December 11, 2018, 04:48:09 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136646 times)

February 10, 2018, 11:19:48 PM
Reply #2025

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He's beaten:

Swansea H
Huddersfield H
Crystal Palace H
Leicester H
Newcastle A

I refuse to believe he was the only manager capable of doing that for us.

Yeah donít get me wrong I agree. But portraying him as a disaster here is unfair given the facts show weíve improved. Albeit from a very low place and nowhere near enough.

February 10, 2018, 11:20:58 PM
Reply #2026

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah donít get me wrong I agree. But portraying him as a disaster here is unfair given the facts show weíve improved. Albeit from a very low place and nowhere near enough.

I don't think anyone has said he's a disaster tbf.

He has just given us exactly what we expected we'd get from him.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 10, 2018, 11:22:53 PM
Reply #2027

KoemansNumberTens

Pre-Sam: 14 games, 15 points. 1.07 points per game.

Post-Sam: 13 games, 19 points. 1.46 points per game.

Thatís a 36% improvement.

Iím no fan, and heís no long term solution for me, but think a lot of the spewing bile and hatred in here is over the top.

People have absolutely refused to give him a chance. Even at the beginning when we were getting good results people were openingly admitting they were waiting for the results to turn so they could lay into him. Them were the people claiming to be giving him a chance too
We haven't been great under him but then we haven't been great for a long while. People making out he's damaged us while you point out we are averaging more under him. Others wanting to give unsworth the credit

It's ridiculous. By all means people can refuse to be open to him but claiming they are/were open while everything else they state show they weren't/aren't is just daft

He's done an okay job

February 10, 2018, 11:25:34 PM
Reply #2028

KoemansNumberTens

I don't think anyone has said he's a disaster tbf.

He has just given us exactly what we expected we'd get from him.

Have they not. People's comments on the subject suggest he's about to relegate a team of worldbeaters. His treatment has been ridiculous

February 10, 2018, 11:26:48 PM
Reply #2029

duncandisorderly

He's not the man to take us forward but he has more or less done what he was brought in to do, some of the stuff written at times is well over the top though.

February 10, 2018, 11:29:13 PM
Reply #2030

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
People have absolutely refused to give him a chance. Even at the beginning when we were getting good results people were openingly admitting they were waiting for the results to turn so they could lay into him. Them were the people claiming to be giving him a chance too
We haven't been great under him but then we haven't been great for a long while. People making out he's damaged us while you point out we are averaging more under him. Others wanting to give unsworth the credit

It's ridiculous. By all means people can refuse to be open to him but claiming they are/were open while everything else they state show they weren't/aren't is just daft

He's done an okay job

Issue is, for me, is that outside of the tough games Koeman got 7 points from 4 games.

We got beat, badly some times, in the tough games and that got him sacked.

Weíve done broadly similar since so itís hardly cause for celebration.

February 10, 2018, 11:34:14 PM
Reply #2031

gizzblue

Hes doing the very bare minimum required no more .. .its the shit he spouts about players that i hate him for .
Not to mention the horrible shithouse tactics that got us stung by a few teams ...and bullshit like the whole first signing nonsense ...

He's just not and never will be Everton as far as I'm concearned.
And once gone to fuck will be very quickly forgotten...and not missed.   
Born not made a blue .

February 10, 2018, 11:34:20 PM
Reply #2032

KoemansNumberTens

Issue is, for me, is that outside of the tough games Koeman got 7 points from 4 games.

We got beat, badly some times, in the tough games and that got him sacked.

Weíve done broadly similar since so itís hardly cause for celebration.

Not suggesting we should celebrate. It's been an okay start. An improvement. It should be seen as a small positive and buy him a little goodwill and a little more time. Instead we have people shouting "get out of our club" giving credit to unsworth (which is ridiculous) blaming him for pretty much everything. I mean look at the lookman situation. We all thought it was an odd move. He probably won't get the minutes he needs. Yet allardyce says it and he hates young players and he hates flair players. We've spent all season slagging the players off. Allardyce says it after Arsenal and he's a monster. Got a reaction today and won. Maybe what he said worked the gravy eating beast

February 10, 2018, 11:36:54 PM
Reply #2033

KoemansNumberTens

Hes doing the very bare minimum required no more .. .its the shit he spouts about players that i hate him for .
Not to mention the horrible shithouse tactics that got us stung by a few teams ...and bullshit like the whole first signing nonsense ...

He's just not and never will be Everton as far as I'm concearned.
And once gone to fuck will be very quickly forgotten...and not missed.   

Not Everton. Was Martinezs bullshit Everton? Was koemans indifference?
You admit you won't ever give him a reasonable chance. That's the issue with him so far. Not the actual performances or results or what he says. It's that people didn't want him in the first place

February 10, 2018, 11:39:41 PM
Reply #2034

Lxxx

You admit you won't ever give him a reasonable chance. That's the issue with him so far. Not the actual performances or results or what he says. It's that people didn't want him in the first place

Is that so wrong though?

February 10, 2018, 11:42:42 PM
Reply #2035

Ross

Pre-Sam: 14 games, 15 points. 1.07 points per game.

Post-Sam: 13 games, 19 points. 1.46 points per game.

Thatís a 36% improvement.

Iím no fan, and heís no long term solution for me, but think a lot of the spewing bile and hatred in here is over the top.

Didnít a lot of our pre Allardyce points come from Unsworth in a fraction of the games both Koeman and Allardyce have had?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 10, 2018, 11:44:59 PM
Reply #2036

KoemansNumberTens

Is that so wrong though?

That they won't give him a chance? I don't know. It depends on our options. Avram grant at Chelsea I can understand because they'll can go get proven instead. What's our option. Just another overpriced (at least at the time) punt on the next flavour of the month. Sacking another manager who's actually doing okay so early for anything but proven seems daft.
I think a small improvement we've had should buy him a little patience instead it seems to have almost got worse than it was when we appointed him.

People's reactions to the positives are just wait til the results turn. They reaction to the negatives is rabid. I really don't know what he's done to offend people so much.

February 10, 2018, 11:48:15 PM
Reply #2037

gizzblue

No his berating players to the press and the shithouse tactics since he came have steered me that way tbh.. I was willing to give him a chance I said here countless times unyil ...Wba Bournmouth games ....then his true colours shone through last week was his last rights no manager(or kid playing fifa) changes that many players from a winning side
Martinez tried and failed but knew what everton wanted and only for Koemans huge ego he couldve done well ...but he knew best.

You can by all means bang the drum for him ..good luck with that .
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:50:10 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

February 10, 2018, 11:51:30 PM
Reply #2038

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The performances haven't really improved we've just played worse sides.
His media talk is awful
The point a lot are making is that he seems to think he is doing us a favour when I'm reality, near enough anyone could have kept this squad up

Your gonna counter me with everyone's shite and the clubs shite but the reality is, the Premier league is actually shite, and there's plenty more shite than us than actually better than us
Simply simply lovely

February 10, 2018, 11:52:49 PM
Reply #2039

KoemansNumberTens

No his berating players to the press and the shithouse tactics since he came have steered me that way tbh.. I was willing to give him a chance I said here countless times unyil ...Wba Bournmouth games ....then his true colours shone through last week was his last rights no manager(or kid playing fifa) changes that many players from a winning side
Martinez tried and failed but knew what everton wanted and only for Koemans huge ego he couldve done well ...but he knew best.

You can by all means bang the drum for him ..good luck with that .

Martinez knew what Everton wanted? He was a lunatic who wouldn't get his teams to do the very basics of defending and physical fitness

So you were filling to give him a chance right up to a couple of poor results. I'm not sure that's really giving someone a chance. What you really mean is you were willing to bide your time. Nowt wrong with that but you need to own it. Don't make out that you've been fair.