May 20, 2018, 09:14:35 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 109793 times)

January 23, 2018, 08:54:59 PM
Reply #1635

Lincs Toffee

Hypothetical really but does anyone here think Unsworth could do a better job until the end of the season?
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 08:58:11 PM
Reply #1636

gizzblue

Hypothetical really but does anyone here think Unsworth could do a better job until the end of the season?
Next doors jack Russel could mate tbh.

January 23, 2018, 09:01:02 PM
Reply #1637

Lxxx

Hypothetically yes.

January 23, 2018, 09:07:46 PM
Reply #1638

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The reality is the players are to blame sometimes.
The squad is in a total mess and he's been here only 56 days.
I'm not defending him personally ( said before he's not my first choice) but he's here and should be initially judged at the end of the season when a clearer picture of where we're going emerges.
The dislike of Sam for who he is means a lot are looking for every opportunity to see him fail.
Guardiola would struggle to get this squad playing well in 8 weeks!!
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 23, 2018, 09:12:12 PM
Reply #1639

Lincs Toffee

I'm not defending him personally ( said before he's not my first choice) but he's here and should be initially judged at the end of the season when a clearer picture of where we're going emerges.
The dislike of Sam for who he is means a lot are looking for every opportunity to see him fail.
So is it more a confidence issue with the players as apposed to an inept manager...I really am unable to understand why such a group of talented players look like a sunday league side, we have no passion, no pride, no determination in our play...wtf has really gone wrong?
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 09:26:01 PM
Reply #1640

Lxxx

However the clue is in the job title. Manager.

January 23, 2018, 09:29:01 PM
Reply #1641

Evertonian in NC

Repeating from Bilic thread - I'd have your average Scouse alleycat at the moment.

We'd all get behind him, for sure!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 23, 2018, 09:50:55 PM
Reply #1642

Rodenplav64

Guardiola would absolutely 100% get this squad playing within 8 weeks . I don't want to see Everton fail no matter who is in charge . I don't dislike him but I have never liked watching any of his teams ( which now includes Everton ) .

January 23, 2018, 10:11:14 PM
Reply #1643

UnsyisaRhino

Guardiola would absolutely 100% get this squad playing within 8 weeks . I don't want to see Everton fail no matter who is in charge . I don't dislike him but I have never liked watching any of his teams ( which now includes Everton ) .

I wonder what team he would pick and how he'd deal with our none passing centre halfs

January 23, 2018, 10:12:17 PM
Reply #1644

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So is it more a confidence issue with the players as apposed to an inept manager...I really am unable to understand why such a group of talented players look like a sunday league side, we have no passion, no pride, no determination in our play...wtf has really gone wrong?
That question should really be addressed to Koeman
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 23, 2018, 10:21:45 PM
Reply #1645

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder what team he would pick and how he'd deal with our none passing centre halfs
I know it's repeating what's been said before but he is judged on his record of taking over struggling teams and not turning them into CL winners.
If you like stats they prove he's never failed when taking over a team.with money to spend.
More seriously, I'm just moaning about the lack of objectivity. His reputation precedes him and there seems a complete lack of realism about the whole situation. A big name coming in and we'd all be saying 'he needs 12 months' Sam come into a complete shithole and fails in 56 days?
My prediction, for what it's worth, is that by the end of the season we will be organised and stable and there will be something to build on ( as we thought we had at the end of last season!) whether that is Sam or the 'Big Name' remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:23:11 PM by Shropshire Blue »

January 23, 2018, 10:30:35 PM
Reply #1646

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Surely surely surely hes had shitter at his disposal and managed results.

Suppose the problem could be we dont just demand results we demand performances.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 23, 2018, 10:50:18 PM
Reply #1647

Bluedylan

We're much better than this fella. He was fired 4 months into his job at Newcastle. His contract wasn't renewed at West Ham. Even those frankly laughable, basket case clubs saw through the facade. For me, employing him is the biggest black mark against Moshiri-era Everton. Just spent 50m and he's still trying to blag people that avoiding relegation is an achievement.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 23, 2018, 11:18:05 PM
Reply #1648

Rodenplav64

He is a quality coach but he might struggle with Williams . Kenny , Holgate and Keane would thrive under someone who knew what they were doing . I expected us to be able to manage the 2 banks of 4 by now but obviously Allardyce is losing his touch .

January 23, 2018, 11:19:53 PM
Reply #1649

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Passing is easier if you have 2/3/4 options all within reasonable range.

Eg Williams looked decent at passing when Rodgers was there (and I guess RM before) because there are shorter, easier options.