June 24, 2018, 06:27:33 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 116937 times)

February 11, 2018, 03:44:35 AM
Reply #2070

gizzblue

He was sacked as national team manager for matters unrelated to football. Anyone who saw the undercover interview knows it smelt rotten and although he'll say he didn't break any FA rules he gave it the big un and got caught out.
Pretty sure there have been instances over the years about players being put under pressure by him to change agents to the same one as him, presumably for kickbacks, but I'm out at the minute so I can't check for details.

Anyway, yes maybe the corruption may have been overlooked had he been the purveyor of good football and decent character but he doesn't and he isn't. They're all factors which together build the narrative of a man who I dislike and I think as a club we should be aiming a little higher than the gutter, especially if we have ambitions to rise above the mediocrity which we've found ourselves in during recent years.
Nakata ,El habsi,  tal ben haim transfers involving his son getting weighed in bungs ?....allegedly obvs. ...and Ravel Morrison was the other more recent England problem as I recall.

February 11, 2018, 04:03:32 AM
Reply #2071

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Is it just me or is it a bit weird that  @KoemansNumberTens is throwing a wobbler because people are exaggerating someoneís shitness (or, a bit crapness)? 🤔

February 11, 2018, 05:24:42 AM
Reply #2072

Redartin

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/roy-hodgson-reveals-sam-allardyce-12005434

Always wanted Aldardyce to manage teams I didn't like so that I could hate them both as one big package.

So from the outset I hated the fact that he manages the team I support. I want this fucker to fail, and fail miserably, yet I want the team to do well, so there is a huge conflict there.

There is a thing called respect, which you earn. In my eyes he never had any prior to coming here, and he has done nothing since to change that.

I don't mind being disrespectful and calling him a fat cunt, especially when I see that he mocks someone with a speech impediment.

What angers me more is I've just watched the arrogant prick being interviewed on MotD talking about planning for next season. God forbid.

February 11, 2018, 05:31:52 AM
Reply #2073

mikey_blue

Mail on Sunday reporting that were after Paulo Fonseca, the sexy twat.

February 11, 2018, 07:11:26 AM
Reply #2074

gizzblue

Mail on Sunday reporting that were after Paulo Fonseca, the sexy twat.
I hope this is not just a typical bollocks "fail" story from them.

This is the type we need progressive not Neanderthal like the gravy swigger.

February 11, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
Reply #2075

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
My problem with him is him thinking we  a lower mid table team and that we have to be thankful he is here to save us. Save us from what???? We easily should be finishing seventh and challenging the top 6. Not being whipped every time we play half decent opposition.

There is no point keeping somebody in the job that doesn't believe in achieving anything but avoiding relegation.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 11, 2018, 11:07:17 AM
Reply #2076

bluenuck

My problem with him is him thinking we  a lower mid table team and that we have to be thankful he is here to save us. Save us from what???? We easily should be finishing seventh and challenging the top 6. Not being whipped every time we play half decent opposition.

There is no point keeping somebody in the job that doesn't believe in achieving anything but avoiding relegation.

I have to respectfully disagree. We're not that good of a team. We're unbalanced on the field(especially before January buys). We're unbalanced in our squad re: age with very few peaking players combined with old and to young players. And we have a few mercenary type players on our team who really don't give a fuck.

We're at best a 7th place team that is actually quite far off the top 6.

February 11, 2018, 11:33:07 AM
Reply #2077

KoemansNumberTens

Is it just me or is it a bit weird that  @KoemansNumberTens is throwing a wobbler because people are exaggerating someoneís shitness (or, a bit crapness)? 🤔

I'm not throwing a wobbler. Also my issue really isn't that people think he's shit it's the venom. Like you say there's plenty I think are shit, most even. I'm forever pulled up on it too. I don't hate any of them though. I don't scream get out my club with every poor performance

Honestly I just really don't get the hatred for the likes of williams, Morgan and Martina and that's 10 fold for allardyce. No problem with anyone thinking they are shit. They probably all are. None of them are out to get us though. None of them are doing it on purpose.

February 11, 2018, 01:29:14 PM
Reply #2078

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I have to respectfully disagree. We're not that good of a team. We're unbalanced on the field(especially before January buys). We're unbalanced in our squad re: age with very few peaking players combined with old and to young players. And we have a few mercenary type players on our team who really don't give a fuck.

You may be right but that doesn't excuse giving up against anybody better than you and rollling over for mauling after mauling.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 11, 2018, 01:52:40 PM
Reply #2079

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not throwing a wobbler. Also my issue really isn't that people think he's shit it's the venom. Like you say there's plenty I think are shit, most even. I'm forever pulled up on it too. I don't hate any of them though. I don't scream get out my club with every poor performance

Honestly I just really don't get the hatred for the likes of williams, Morgan and Martina and that's 10 fold for allardyce. No problem with anyone thinking they are shit. They probably all are. None of them are out to get us though. None of them are doing it on purpose.

Yeah people use words, some arenít ideal. But is there really much difference in people saying something about drinking gravy (not actually my kind of humour if Iím honest) or Martinas left foot and you not sleeping for 3 days after we signed Sigurdsson? When it comes to trade deals you tend to be in and around Trump levels with regard to overreacting.

Personal opinion, I canít wait for Allardyce to leave. I have absolutely no idea what he brings to the table and weíre still on the ratio of me actually enjoying 1 game in 10. This may be biased, I actually thing itís a combination of playing a shot team and him fluking that 1 in 10. For like 15+ years Iíve watched his sides play dire football. Canít be arsed with him.

February 11, 2018, 02:19:29 PM
Reply #2080

Lxxx

I donít see why how far we are off 6th is relevant.
We should be finishing 7th with this squad and any competent manager would be thinking that way.

Allardyce is just doing what he does best which is lowering expectations so he looks like a saviour. Itís transparent, itís neanderthal and itís why he was never the right appointment for us. 

February 11, 2018, 02:23:37 PM
Reply #2081

Rodenplav64

Still conceded far to many chances to a woefully under strength Palace . An in form Benteke would have put us to bed . Rooney should be in that position till the end of the season and there is no need for our saviour to change that system hpme or away . That way we can at least settle on a style of play ( style being a misnoma with Allardyce in charge ) before we sack him in May .

February 11, 2018, 03:08:07 PM
Reply #2082

eyesalwaysblue

Don't think there is any such thing as an Allardyce fan especially at Everton  because his appointment represented failure at our club on so many levels, after our expectations were raised so high being suddenly in the money and all that.. Was quite happy until the Arsenal team was announced which smacked of not even trying to get owt from a game, which should never happen.. We'll never know if Unsworth could have done the same job as Sam has done, but at least we're in a better position in the league and i hope he's woke up to the fact we expect a lot more from the rest of the season than he announced this week, his statement writing off this 1 and looking forward to next confirms Sams own gob causes most of his problems..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 11, 2018, 03:13:17 PM
Reply #2083

eugene

Head, shoulders, knees and toes!
What the fuck are those?

Even considering wearing fucking red socks should be deemed a sackable offence whilst you are the incumbent in the Everton hot seat. Wearing fucking hideous pasties as well? That should be enough for a public harpooning of the fat cunt!
They are horrendous shoes to be fair look like loake monk shoes which arenít cheap but the man just got no class

February 11, 2018, 03:13:48 PM
Reply #2084

Hannibal Lecter

A good manager use the players he's got and make the sum greater than the parts.
An ok manager makes his squad perform as expected.
Adapt your tactics and style to to your players available.

The man who is in charge for tactics and style at Everton right now just won't accept that. It's his tactics and style no matter what. He should look to the squad, unbalanced or not, and use it accordingly. He's showing no signs of that.

I don't believe our squad is particularly bad, it might be somewhat unbalanced but not to point that our ambition should be to just avoid relegation. It's easily good enough for top 10 and a cup run of some sort. That means we should be able to CHALLENGE for top 6. Right now we are showing no ambition or signs of doing that.

And that is down to current team selector.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:20:18 PM by Hannibal Lecter »
JŲnkŲpings SŲdra IF