September 24, 2018, 10:33:00 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127749 times)

February 11, 2018, 02:11:46 AM
Reply #2055

KoemansNumberTens

£6m for Ok?

It's the going rate. He came into a mess only just had a transfer window. What were people expecting had silva come in?? We just aren't that good. He's done a reasonable job

I think my point isn't so much that people shouldn't have a discussion as to if we could/should get a better manager and who that might be. It's more the venom around allardyce isn't reflective of the job he's doing. Niasse is doing okay. If I kept saying I hate him and he should get out my club you'd all think I was a lunatic.

If we can do better than allardyce or Walsh or any of the players or moshiri I'd absolutely love us to. I just don't understand the hatred. His treatment simply isn't what his performances deserve

February 11, 2018, 02:14:30 AM
Reply #2056

Martip

If anyone actually thinks allerdyce is doing an ok job, and for that deserves our support. They can fuck off.
We have had some real shit managing our club , people who should never have got the opportunity. Sam is one of those.
 Don't believe me? Scheiderlin...says it all, not put a fucking shift in at all this season. Yet gets picked . The arsenal game summed Sam up for me, winning team split, and the defence ? Fuck...how many times do we have to see a back 3 that does not work, before the message gets through. We don't have the players . We have a poor right back at left back. Despite needing a left back for how long? For one manager to fail to address this is bad. For two it's pathetic.
 Another reason to distrust Sam.
He gets abuse because he comes across as arrogant. He does not get the club,  the fans or the team.
And some of the comments he comes out with..fuck me..is  it any wonder he gets abuse?
MORE BORING?

Ffs, he is Making himself indefensible.
He has to go, and sooner the better. Moshiri has to get it right, new.manager and dof. No excuses, no room for error.
Not saying he's been brilliant but feels a bit harsh given the mess he inherited.

February 11, 2018, 02:14:58 AM
Reply #2057

sirblue57

It's the going rate. He came into a mess only just had a transfer window. What were people expecting had silva come in?? We just aren't that good. He's done a reasonable job

I think my point isn't so much that people shouldn't have a discussion as to if we could/should get a better manager and who that might be. It's more the venom around allardyce isn't reflective of the job he's doing. Niasse is doing okay. If I kept saying I hate him and he should get out my club you'd all think I was a lunatic.

If we can do better than allardyce or Walsh or any of the players or moshiri I'd absolutely love us to. I just don't understand the hatred. His treatment simply isn't what his performances deserve
His treatment may be down to his big mouth. Comments about players, being more.boring,team selection. Performances.
I can understand why people want him to fail. I have not said to much before today, because I fully expected him to do what he has done.
His ego is his Achilles heel.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 11, 2018, 02:16:27 AM
Reply #2058

SANA_DR0

Thatís booing the team or the sub.

Canít remember instances of booing the individual coming on.

the booing of the team was when Schneiderlin had the ball and played the ball backwards again and again, he was booed alot more than any other player that night.

yes booing the sub, well not the sub, booing the manager as we where 1-0 behind and had 1 striker on the pitch, who we where taking off to replace with another striker... the fans saw this as negative.. hence the booing..

surely Sam has gotten the vibe from Goodison, but i guess not, he decided to keep Schneiderlin when almost everyone wanted him gone at Goodison, whenever he got the ball in the last month-6 weeks, there has been nervousness and vocal disdain at him being on the pitch... I said a few weeks back the Atmosphere at Goodison v Leicester was amazing..
but all of that went through Big Sams Big Head... it's more shocking that a manager who gets over 6million quid a year cant tell which players and which tactics turn the Goodison faithful off
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

February 11, 2018, 02:17:00 AM
Reply #2059

KoemansNumberTens

If anyone actually thinks allerdyce is doing an ok job, and for that deserves our support. They can fuck off.
We have had some real shit managing our club , people who should never have got the opportunity. Sam is one of those.
 Don't believe me? Scheiderlin...says it all, not put a fucking shift in at all this season. Yet gets picked . The arsenal game summed Sam up for me, winning team split, and the defence ? Fuck...how many times do we have to see a back 3 that does not work, before the message gets through. We don't have the players . We have a poor right back at left back. Despite needing a left back for how long? For one manager to fail to address this is bad. For two it's pathetic.
 Another reason to distrust Sam.
He gets abuse because he comes across as arrogant. He does not get the club,  the fans or the team.
And some of the comments he comes out with..fuck me..is  it any wonder he gets abuse?
MORE BORING?

Ffs, he is Making himself indefensible.
He has to go, and sooner the better. Moshiri has to get it right, new.manager and dof. No excuses, no room for error.

I really don't get this doesn't get us nonsense. What's to fucking get. We want to play pretty football like everyone and we want to win stuff like everyone.

People liked Martinez cos he fed us utter bullshit. He only got us when we were winning. He was full of excuses when we lost. Did Moyes get us?? Did koeman?? What's to get? I genuinely don't know.

Have we had a manager ever who's been given so little rope with the fans. Let's not pretend us getting hammered off Arsenal is the problem. People's problem is they didn't want him.

February 11, 2018, 02:18:54 AM
Reply #2060

sirblue57

Not saying he's been brilliant but feels a bit harsh given the mess he inherited.
He had bought a striker and won't play him.
He has failed to bring in a left back.
People were quick to criticise unsworth, yet he didn't have a transfer window to help him.
Sam is an experienced manager, so even less excuse for him.
Maybe if he didn't open his mouth so much, if he just got on with his job, people would give him more respect.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 11, 2018, 02:19:42 AM
Reply #2061

Mayor Farnum

Should the manager really be given credit for beating crystal palace at home?

We've also had some really poor performances against some really poor team as well.

He's already shown he's not the manager to take us forward so it's all about trying to get 7th (which should be the target) and getting the right man in the summer.

Maybe, considering it's our first home win against them for 3 seasons.

February 11, 2018, 02:23:36 AM
Reply #2062

KoemansNumberTens

He had bought a striker and won't play him.
He has failed to bring in a left back.
People were quick to criticise unsworth, yet he didn't have a transfer window to help him.
Sam is an experienced manager, so even less excuse for him.
Maybe if he didn't open his mouth so much, if he just got on with his job, people would give him more respect.

Genuine question can you tell me a few of the things he's said that's offended you so much. Is this just about him slating the players after the Arsenal game? Saying lookman shouldn't have gone on loan to be a bitpart player?

February 11, 2018, 02:36:15 AM
Reply #2063

Lxxx

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:38:02 AM by Lxxx »

February 11, 2018, 02:48:25 AM
Reply #2064

sam of the south

Apart from today and about 30 mins against Leicester the performances have been truly dire.

On a par or worse than Koeman dire, and that is saying something.

400 minutes without a shot on target dire.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 11, 2018, 02:51:21 AM
Reply #2065

74Blue

TWAT!
Head, shoulders, knees and toes!
What the fuck are those?

Even considering wearing fucking red socks should be deemed a sackable offence whilst you are the incumbent in the Everton hot seat. Wearing fucking hideous pasties as well? That should be enough for a public harpooning of the fat cunt!

February 11, 2018, 02:54:25 AM
Reply #2066

Bluedylan

Average manager, conceited man with a grubby little-Englander attitude, at a club that's far too big for his small-time approach. Looking forward to his departure with great anticipation.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 11, 2018, 03:12:53 AM
Reply #2067

Normm

Apart from today and about 30 mins against Leicester the performances have been truly dire.

On a par or worse than Koeman dire, and that is saying something.

400 minutes without a shot on target dire.

To be fair, the set-up he inherited from Unsworth's last game against West Ham worked well and had good results ...until he started swapping and changing. Thankfully, there are still leaders on the pitch, like Sigs, Jags, Rooney and Coleman. Everton needs continuity with team selections and formations. The set-up against Arsenal invited trouble from the off - too many changes and players with little form or confidence being asked to play in unfamiliar roles alongside each other. The manager just blaming the players and not himself was not acceptable. Today was better, but Keene alongside Mangala was a recipe for trouble - and so it proved. It was a relief to see him limp off (sorry to say) because he needs time to adjust.

February 11, 2018, 03:16:14 AM
Reply #2068

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How is Mangla going to be able to adjust if heís limping off injured?

He looks off defensively but he needs some time to grow into the team. Wasnít happy he came off injured.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

February 11, 2018, 03:28:01 AM
Reply #2069

Lxxx

Give me these 2 incidents of corruption he's been found guilty of.

Are these incidents the issue? Would you have a problem if it was someone you deemed a better manager

He was sacked as national team manager for matters unrelated to football. Anyone who saw the undercover interview knows it smelt rotten and although he'll say he didn't break any FA rules he gave it the big un and got caught out.
Pretty sure there have been instances over the years about players being put under pressure by him to change agents to the same one as him, presumably for kickbacks, but I'm out at the minute so I can't check for details.

Anyway, yes maybe the corruption may have been overlooked had he been the purveyor of good football and decent character but he doesn't and he isn't. They're all factors which together build the narrative of a man who I dislike and I think as a club we should be aiming a little higher than the gutter, especially if we have ambitions to rise above the mediocrity which we've found ourselves in during recent years.