October 19, 2018, 05:47:46 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 130954 times)

December 14, 2017, 04:07:42 AM
Read 130954 times

Martip

Credit where credits due....Big Sam has done bloody well so far and done even better than I anticipated. I don't see how anyone would be able to  complain about the job he's done even the people who against his appointment. He's not even been annoying in press conferences either....

December 24, 2017, 05:22:23 AM
Reply #1

Martip

Let's call a spade a spade....hes done a wonderful job given that we were  the 2nd worse team in the league when he took over.

Defensively we are much more compact and the spirit is good so the force is strong.

Of course people will say today was negative but truth be told Chelsea are a much better side than us so he did what he had to do....neccessity is the mother of invention and is rather play like that and get a draw than be open and lose 4 - 0.

December 31, 2017, 12:04:34 AM
Reply #2

Martip

Depressing like isn't it, seeing that team before the game and knowing we're not gonna win. But then you see Rooney and Bolasie come on and look way off the pace. Niasse as well, who was involved in the goal yes, but we all know he's a poor player.

Whatever you think of the manager, it's the quality of the squad that is the the real reason we're this shit. We've had 3 managers this season and it's the least shit we've been.

Without a fit Rooney today, we needed Schneiderlin to be on his game and start moves off. He was dreadful.

5 of our outfield players are good enough for a top 7 side; 2 of them are massively underperforming (Keane & Schneiderlin), 1 is unfit (Rooney) and the other two are Sigurdson and Gueye.

It's utter negligence, from Walsh I presume, to be left with:

Kenny - too young
Martina - shit
Jags - too old
Williams - ok with a good manager, but not good enough
Baines - always injured and well past his best
Holgate - too young
Davies - will be very good but still too young
DCL - too young
Niasse - shit
McCarthy - shit and always injured
Besic - shit
Mirallas - shit
Lookman - raw
Sandro - has been shit every time I've watched him play
Klassen - not PL ready (although hasn't had much of a chance)
Lennon - can't knock his effort, but he has his limitations

Not sure what the score is with Vlasic, I've always thought he looks a good player.

5 of Bournemouth's players today would get into our team. The 2 strikers, the 2 fullbacks and Ake. They were 19th in the table. Rooney and Sigurdson are carrying us, so if they don't both have a worldy we're fucked.
True says.

February 04, 2018, 04:55:50 PM
Reply #3

Martip

I 've been backing him since his arrival as felt he deserved  time given the shit he took over but some his his recent decisions have baffled me.

I can't for the life of me work out why he 1. Plays Morgan and 2. Didn't sell him for the reported 20m moyes was offering. I mean he offers nothing to this team- We look no more solid with him in there and his sideways 2m passes give us nothing going forward.....the young lad who came in under unsworth looked a better option as does Davies.

The next issue is formation....hes now starting to get it wrong every game....far too negative even against the crap teams like west brom....yesterday was a joke and it was plainly obvious we'd get tonked after the team sheets were announced.

What's really pissing me off though is his constant not taking responsibility for his actions and blaming the players.. ..yes they have to take responsibility but so does he and his constant slagging off players is impacting confidence.

He also can't have it both ways...for example he makes everyone aware what a great job he's doing when he's winning and a signing comes off like Walcott  (although was a no brainer for me)but when we lose  its the players fault And nowt to do with him.

Similarly if a signing doesn't come off it's their fault (like cenk so far who was his choice and the best player at that price in his words a few weeks ago). This sort of behaviour doesn't exactly endear us to prospective players or top young talent and reeks of arrogance.

February 05, 2018, 04:57:06 AM
Reply #4

Martip

I would still let Bainesy player/manage out the season, I just think it would be awesome.  Who would want to let him down, FFS?
Have you been drinking ?

February 11, 2018, 01:39:10 AM
Reply #5

Martip

It all comes down to whether you thought we were in genuine trouble or not. I thought we were so was happy with the appointment of a ‘fire-fighter’. In an ideal world we’d have had someone progressive to come in to lay the foundation to hit the ground running next season.
Really split on this one tbh. On one hand he has had some shocker like the arsenal game where we were as bad as i can ever remember....then I look at the table and think how much safer we look. I know people say any monkey could have kept us up but that isn't true we were absolutely dreadful and arguably the worst team in the league at the time. I'm literally split.

February 11, 2018, 02:14:30 AM
Reply #6

Martip

If anyone actually thinks allerdyce is doing an ok job, and for that deserves our support. They can fuck off.
We have had some real shit managing our club , people who should never have got the opportunity. Sam is one of those.
 Don't believe me? Scheiderlin...says it all, not put a fucking shift in at all this season. Yet gets picked . The arsenal game summed Sam up for me, winning team split, and the defence ? Fuck...how many times do we have to see a back 3 that does not work, before the message gets through. We don't have the players . We have a poor right back at left back. Despite needing a left back for how long? For one manager to fail to address this is bad. For two it's pathetic.
 Another reason to distrust Sam.
He gets abuse because he comes across as arrogant. He does not get the club,  the fans or the team.
And some of the comments he comes out with..fuck me..is  it any wonder he gets abuse?
MORE BORING?

Ffs, he is Making himself indefensible.
He has to go, and sooner the better. Moshiri has to get it right, new.manager and dof. No excuses, no room for error.
Not saying he's been brilliant but feels a bit harsh given the mess he inherited.

February 25, 2018, 01:41:24 AM
Reply #7

Martip

Gotta say he's getting on my tits

February 25, 2018, 03:37:06 AM
Reply #8

Martip

I’ll put my hands up and admit I thought he’d do ok, how wrong I was he’s a fucking gimp
To a certain extent this. Think he was brought in to keep us up as we were in serious trouble regardless of people downplaying it. We should stay up but I've gotta say we 've been really shit again.

March 03, 2018, 08:12:24 PM
Reply #9

Martip

I'm sold on fucking him off now. Terrible.

March 03, 2018, 09:09:16 PM
Reply #10

Martip

There's a good team in this squad somewhere I am certain of it, they have been mismanaged by three consecutive Managers now though and that's hard to recover from
I think this wishful thinking there isn't a good team in there.