August 16, 2018, 04:08:10 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 122914 times)

January 23, 2018, 11:32:26 PM
Reply #1650

Macca77

We're much better than this fella. He was fired 4 months into his job at Newcastle. His contract wasn't renewed at West Ham. Even those frankly laughable, basket case clubs saw through the facade. For me, employing him is the biggest black mark against Moshiri-era Everton. Just spent 50m and he's still trying to blag people that avoiding relegation is an achievement.

This!

No wins in 7 games, playing some of the worst football we've ever seen and yet some fans still rate him, I dont get it. Surely the powers that be can all see what we do, and know he's not the answer, never has been, they tried and failed to get Silva, Unsworth was struggling so they panicked and bowed down to Sams demands, its pretty embarrassing to be honest

January 23, 2018, 11:33:57 PM
Reply #1651

Redartin

Surely surely surely he’s had shitter at his disposal and managed results.

Suppose the problem could be we don’t just demand results we demand performances.

I think one of the problems is that he once managed a bit of success with Bolton, but that was many years ago, and football has moved on considerably since then and others have coped on to his tactics and can combat the style of play he brings.
Yes you may get a team in the bowels of despair, no wins in 8 to 10 games, and he'll come in, park a bus, hoof balls up the field, gets a point here and there and drag them out of the bottom three, but that's it. There won't be a cup run, there won't be any improvement on the year before, the best you can hope for is mid table mediocrity. I strongly believe Unsworth could have produced shite equally as good till the end of the season, kept us safe, and saved a few million on wages.
The fume would have been the same though.

January 24, 2018, 12:33:43 AM
Reply #1652

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder what team he would pick and how he'd deal with our none passing centre halfs

He'd have converted Besic or Sigurdsson into a left back going on what he's done with Delph and the young lad.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

January 24, 2018, 03:11:01 AM
Reply #1653

TheTone

The reality is the players are to blame sometimes.
The squad is in a total mess and he's been here only 56 days.
I'm not defending him personally ( said before he's not my first choice) but he's here and should be initially judged at the end of the season when a clearer picture of where we're going emerges.
The dislike of Sam for who he is means a lot are looking for every opportunity to see him fail.
Guardiola would struggle to get this squad playing well in 8 weeks!!

Agreed

Fans have short memories

The amount of bummings this squad of players have been involved in is just unacceptable , throwing in the towel and getting beat by 3 4 and 5 goals, massive wankers

Not a massive Allardyce fan either , I can see these players reverting to type no matter who the manager is

It's like we have to start from scratch, so many players need shipping out

January 24, 2018, 03:33:28 AM
Reply #1654

everton1952

Dare I slip in some good vibes? The appearance of Seamus tonight, still probably weeks off a first team appearance and then a further period of weeks getting up to speed. Also Garbutt must be under the microscope at last as he played tonight. If he shows a semblance of ability then stick him in the first team. He might struggle for a bit but anything is better than the present LB shambles.

January 24, 2018, 03:50:24 AM
Reply #1655

penguinofdoom1878

He's an awful manager whom we never ever needed and were never in danger of going down. We're not now either, despite what he tells everyone, every club hes managed he lowers expectation constantly, to be discussing a relegation battle when sat 9th no matter how results have gone is just negativity. This filters down, as does calling the players out after a game, if you keep saying they're rubbish they'll believe you and shut off.

Klaassen, struggled to settle, gets no game time to get used to the league, so what does he do? Writes him off publicly - one chance thats all you get, yet Schneiderlin is constantly poor in games still picked.

Also when it goes well and we win its because of him. When he play poor and draw or lose, its the players arent good enough or doing what he says. Never takes blame for anything.

January 24, 2018, 03:56:22 AM
Reply #1656

everton1952

I thought Koeman wrote off Klassen?  Allardyce arrived to find two signings already written off, or excluded,  Klassen and Ramirez. Maybe they have done nothing to convince anyone that that earlier decision was incorrect. Only those who see them inside the club know. Everton are so poor now I would imagine if either player demonstrated commitment and effort they would have been tested either playing or on the bench surely? 

January 24, 2018, 04:22:56 AM
Reply #1657

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Some of the last few posts illustrate better than anything my point about being objective. Failed everywhere he's been? Notts County, Bolton and West Ham were a division higher than when he joined them. He was sacked by Blackpool after losing in the play offs and undoubtedly saved Palace from relegation. Slightly tongue in cheek I could suggest being sacked by Mike Ashley and Venky''s could be seen as a plus on any CV!
All I keep saying is he has a right to be judged on his success or failure after a reasonable length of time and inheriting the mess he has, 56 days is not reasonable.
I want to see a big name manager, attacking football , trophies as much as the next person but we have to deal with what we have now. Like him or hate him that is Sam.
Concensus on this forum is that until he arrived we had a total load of shite.  It takes more than a human manager to turn such shite into an attractive, winning effective team in 56 days - it needs a bloody thaumaturge!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:25:04 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 24, 2018, 04:47:39 AM
Reply #1658

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Koeman wrote off Klassen?  Allardyce arrived to find two signings already written off, or excluded,  Klassen and Ramirez. Maybe they have done nothing to convince anyone that that earlier decision was incorrect. Only those who see them inside the club know. Everton are so poor now I would imagine if either player demonstrated commitment and effort they would have been tested either playing or on the bench surely?
Koeman never wrote klaasen or Sandro off, he said they needed time
Sam said klaasen in particular isn't showing enough in training.... Fair enough I'd say if training was making the others improve, not get worse
Simply simply lovely

January 24, 2018, 07:05:21 AM
Reply #1659

bacon sarnie

He's a fuckin tosser like the last two. Imagine being a pro-footballer and having to listen to these gobshites day after day. Not me not for all the millions in Moshiris mates wallet.

Hoping for a yard sale come summer but what can you do apart from not watch the games?

January 24, 2018, 07:52:23 AM
Reply #1660

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Admit it - he's here and not going anywhere for a while. Continue to hate him. Remain pessimistic  about the future.
Then think about it, you've nothing to lose, so you might as well wait. Then you'll be able to judge him at the end of the season and be proved right.
Considerably less stress that way.

Unless he surprises us all, goes on to win things and life becomes totally unbearable to the point we keep him and we have to boycott going to see us in the CL final to finally convince the owners how bad he really is.☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

January 24, 2018, 02:11:03 PM
Reply #1661

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Admit it - he's here and not going anywhere for a while. Continue to hate him. Remain pessimistic  about the future.
Then think about it, you've nothing to lose, so you might as well wait. Then you'll be able to judge him at the end of the season and be proved right.
Considerably less stress that way.

Unless he surprises us all, goes on to win things and life becomes totally unbearable to the point we keep him and we have to boycott going to see us in the CL final to finally convince the owners how bad he really is.☺

You seem to have transported back to mid December.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 24, 2018, 03:04:06 PM
Reply #1662

boothill

I can. First few years under Howard Kendall were desperate yet he went on to develop a long ball strategy that brought us success.
long ball really ?  kendalls sides could mix their play up quite a bit, but some of the most intricate ,precise passing was seen at goodison and at grounds around the country under his tutelage, i was there during the taxi at the gate shouts and the mini attendances, and the football was nowhere near has bad as what is getting served up lately. the long ball was used more to benefit lineker, and we won sod all with him

January 24, 2018, 03:04:14 PM
Reply #1663

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I'm saying exactly the same thing I said then and I feel exactly the same way as when he came.
Even you said he needed time and the transfer window and I can't see how that can be assessed until end of season.

January 24, 2018, 03:06:51 PM
Reply #1664

Bluedylan

I'm saying exactly the same thing I said then and I feel exactly the same way as when he came.
Even you said he needed time and the transfer window and I can't see how that can be assessed until end of season.

And that's sound. You're entitled to your opinion, and it's completely valid.

With respect, a lot of considered, thoughtful posters who aren't prone to rash judgements or diatribes disagree with you, didn't want him to be appointed, and feel like a lot of their preconceptions about him have been confirmed and reinforced. So people are coming to those conclusions completely rationally, and with justification.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.