September 20, 2018, 05:54:19 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 126846 times)

February 04, 2018, 10:03:02 PM
Reply #1905

kramer0

Joey Barton was saying on talk sport yesterday we didn't even approach dyche before Sam  and now he,s signed a new contract why would we bother now

I heard a rumour that Dyche doesn’t like Walsh and would’ve wanted him sacked if he took the job.

So maybe that has something to do with us not approaching him. Or maybe it’s just nonsense.

February 04, 2018, 10:05:12 PM
Reply #1906

Evertonian in NC

I heard a rumour that Dyche doesn’t like Walsh and would’ve wanted him sacked if he took the job.

So maybe that has something to do with us not approaching him. Or maybe it’s just nonsense.

ok, maybe we should hire Dyche after all
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 04, 2018, 10:09:47 PM
Reply #1907

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Joey Barton was saying on talk sport yesterday we didn't even approach dyche before Sam  and now he,s signed a new contract why would we bother now

Fair enough. Seems clear Moshiri wants his trophy-wife style manager.

Would very happily take a fonseca in the summer. Bit worried about Silva now tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 10:13:16 PM
Reply #1908

gizzblue

Feel physically sick at the prospect of three more months of this fucking  cancerous cunt spreading throughout our club.

February 04, 2018, 10:13:55 PM
Reply #1909

Evertonian in NC

Fair enough. Seems clear Moshiri wants his trophy-wife style manager.

Would very happily take a fonseca in the summer. Bit worried about Silva now tbh.

Fonseca would be fantastic.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 04, 2018, 10:19:11 PM
Reply #1910

Redartin

Both Allardyce and Walsh need to go in the summer, and Moshiri needs to get himself better advisors.

I agree with most of this, the only difference is why wait till the summer? Walsh can just fuck off now, the January window has just ended so he can sit back now and relax till the summer, well no! Fuck off Walshie.

Sam can fuck off too, if Unsworth can't scrape 9 points up from the remaining games, bearing in mind his home record, well he too can give up any aspirations he has of managing.

Big Sam has been one of the darlings of pundits, he regularly gave interviews on Talksport with Brazil etc, and quite often I heard various pundits say they'd love to see what he could do with a big club. Well he got the England job, a gig he always wanted, but he got greedy and fucked it up big time. Now he got his big club and he is being shown up as the fake dinasaur he is. So much for "only the best is good enough", get the fucker out now and start the search for a manager and D o F that this club is worthy of.

February 04, 2018, 10:19:59 PM
Reply #1911

kramer0

ok, maybe we should hire Dyche after all

Eh. I think there’s a ceiling to what you can achieve with his style. You could make the “with better players...” argument but managers don’t change significantly. Or there’s little evidence to suggest that they change significantly. So what you see is usually what you get and you’re betting against long odds if you expect otherwise.

I still think that, given promises of backroom stability and a big salary, we could lure someone like Favre, who has been very good for multiple clubs in “Big 5” leagues. This class of manager might not win us the PL but would almost certainly be enough to establish us as “best of the rest” domestically and a strong team in Europe.

We can attempt to jump up a tier after we position ourselves there. Walk before you run and all that.

February 04, 2018, 10:25:14 PM
Reply #1912

Ravardo

If we sack Sam and Steve Walsh I gather we go for dof first and manager second...here's my shout for a new dof. Les reed from Southampton http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37954971

February 04, 2018, 10:25:25 PM
Reply #1913

Evertonian in NC

Eh. I think there’s a ceiling to what you can achieve with his style. You could make the “with better players...” argument but managers don’t change significantly. Or there’s little evidence to suggest that they change significantly. So what you see is usually what you get and you’re betting against long odds if you expect otherwise.

I still think that, given promises of backroom stability and a big salary, we could lure someone like Favre, who has been very good for multiple clubs in “Big 5” leagues. This class of manager might not win us the PL but would almost certainly be enough to establish us as “best of the rest” domestically and a strong team in Europe.

We can attempt to jump up a tier after we position ourselves there. Walk before you run and all that.

Mostly tongue in cheek, in that if Dyche hates Walsh, then he must be a decent sort.

I'd be very happy with Favre or Tuchel as well.  Fonseca might be a bit more adventurous, but any of the three would be someone I would happily give the keys to for a long-term project, and let them be for awhile.

Absolutely, we have to learn to walk again before we even consider running.

February 04, 2018, 10:33:15 PM
Reply #1914

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

If he adds lightning counters through the middle to his playbook we’d be in a fantastic position with Dyche imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 10:38:34 PM
Reply #1915

dunkster

Absolutely nobody would have thought this season would be this way back in the summer.
I just feel sorry for you guys who have spent your hard earned pennies going to  watch the dross.
This summer is going to be a massively defining one in the history of the club.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 04, 2018, 10:51:55 PM
Reply #1916

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Plays good football Dyche imo. We play a much much lower block and much much longer balls.

Play dyche’s footy with the calibre of player we can afford and it would be sound. Probably our best chance at challenging the top 6/7/8 next year. Not going to ball everyone off the park but if we’re sensible and good enough going forward to win more than not against those below us, we would be flying.

Don’t see it being any better stylistically than Koeman and loads of people didn’t like that.

February 04, 2018, 10:52:02 PM
Reply #1917

kramer0

If he adds lightning counters through the middle to his playbook we'd be in a fantastic position with Dyche imo.

Part of my point is that those “ifs” almost never happen.

And “almost” is probably being kind.

February 04, 2018, 11:03:56 PM
Reply #1918

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t see it being any better stylistically than Koeman and loads of people didn’t like that.

Not a million miles away I suppose. Suspect most would take it over this. Not a big difference there either though when we play OK.

What way would you have us go, given you have the choice?

I’m not confident we will recruit well and recruit enough to make up the gap in quality we would need to be able to play front foot football.

February 04, 2018, 11:14:20 PM
Reply #1919

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not a million miles away I suppose. Suspect most would take it over this. Not a big difference there either though when we play OK.

What way would you have us go, given you have the choice?

I’m not confident we will recruit well and recruit enough to make up the gap in quality we would need to be able to play front foot football.

I personally didn’t have a problem with how we played under RK, well in that run of Home games at least.

But I think for the best chance of getting the crowd on side is your current higher pressing type approach.

Which should tie into being able to play younger players who a) can do it physically and b) are more malleable.

Although even using the team from the Leicester game, none of them would be against high energy approaches (Rooney legs aside) so don’t think it’d be a massive / impossible leap.