December 12, 2018, 07:37:03 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136921 times)

January 30, 2018, 06:56:57 PM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

People thought the last bloke was a cunt and think the current bloke is a cunt. How long will we give the next bloke before we think he’s a cunt?

February 01, 2018, 05:06:25 PM
Reply #16

GrantyBoy78

Absolute bedlam on here when SA is still manager next season.

February 01, 2018, 08:31:50 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

Do you want him to still be here next season?
Nope. But he’s the manager and I’ll support him in what I consider very trying circumstances. I think we need an ‘organiser’ to get us through to the end of the season (I wanted Dyche) and I genuinely believe a ‘progressive’ flavour of the month manager would have seen us relegated by tying to implement a style of play that would be impossible, mid-season. Just my opinion.

I just don’t get grown men crying about Allardyce being manager every single day in every single thread. He’s not going anywhere and by saying you want him gone you’re basically saying you want Everton to lose.

February 02, 2018, 01:28:41 AM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

Just frightens me that we'll take another punt on the next Martinez, koeman or silva and cross our fingers
Moshiri had his fingers burnt with Koeman and has potentially dodged a bullet with Silva. I can see him sticking with Allerdyce until we’ve reached our potential/inevitable ceiling and then looking to improve from there in a year or two.

February 04, 2018, 01:50:41 AM
Reply #19

GrantyBoy78

I think Moshiri may have to put the rebuild of the club on hold as he's got himself in a pickle here with the Allardyce appointment. I can foresee him doing okay from here on in and staying next season, but changes happening above him and a mutual parting of the ways in 18 months. If we have to wait then so be it, we saw what a new manager and DoF starting at the same time did recently, we won't want to be making that mistake again anytime soon.
Yep. The whole Koeman/Walsh debacle has put us back 2 years.

February 11, 2018, 12:24:24 AM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

People have absolutely refused to give him a chance. Even at the beginning when we were getting good results people were openingly admitting they were waiting for the results to turn so they could lay into him. Them were the people claiming to be giving him a chance too
We haven't been great under him but then we haven't been great for a long while. People making out he's damaged us while you point out we are averaging more under him. Others wanting to give unsworth the credit

It's ridiculous. By all means people can refuse to be open to him but claiming they are/were open while everything else they state show they weren't/aren't is just daft

He's done an okay job
It all comes down to whether you thought we were in genuine trouble or not. I thought we were so was happy with the appointment of a ‘fire-fighter’. In an ideal world we’d have had someone progressive to come in to lay the foundation to hit the ground running next season.

February 13, 2018, 05:33:11 PM
Reply #21

GrantyBoy78

I still think there is a chance Moshiri will keep him on into next season. Moshiri has already spend tens of millions more than he anticipated on hiring/firing managers and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s questioning his own judgment after the way Koeman and Silva panned out. If Walsh can convince Moshiri to hire Allardyce, he can probably convince him to give Sam another season.

February 13, 2018, 08:49:11 PM
Reply #22

GrantyBoy78

Nah, I think the Mosh is looking for a Hollywood signing....or Silva.
I can totally imagine us (not so discreetly) tapping up loads of managers in the summer only to end up with Allardyce. I just want the manager of DoF sorted ASAP. I’d rather keep what we’ve got than get scrabbling around a week before the season starts. I just don’t trust the people in charge to make the right decisions.

March 02, 2018, 08:52:35 PM
Reply #23

GrantyBoy78

We assume. No-one knows the details of his contract. It could have been a 6 month one with an option of an extra year if certain criteria are met or any number of other clauses. We may have insisted on some protection after paying out £20m on two managers exit packages within 18 months. Point is no-one knows and nor should we care, as long as the Neanderthal is out of the club in May.
...maybe. But we were desperate and went back to him after all our other options failed to materialise. The ball was in his court.