gizzblue

Our biggest problem is that our game plan consists of:

A) Pickford launches it to the lone striker.  [Go to #1]
B) Rolls it out to one of the CB [Go to #2]
C) Rolls it out to a FB [Go to #3]

#1: Lone Striker fails to win the ball, or has insufficient support to maintain possesion.  Revert to defending.
#2: Ball is hoofed forward [Go to 1], played to a full back[Go to 3] or played into midfield[Go to 5]
#3: If FB is Kenny [Go to 4], if FB is Martina play is stopped and ball is played back to CB [Go to 2] or into CM [Go to 5]
#4: Ball is lofted Neville-esque chip down the line losing possession.
#5: If first time on this point then [Go to 2].  If second [Go to 3].  If third[Go to 6]
#6: Ball held too long and possession is lost.

And this is repeated 20 times a game, when what we need is an option #7.

#7: Midfielder turns with ball and carries it 40 yards forward.

Until we get either a LB who can carry the balk and take players on on the outside (Using, you know, their left foot) or a midfielder who can do this then we're fucked.  Once we do get one or both of these players in then the whole team dynamic should change.
That's the entire two decades of Sam's sport science right there 😅😅😅

January 21, 2018, 05:09:41 PM
Reply #1501

Lxxx

Watford don’t even pretend to plan for the future. Hence the short contracts managers are appointed on.

I get the feeling the owners are in it solely for the cash and are milking it season by season for as long as they last in this division. Which is commendable as at least they’re somewhat transparent, ours are starting to resemble theirs but it’s costing us a hell of a lot more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:11:16 PM by Lxxx »

January 21, 2018, 05:17:19 PM
Reply #1502

KoemansNumberTens

so yesterday is all we should expect after allowing managers to spend £200m in the last 8 months?

the players have shown on their day that they are worth their fees and reputations.  but as someone said to me yesterday "They're all individuals though".  Yes, they are.  And a good manager will gel those individuals into a team, and once our "individuals" gel, we will get some great results.

if we sign a left back as well.

yesterday was no better than the worst days under Moyes, Martinez, and even Koeman.  We were boring.  We were static.  We were weak.  And yet we have seasoned internationals and hot young prospects all over our team.

Of course it's not what we should expect having spent 200m but the reality is we've wasted 200m.

Don't think we've made a single first team signing in that time that has shown any significant improvement and the vast majority have been massive disappointments

I don't think allardyce is doing a particularly good job but I also don't think he's doing a particularly bad job either. We are just quite shit.

January 21, 2018, 05:19:37 PM
Reply #1503

Lxxx

Of course it's not what we should expect having spent 200m but the reality is we've wasted 200m.

Don't think we've made a single first team signing in that time that has shown any significant improvement and the vast majority have been massive disappointments

I don't think allardyce is doing a particularly good job but I also don't think he's doing a particularly bad job either. We are just quite shit.

Such a lazy argument to say ‘we are just quite shit.’ Doesn’t hold any water whatsoever.

January 21, 2018, 05:27:26 PM
Reply #1504

KoemansNumberTens

Such a lazy argument to say ‘we are just quite shit.’ Doesn’t hold any water whatsoever.

You don't think we are a bit shit? I think this is much of our problem. We hype a load of average players and then people expect the results that are beyond them

We haven't fielded a decent full back all season. Keanes been dreadful, holgate makes mistakes and the other 2 centre halves are williams and jagielka who are coming towards the end of their careers. Our best winger this season was probably Lennon and that was for his defensive work. He's been sold for a nominal fee. We spent have the season with no decent striker
Christ if we were voting for player of the season now it would probably either be Niasse who everyone wanted rid of or Pickford who parrys most things right back into the box

We are quite shite. We haven't had any proper attacking width in the side all season. We haven't had a striker all season. Our defence is made up of not ready and over the hill

January 21, 2018, 05:31:08 PM
Reply #1505

Rodenplav64

Our biggest problem is that our game plan consists of:

A) Pickford launches it to the lone striker.  [Go to #1]
B) Rolls it out to one of the CB [Go to #2]
C) Rolls it out to a FB [Go to #3]

#1: Lone Striker fails to win the ball, or has insufficient support to maintain possesion.  Revert to defending.
#2: Ball is hoofed forward [Go to 1], played to a full back[Go to 3] or played into midfield[Go to 5]
#3: If FB is Kenny [Go to 4], if FB is Martina play is stopped and ball is played back to CB [Go to 2] or into CM [Go to 5]
#4: Ball is lofted Neville-esque chip down the line losing possession.
#5: If first time on this point then [Go to 2].  If second [Go to 3].  If third[Go to 6]
#6: Ball held too long and possession is lost.

And this is repeated 20 times a game, when what we need is an option #7.

#7: Midfielder turns with ball and carries it 40 yards forward.

Until we get either a LB who can carry the balk and take players on on the outside (Using, you know, their left foot) or a midfielder who can do this then we're fucked.  Once we do get one or both of these players in then the whole team dynamic should change.

Planning on coming up to the Brighton game with may mate who is a big Brighton fan . Given the cost of fuel , hotel for 2 nights , beer , bit of food etc I really feel my money could be better spent elsewhere . I do it a few times a season on top of family visits when there is no game but I have no enthusiasm since we beat Sunderland 6-2 as the crowd have been so poor for most of the games . I can't be alone and wonder just how many fans Allardyce might just be the final straw for . Lets face it fans have been getting a raw deal for years but this is a whole new level of shite .

January 21, 2018, 05:32:40 PM
Reply #1506

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair ticket sales have been increasing.

January 21, 2018, 05:37:08 PM
Reply #1507

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
On current form...

We’ve gone back to being the easiest team in the league to play against.

Not committing to attack properly and as such leaving gaps at the back without ever posing a danger the other way.

He should be true to his own principles.

Our four best attacking options (giving licence to Tosun) are Sigurdsson, Rooney, Walcott and Tosun.

The first three are guaranteed PL goals, we’re hoping Tosun is the same.

Set the team up to be really difficult to beat (again) and let them nick something.

Even at home.

We should have bored ourselves up to level with Leicester and Burnley and then bothered about style.

But he’s buckled to supporter pressure and is doing things half heartedly which never works.

January 21, 2018, 05:37:16 PM
Reply #1508

Rodenplav64

To be fair ticket sales have been increasing.

I know and I really can't figure it out but that is the same for all of the Premier League . Maybe it was the promise of Moshiri/Koeman that boosted season ticket sales . Pretty sure Allardyce will put a dent in that .

January 21, 2018, 05:49:14 PM
Reply #1509

Macca77

Teams know that if they score first we're fucked

January 21, 2018, 05:53:14 PM
Reply #1510

Lxxx

Teams know that if they score first we're fucked

But more importantly the players know if the opposition scores first we’re likely not winning the game.

January 21, 2018, 06:01:40 PM
Reply #1511

Macca77

January 21, 2018, 06:16:00 PM
Reply #1512

Lxxx

January 21, 2018, 06:53:18 PM
Reply #1513

Jamokachi

January 21, 2018, 10:27:49 PM
Reply #1514

KoemansNumberTens