September 21, 2018, 01:24:16 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 126904 times)

February 25, 2018, 01:41:29 PM
Reply #45

Rodenplav64

How does a club in our position get those players the top clubs DO want? If we can't get them who is left EXCEPT the players the top clubs don't want?

Don't go for them in the first place and don't pay over the top for the likes of Sig . Look at the club long term in the same way as say Borussia Dortmund or RB Leipzig . Borussia don't try and compete in the market with Bayern and they lose their best players to Bayern and other clubs but they stick to a financial plan . Leipzig only sign players under a certain age who have a sell on value so they are willing to sell because they are looking for the next player in as much as the next out . Look at the players Liverpool have lost to bigger clubs . We got so hung up on Lukaku then when he left we were in the shit because we weren't looking for someone to replace him . Moshiri is fucking clueless and he is driving at 70 without a steering wheel . Bramley Moor and the future of this club is a fucking big bend in the road and we need someone in to build towards that and not to finish in the top 6 next season as it is not realistic . I would go for Slavisa Jokanovic as he has done just that at Fulham and has turned some good young players into the type of players the big clubs want . The sort of players who will die in U23 or perish on loan and be deemed not good enough if we stick with the footballing fossil Allardyce and the mischevious chimpanzee Moshiri .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:45:14 PM by Rodenplav64 »

February 25, 2018, 02:18:36 PM
Reply #46

Rodenplav64

Can’t wait for the Derby, am sure that Martina and Williams will have Salah and Firmino in their pocket !

To think Salah , Firmino and Mane all cost less than Sigurdsson .

February 25, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Reply #47

Rodenplav64

To think Salah , Firmino and Mane all cost less than Sigurdsson .

I don't think The Big Man , The Boss , Big Sam could conjure a goal out of the 3 of them though .

February 26, 2018, 07:18:24 PM
Reply #48

Rodenplav64

There are enough games left for this fucking moron to take us down .

February 27, 2018, 10:23:05 PM
Reply #49

Rodenplav64

Neither of them we're capable of achieving the aspirations that have come out of his mouth.

Maybe he should keep his mouth shut . He comes out with some of the same shite we thought we had heard the last of .

February 28, 2018, 03:12:46 PM
Reply #50

Rodenplav64

I can't believe more people aren't more concerned about Moshiri . He has turned our club into a laughing stock . We all know despite his constant shite about a high profile Manager we will get Dyche .

February 28, 2018, 07:03:11 PM
Reply #51

Rodenplav64

Every chance you get you give the same reaction -Moshiri.Has it dawned on you that he is the one that owns 49.9% and would be hard to move on even if you have a point ? I would love to know the perfect scenario as you see it for the end of this season!

I am well aware you cannot move on your majority shareholder but I think he is a bit clueless football wise . The perfect scenario would be that someone wakes him from his footballing slumber . If he sacked Allardyce and Walsh then I would at least think he had opened one eye to what is going on . My fear is that he thinks he can rinse and repeat if we finish 7th because no matter how much of a disaster this season has been for those watching , it would be status quo from a business perspective .
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:04:42 PM by Rodenplav64 »

March 01, 2018, 03:38:22 PM
Reply #52

Rodenplav64

I we hold onto Tosun long enough the market will catch up and we might get our money back, like Niasse. Hopefully.

He was banging them in during warm weather training . Thing is he looked decent in Besiktas CL games so I just don't get him not being given a go . We are a proper fuck up at the minute .

March 03, 2018, 01:51:42 AM
Reply #53

Rodenplav64

It is a fact though isn't it?

Fact is the way we are playing will be back down in the shite after the City game . We are worse than when he took over .

March 03, 2018, 01:49:40 PM
Reply #54

Rodenplav64

No, it's not splitting gnat's hairs it's gently taking the piss to illustrate the hysteria on here and how stupid it must look to a lot of people reading it.
You won't find me defending Sam anywhere (it's not that difficult to check old posts - do it) but I fully admit to preferring sensible debate to insulting, childish and prejudiced posts that seem to litter the previous 182 pages.☺
Come next season I hope a few people can look back at this entire thread and laugh at themselves a bit.
In the meantime I might find a few more stats to give me something to do.🤔

The only one looking back and laughing at Everton will be Sam Allardyce .

March 04, 2018, 06:06:46 PM
Reply #55

Rodenplav64

When Allardyce was appointed I wasnít over the moon, but I took the attitude of supporting him as I would any player who pulls on the blue shirt. I know Iím not alone in admitting it hasnít worked out, and Iím disappointed in this, but the gloating on this thread is totally unnecessary. I look forward to Sam achieving what he was brought in to do (keep us up) then move on with a new manager next season.

Swansea didn't see the need to appoint a relic as Manager and they were in worse shit than us . I would much rather stay up like they will playing football than I would stumbling over the line like someone had cut my achilles . As for gloating we appointed the biggest gloater of them all when he gets 1 or more points per game .

March 04, 2018, 06:23:57 PM
Reply #56

Rodenplav64

The criticism that he got when he initially took over was unfair, especially when we went on a good run and we were looking solid at the back. Plus, the squad is a bit shit - striker?, left back, Schneiderlin, Williams etc

But we’ve come out of the January transfer window looking awful. The two disappointing results going into Christmas were ok with me as long as we sorted our shit out in the transfer market. But aside from probably the Leicester game we have been woeful.

Yeah some of the players still are shite, but Martina didn’t play too badly yesterday and our striker scored. Williams and Keane were terrible yesterday in both halves, but we didn’t react to them going 2 up front.

Oh and since when have we zonal marked on corners?

I am sorry mate but there was no good run of results and we never looked solid at any point . We beat Huddersfield , Swansea and Newcastle before the wheels came off . We scraped a draw with an all out defensive effort against Chelsea and WBA should have beaten us twice . The same WBA that have been rooted to the foot of the table . I hate him being given any credit whatsoever for keeping us up because in short he has done no such thing . He hasn't even taken us away from the relegation zone the league is that poor . I would argue looking at the upcoming fixtures that if we fail to beat Brighton and take a hiding off City and Liverpool we will right back in it . A few draws will see us just about stay up and he knows it . That is the time for thanks but no thanks if you want to be polite about it .

March 05, 2018, 03:47:33 PM
Reply #57

Rodenplav64

Stopped reading after the first sentence.

Sorry about that I will use little words for you next time .

March 05, 2018, 03:50:44 PM
Reply #58

Rodenplav64

I agree; as much as I want him out of the club, I cannot see Moshiri getting rid of him in the season, unless we actually get pulled into the relegation zone, then maybe Moshiri would take action. As it is, as bad as we are, I cannot see the bottom 3 catching us now, so I think we will just have to boil in our own piss for another 2 months.

I think he deserves the same undignified ending as Martinez ( who didn't deserve it in comparison to Allardyce ) got off Moshiri . I think you are right but I feel he deserves sacking as soon as we are mathematically safe .