November 18, 2018, 04:33:49 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 134873 times)

January 22, 2018, 03:58:00 PM
Reply #1545

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Moaned that we werent getting forward enough to create any chances. Then after a spurs battering moaned we were too offensive and needed to get back to being 'boring cunts' (pretty much the words he used)
Never did I imagine when moshiris millions came flooding in would our club be in such a shambles.

But then didn’t actually pick a “boring” line up or approach.

Bizarre couple of weeks for public pronouncements.

January 22, 2018, 04:01:41 PM
Reply #1546

Ross

Most people have commented on our lack of pace in the team and how certain players slow us down so it’s hard to knock him on that.

Interesting that he’s made these thoughts public though because there’s bound to be a few games between now and the end of the season that he’s going to play them at the same time. Maybe it’s just an indirect way of telling Rooney he’s going to be mostly on the bench from now on.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 22, 2018, 04:02:03 PM
Reply #1547

dunkster

4-2-3-1 is a boring approach if the 2 defensive midfielders cant do fuck all. May as well be 6 defenders
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 22, 2018, 04:03:12 PM
Reply #1548

Lxxx

Most people have commented on our lack of pace in the team and how certain players slow us down so it’s hard to knock him on that.

Interesting that he’s made these thoughts public though because there’s bound to be a few games between now and the end of the season that he’s going to play them at the same time. Maybe it’s just an indirect way of telling Rooney he’s going to be mostly on the bench from now on.

In the absence of any midfielders who can pass the ball forward it's a silly thing to say.

January 22, 2018, 04:05:38 PM
Reply #1549

dunkster

And footballers are sensitive sulky fuckers when negative stuff gets put out in public. Im not sure that Ross was ever the same after koeman blasted him in public.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 22, 2018, 04:10:12 PM
Reply #1550

Bluedylan

4-2-3-1 is a boring approach if the 2 defensive midfielders cant do fuck all. May as well be 6 defenders

Not to mention that they don't even screen the back 4 effectively.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 22, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Reply #1551

mikey_blue

The ball isn't slow, nor does it get tired. If we tried passing to the man and moving, then they don't have to cover ridiculous amounts of ground chasing lost causes and second balls.

January 22, 2018, 04:26:52 PM
Reply #1552

Ross

In the absence of any midfielders who can pass the ball forward it's a silly thing to say.

But he’s right isn't he, Rooney in particular slows us right down dropping into midfield taking the ball off a centreback and playing it out to a fullback in our own half or onto the next centreback, and if he turns to play it forward Sigurdsson is just as slow linking the play but only 15/20 yards up the pitch. We’ve seen it time and again this season as teams shuffle back into position and we’ve gone nowhere.

Also as pairing they can’t do any high tempo pressing together because they’re so slow covering the ground even poor passing teams like Burnley can see them coming and move it round them if they need to.

I think he’s just saying what we’ve all been seeing and saying here really. The thing being he’s got the playing options to change it up and he’s getting paid handsomely to come up with a solution instead of constantly pointing out the problems while letting them happen.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 22, 2018, 04:31:21 PM
Reply #1553

Lxxx

But he’s right isn't he, Rooney in particular slows us right down dropping into midfield taking the ball off a centreback and playing it out to a fullback in our own half or onto the next centreback, and if he turns to play it forward Sigurdsson is just as slow linking the play but only 15/20 yards up the pitch. We’ve seen it time and again this season as teams shuffle back into position and we’ve gone nowhere.

Also as pairing they can’t do any high tempo pressing together because they’re so slow covering the ground even poor passing teams like Burnley can see them coming and move it round them if they need to.

I think he’s just saying what we’ve all been seeing and saying here really. The thing being he’s got the playing options to change it up and he’s getting paid handsomely to come up with a solution instead of constantly pointing out the problems while letting them happen.

Some valid points, some I disagree with. However at some point in the remainder of this season he is, you would have thought, going to have to play them in the same team. I just think it was something that didn't need to be said publicly. 

January 22, 2018, 04:32:17 PM
Reply #1554

dunkster

Can't pass and move, can't defend, can't get a shot away,
Maybe just maybe he needs to take a look at the players and change formation. Round pegs, square holes. If you have ultra defensive defensive-midfielders your gonna need something seriously special from the front 4 and we havent got that. If your lb and rb's aren't very good (which they arent) then don't have them as the sole threat/defense on the flanks.
Change to a bloody 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

January 22, 2018, 04:37:28 PM
Reply #1555

mikey_blue

Surely he should of been able to see this early on. Instead of shelling out on Walcott, we could of went for a CM who can cover ground.

January 22, 2018, 04:56:51 PM
Reply #1556

Lxxx

Surely he should of been able to see this early on. Instead of shelling out on Walcott, we could of went for a CM who can cover ground.

To be fair we needed both pace up top and strength in the centre. We also need a left b....... Beggars belief we still need so much yet we bought 7 players in the summer and 2 in January. Nearly a full team bought after finishing 7th and we still need more.

January 22, 2018, 05:37:23 PM
Reply #1557

everton1952

Cuco can't help what he is but his total unsuitability at LB seems to upset the balance of the whole team. If Baines is more or less finished then we must buy a proper LB.  Everyone knows it and hopefully something will be done soon. The sooner we can get Coleman back and drop Kenny the better. As for Williams and the rookie Holgate who were torn apart by West Brom, surely the experienced Keane and Jags are a better choice and should be allowed to settle as a pair,  until we can sign one at the end of the season to replace Jags.  I have given up on any announcement on Garbutt. He deputised for Baines very well a few years ago. but maybe, for whatever reason he can't reproduce it.  Not long ago Sam said he was in an unusual situation for him, looking upwards instead of downwards. He has changed his tune now.

January 22, 2018, 06:02:30 PM
Reply #1558

KoemansNumberTens

Jesus, Rooney's problem in my opinion is he covers too much ground. Especially when we are behind/chasing a game.
You see the lad pop up in full back positions, the middle, off the shoulder of the striker. Everywhere except where he's meant to actually be playing.

So, let me get this straight. Allardyce gets credit for us making up the points, whilst it is simultaneously Silva's fault?

It genuinely can't be both.

Not sure I gave allardyce much credit. Just said his performance here has been vastly superior to silvas in the same time period

January 22, 2018, 06:19:43 PM
Reply #1559

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure I gave allardyce much credit. Just said his performance here has been vastly superior to silvas in the same time period

Vastly superior?

You sure?