September 25, 2018, 12:05:37 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127888 times)

December 12, 2017, 04:05:02 AM
Read 127888 times

TheTone

December 24, 2017, 03:33:36 AM
Reply #1

TheTone

Great point again today, I'm impressed by what he's achieved in such a short space of time

One thing that's nagging away at me though is will we still be happy if next season we play the same style against the big boys with only aiming for a 0-0 a draw being our game plan?

I remember Moyes getting criticism for not winning against the top 4, how would a manager be received if he approached those games with no desire to try and win them?

It'll be interesting to see next season, I'm not saying it's 100% he'll approach then this way, but if he does I wonder if people will slate him too or have our levels of expectation dropped substantially?

it's gone perfect for him hasn't it

he definitely has something about him, if I was a player i'd deffo want to play for him

we'll have to wait and see what he recruits over the next 2 transfer windows to see if he can add more players to improve our attacking play and also wait to see if he can get a tune out of the injured guys due back

loving the way he winds up opposition managers, it's been a while since we were snidey cunts

December 31, 2017, 12:15:50 AM
Reply #2

TheTone

Depressing like isn't it, seeing that team before the game and knowing we're not gonna win. But then you see Rooney and Bolasie come on and look way off the pace. Niasse as well, who was involved in the goal yes, but we all know he's a poor player.

Whatever you think of the manager, it's the quality of the squad that is the the real reason we're this shit. We've had 3 managers this season and it's the least shit we've been.

Without a fit Rooney today, we needed Schneiderlin to be on his game and start moves off. He was dreadful.

5 of our outfield players are good enough for a top 7 side; 2 of them are massively underperforming (Keane & Schneiderlin), 1 is unfit (Rooney) and the other two are Sigurdson and Gueye.

It's utter negligence, from Walsh I presume, to be left with:

Kenny - too young
Martina - shit
Jags - too old
Williams - ok with a good manager, but not good enough
Baines - always injured and well past his best
Holgate - too young
Davies - will be very good but still too young
DCL - too young
Niasse - shit
McCarthy - shit and always injured
Besic - shit
Mirallas - shit
Lookman - raw
Sandro - has been shit every time I've watched him play
Klassen - not PL ready (although hasn't had much of a chance)
Lennon - can't knock his effort, but he has his limitations

Not sure what the score is with Vlasic, I've always thought he looks a good player.

5 of Bournemouth's players today would get into our team. The 2 strikers, the 2 fullbacks and Ake. They were 19th in the table. Rooney and Sigurdson are carrying us, so if they don't both have a worldy we're fucked.

Happy New Year

January 15, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
Reply #3

TheTone

I'm willing to give him the summer transfer window

If it's still the same shite after that then I will want him gone

What a mess of a season

January 21, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
Reply #4

TheTone

Martinez was actually a very good manager in any ways, he just had a fatal flaw he couldn't (or wouldn't) address, and then he lost the dressing room.

Fairly easy for managers to lose an Everton dressing room these days

January 24, 2018, 03:11:01 AM
Reply #5

TheTone

The reality is the players are to blame sometimes.
The squad is in a total mess and he's been here only 56 days.
I'm not defending him personally ( said before he's not my first choice) but he's here and should be initially judged at the end of the season when a clearer picture of where we're going emerges.
The dislike of Sam for who he is means a lot are looking for every opportunity to see him fail.
Guardiola would struggle to get this squad playing well in 8 weeks!!

Agreed

Fans have short memories

The amount of bummings this squad of players have been involved in is just unacceptable , throwing in the towel and getting beat by 3 4 and 5 goals, massive wankers

Not a massive Allardyce fan either , I can see these players reverting to type no matter who the manager is

It's like we have to start from scratch, so many players need shipping out

February 04, 2018, 06:28:26 PM
Reply #6

TheTone

I agree with all of that apart from the Unsworth part; he looked woefully out of his depth.

Aged a few years during that run as manager bless him

February 04, 2018, 06:29:51 PM
Reply #7

TheTone

David Dein or somebody like him would help Moshiri and the club no end.

David Dein was good in his time, we need someone younger with modern ideas

February 06, 2018, 05:32:48 PM
Reply #8

TheTone

Doesn't give a fuck does he  lolol

February 07, 2018, 01:41:06 AM
Reply #9

TheTone

A list of managers I would rather have right now than Sam Allardyce

Ronald Koeman
Roberto Martinez
David Moyes
Walter Smith
Mike Walker
Kenny Daglish!!!

February 28, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
Reply #10

TheTone

bout time some lid got a new manager poll thread going, I'm itching to vote for a new man

March 02, 2018, 04:33:25 PM
Reply #11

TheTone

March 06, 2018, 02:02:00 AM
Reply #12

TheTone

Showed a clip on MNF of Gana running 30 yards to have a go at Pickford after conceding the first, Carra saying he would have choked anyone who done that to him 😂

Said Williams legs are gone and the team lacks leaders especially with the older players

Also said Evertonians are not having Sam saying we are like Newcastle

Fucking handy work this punditry business like