December 19, 2018, 12:03:14 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 138214 times)

February 01, 2018, 04:32:10 PM
Reply #1785

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
15pts from 11 games isn't relegation form. We're not going down.

Are you getting the champagne in and i'll bring those little pastries with mulch in them?
When are we having this "we won't actually get relegated amongst a sea of shit" party?

February 01, 2018, 04:46:06 PM
Reply #1786

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Relegation was looking an ominous possibility under Koeman - just pointing out it looks highly unlikely now.
It sounds a bit arrogant calling half of the best league in the world 'shit' though?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 01, 2018, 05:06:25 PM
Reply #1787

GrantyBoy78

Absolute bedlam on here when SA is still manager next season.

February 01, 2018, 05:09:41 PM
Reply #1788

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Relegation was looking an ominous possibility under Koeman - just pointing out it looks highly unlikely now.
It sounds a bit arrogant calling half of the best league in the world 'shit' though?

Only as arrogant as thinking this is the best league in the world really.

February 01, 2018, 05:24:35 PM
Reply #1789

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I can't think of another league in the world that has the quality in depth that this league has. The Championship would compete with most if them let alone the PL. The are 6 (?) leagues at best in the world and most of those the quality drops considerably once you go half way down. There is no 'easy' game in this league and that's what makes it so attractive.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 01, 2018, 05:26:45 PM
Reply #1790

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
As bad as it was I think koeman would have got a similar pts total agaisnt the opposition Allardyce has faced.
Simply simply lovely

February 01, 2018, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #1791

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Both Germany and Spain have better leagues than here.
If you consider the potential for any team to beat any other then Holland, Italy and France are all similar.

If you dont think there is a huge gulf between the top 6 in this league and the other 14 then you're not paying attention (odd aberration of a result aside)

A good indicator of how good a depth a league has is looking at the Europa league. The only time England does well in that is when some of our top 6/champs league teams find themselves in it.

February 01, 2018, 05:43:10 PM
Reply #1792

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Do you want him to still be here next season?

February 01, 2018, 06:06:58 PM
Reply #1793

Lxxx

No you're right. It's actually 2/3 of the best league in the world that's shit.

February 01, 2018, 08:31:50 PM
Reply #1794

GrantyBoy78

Do you want him to still be here next season?
Nope. But he’s the manager and I’ll support him in what I consider very trying circumstances. I think we need an ‘organiser’ to get us through to the end of the season (I wanted Dyche) and I genuinely believe a ‘progressive’ flavour of the month manager would have seen us relegated by tying to implement a style of play that would be impossible, mid-season. Just my opinion.

I just don’t get grown men crying about Allardyce being manager every single day in every single thread. He’s not going anywhere and by saying you want him gone you’re basically saying you want Everton to lose.

February 01, 2018, 09:08:32 PM
Reply #1795

Cereal Killer

Nope. But he’s the manager and I’ll support him in what I consider very trying circumstances. I think we need an ‘organiser’ to get us through to the end of the season (I wanted Dyche) and I genuinely believe a ‘progressive’ flavour of the month manager would have seen us relegated by tying to implement a style of play that would be impossible, mid-season. Just my opinion.

I just don’t get grown men crying about Allardyce being manager every single day in every single thread. He’s not going anywhere and by saying you want him gone you’re basically saying you want Everton to lose.

Alas we find ourselves posting in a thread specifically dedicated to the man, so would expect to see at least some posts relating to people's opinions of him, although fewer of the fat/gravy comments would make it less playground like

February 01, 2018, 09:56:35 PM
Reply #1796

Bluedylan

Nah, you can tell Moshiri isn't into him at all. He'll be gone quick time.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 01, 2018, 10:02:57 PM
Reply #1797

KoemansNumberTens

Really don't think he's done a bad job so far. Not been great but he's done fine.

Almost all didn't want him and almost all of them wouldn't have ever changed their minds

We'll probably get yet another new manager in the summer. Could really do without more upheaval

February 01, 2018, 10:12:29 PM
Reply #1798

Ross

Nah, you can tell Moshiri isn't into him at all. He'll be gone quick time.

How?

Only 3 weeks back he was singing his praises at the AGM, he’s just backed him to the tune of £60m in his first transfer window while handing him carte Blanche on who stays or goes from the current squad and he’s backed him with a full squadron of his own staff which he’s actually still looking to add to.

Doesn’t look like he’s a man who’s going anywhere to me.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 01, 2018, 10:24:17 PM
Reply #1799

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think the 18 month contract is the clue to this. It's a get out for the club but a chance for him to prove what he believes he can do when given significant resources.
Again,  without making a case for him staying or going I do believe we will end up with a squad that knows exactly where they are and what is expected of them and any club needs that before it can move on.
I think it's a bit of a shame that the appointment of Sam has completely blocked most discussion on the bad place we were/are in and how we actually get out of it. Most attempts to try and discuss it are completely blocked by the anti-Sam comments. Opinions of Sam are everyone's own choice to make but it shouldn't stop us talking about the various stages we need to go through to rebuild and move forward.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:25:48 PM by Shropshire Blue »