June 23, 2018, 10:00:08 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 116581 times)

February 04, 2018, 01:26:37 AM
Reply #1845

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone think we should have gone for Moyes again given the fact we weren’t in for anyone decent?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 04, 2018, 01:29:00 AM
Reply #1846

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone think we should have gone for Moyes again given the fact we weren’t in for anyone decent?

I doubt the results would've been much different.

February 04, 2018, 01:31:39 AM
Reply #1847

dekko

I find it hard to believe that this is the best that 3 “experienced” managers working together can do.
Let’s get 2 more wins and kick these clueless, money grabbing people out the door. Take Walsh with them.
Time for a whole new revamp of Everton in the summer.

February 04, 2018, 01:50:41 AM
Reply #1848

GrantyBoy78

I think Moshiri may have to put the rebuild of the club on hold as he's got himself in a pickle here with the Allardyce appointment. I can foresee him doing okay from here on in and staying next season, but changes happening above him and a mutual parting of the ways in 18 months. If we have to wait then so be it, we saw what a new manager and DoF starting at the same time did recently, we won't want to be making that mistake again anytime soon.
Yep. The whole Koeman/Walsh debacle has put us back 2 years.

February 04, 2018, 01:53:09 AM
Reply #1849

Macca77

Any so called big club wouldnt hesitate, he'd be sacked now, but not us like, Moshiri read his autobiography ffs

February 04, 2018, 01:56:56 AM
Reply #1850

dekko

I think Moshiri may have to put the rebuild of the club on hold as he's got himself in a pickle here with the Allardyce appointment. I can foresee him doing okay from here on in and staying next season, but changes happening above him and a mutual parting of the ways in 18 months. If we have to wait then so be it, we saw what a new manager and DoF starting at the same time did recently, we won't want to be making that mistake again anytime soon.

I think it was decided from when we got Sam that he’d be gone in the summer. I still think we’ll go for a big name manager like Simeone who will rebuild the team.

February 04, 2018, 01:57:06 AM
Reply #1851

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Any so called big club wouldnt hesitate, he'd be sacked now, but not us like, Moshiri read his autobiography ffs

Well he sacked Koeman well before we’d have done before.

What’s happening after that decision should actually caution against just getting shut now.

The next manager has to be right.

No point having someone we know would only be here til the summer as issues with players not being at it would be exacerbated.

February 04, 2018, 02:05:37 AM
Reply #1852

Cuttyblue

So I'm not a full throated Sam Hater.

His post-match comments are very risky.  Our dressing room attitude and morale have been shockingly poor since Martinez's last year.  This group has proven time after time that they are willing to completely down tools and let their manager hang out to dry.

You would think we can still muddle along for 10-12th at season's end, but if the players quit... Allardyce will be sacked.

February 04, 2018, 02:15:28 AM
Reply #1853

Cozzie

February 04, 2018, 02:17:03 AM
Reply #1854

kramer0

I'm almost impressed that we've managed to do worse than Martinez/Reeves.

Almost. Mostly it just bums me out.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:25:56 AM by kramer0 »

February 04, 2018, 02:24:11 AM
Reply #1855

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Let's face it
It's not just Allardyce it's the entire team
From Allardyce through to Walsh
It has to go
Simply simply lovely

February 04, 2018, 02:28:02 AM
Reply #1856

kramer0

Let's face it
It's not just Allardyce it's the entire team
From Allardyce through to Walsh
It has to go

The scary thing is if you're looking for where the madness starts, you can probably go a level higher than that.

Moshiri has been happy to write the checks for this train wreck.

February 04, 2018, 02:29:40 AM
Reply #1857

toshyboy

https://twitter.com/LivEchoEFC/status/959880429686919168?s=17

An Everton manager talking like that.

Cunt.

Don’t get me wrong tactics and starting 11 were way off and the buck stops with Allardyce, and the the defeat is deffo down to him. But the way a lot of these players in the squad hide and go missing is an absolute fuckin disgrace, and they’ve done so under multiple managers

I would rather any manager be honest and call them out, rather than blow smoke up their arse

February 04, 2018, 02:35:11 AM
Reply #1858

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The scary thing is if you're looking for where the madness starts, you can probably go a level higher than that.

Moshiri has been happy to write the checks for this train wreck.

There's a bizarre pedigree for the appointments made in terms of what they have achieved but they are all so far from what Everton are trying to do it's ridiculous

February 04, 2018, 05:04:29 AM
Reply #1859

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If we do get rid what are the options?

Unsworth has the opportunity to get out of this shithole and go to Oxford to build his career. Other than that Silva is the only viable option available and is there much point in getting him in?

Maybe we are best just sticking it out and waiting until the summer.