December 11, 2018, 07:06:56 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136777 times)

February 04, 2018, 05:45:25 AM
Reply #1860

Ridge

The scary thing is if you're looking for where the madness starts, you can probably go a level higher than that.

Moshiri has been happy to write the checks for this train wreck.

You can't criticise him for signing the cheques, that's adding insult to injury. It's the decisions that are wrong, not that he committed to them.

It cost us 10m to get rid of Koeman, will cost similar to get rid of Allardyce and the sooner the better.

February 04, 2018, 06:06:44 AM
Reply #1861

sam of the south

If we do get rid what are the options?

Unsworth has the opportunity to get out of this shithole and go to Oxford to build his career. Other than that Silva is the only viable option available and is there much point in getting him in?

Maybe we are best just sticking it out and waiting until the summer.

Tuchel is also available isn't he, but I'm sure he wouldn't want any part of this farce
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2018, 06:08:28 AM
Reply #1862

Ridge

If we do get rid what are the options?

Unsworth has the opportunity to get out of this shithole and go to Oxford to build his career. Other than that Silva is the only viable option available and is there much point in getting him in?

Maybe we are best just sticking it out and waiting until the summer.

Can't believe people still reflect negatively on Unsworth despite the shit we've seen before and since.

February 04, 2018, 06:30:11 AM
Reply #1863

Ridge

Koeman won 2 of his 9 games  :whistle:

February 04, 2018, 07:54:53 AM
Reply #1864

KingOfNapaValley

260M on incoming transfers the last two seasons and we are worse than under the last season of Martinez. That takes a special kind of incompetence.

February 04, 2018, 03:38:15 PM
Reply #1865

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Ultimately, if he keeps us up and then leaves in the summer, he has done the job that was expected of him, but it shouldn't be celebrated and it will be such a shame if it has meant the likes of Vlasic, Holgate, Lookman and Davies want out of the club as they are really who we should be building the team around.

We look like we are further and further away from competing with the top 6, I'd really like to see an emphasis on youth with the next appointment, both in terms of the manager appointed, someone with a more modern, progressive approach and also in terms of some of the older players being cleared out and more faith placed in our excellent youth system
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 04, 2018, 04:13:59 PM
Reply #1866

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ultimately, if he keeps us up and then leaves in the summer, he has done the job that was expected of him, but it shouldn't be celebrated and it will be such a shame if it has meant the likes of Vlasic, Holgate, Lookman and Davies want out of the club as they are really who we should be building the team around.

We look like we are further and further away from competing with the top 6, I'd really like to see an emphasis on youth with the next appointment, both in terms of the manager appointed, someone with a more modern, progressive approach and also in terms of some of the older players being cleared out and more faith placed in our excellent youth system

I think this is the crux of it. If we can move him on in the summer and bring someone else in then I can live with this season just about. A new Manager might be able to sell the direction he is going in to some of our younger players.

February 04, 2018, 04:27:20 PM
Reply #1867

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think if were wanting to play more youngsters then wed need a manager with a pretty decent, longish term record of bringing young players on.

I do think we need someone more in tune with the modern approach.

February 04, 2018, 04:55:50 PM
Reply #1868

Martip

I 've been backing him since his arrival as felt he deserved  time given the shit he took over but some his his recent decisions have baffled me.

I can't for the life of me work out why he 1. Plays Morgan and 2. Didn't sell him for the reported 20m moyes was offering. I mean he offers nothing to this team- We look no more solid with him in there and his sideways 2m passes give us nothing going forward.....the young lad who came in under unsworth looked a better option as does Davies.

The next issue is formation....hes now starting to get it wrong every game....far too negative even against the crap teams like west brom....yesterday was a joke and it was plainly obvious we'd get tonked after the team sheets were announced.

What's really pissing me off though is his constant not taking responsibility for his actions and blaming the players.. ..yes they have to take responsibility but so does he and his constant slagging off players is impacting confidence.

He also can't have it both ways...for example he makes everyone aware what a great job he's doing when he's winning and a signing comes off like Walcott  (although was a no brainer for me)but when we lose  its the players fault And nowt to do with him.

Similarly if a signing doesn't come off it's their fault (like cenk so far who was his choice and the best player at that price in his words a few weeks ago). This sort of behaviour doesn't exactly endear us to prospective players or top young talent and reeks of arrogance.

February 04, 2018, 05:26:23 PM
Reply #1869

Macca77

Still no sacked then, just shows how ambitious our owner is, the damage Allardyce is doing will take years to fix

February 04, 2018, 05:31:21 PM
Reply #1870

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
9 more points and we'll fuck him off.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 04, 2018, 05:31:23 PM
Reply #1871

gizzblue

Kinda expected ...the big headed fuckwit to be paid off and fucked up the road by now .....Moshiri really is a spineless fucker ...at the end of the day I'm sure his lawyers could find a loophole to fuck Sam for nowt ...along the lines of Evertons best interests weren't met therefore breaching the big boned ones contract.
Born not made a blue .

February 04, 2018, 05:52:19 PM
Reply #1872

Macca77

9 more points and we'll fuck him off.

I honestly don't think we will, I fear he will still be here next season

February 04, 2018, 06:04:22 PM
Reply #1873

Dr. Sponge

Ya can't pick a team like that and expect to get anything from any game in the Premier League, never mind away at Arsenal.

He's shot himself in the foot quite a few times now, since the draw against Chelsea, with poor team selections.

It runs deeper than Allardyce though, the club is a bit of a circus at the moment. Still no left back signed, it's been nearly 2 years since everyone on here unanimously agreed we needed to replace Baines. Plus there seems to be a problem with our new striker already.

Both Allardyce and Walsh need to go in the summer, and Moshiri needs to get himself better advisors.

February 04, 2018, 06:12:16 PM
Reply #1874

sam of the south

Kinda expected ...the big headed fuckwit to be paid off and fucked up the road by now .....Moshiri really is a spineless fucker ...at the end of the day I'm sure his lawyers could find a loophole to fuck Sam for nowt ...along the lines of Evertons best interests weren't met therefore breaching the big boned ones contract.

Guaranteed that contract is watertight and completely weighted in Allardyce's favour
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them