September 23, 2018, 01:36:29 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 127418 times)

February 11, 2018, 03:24:54 PM
Reply #2085

AllyBlue14

I donít see why how far we are off 6th is relevant.
We should be finishing 7th with this squad and any competent manager would be thinking that way.

Allardyce is just doing what he does best which is lowering expectations so he looks like a saviour. Itís transparent, itís neanderthal and itís why he was never the right appointment for us. 

What were our expectations when he came in? Or when Koeman was sacked?

Because following that Southampton drubbing, any talk of 7th was just fantasy.

February 11, 2018, 03:46:23 PM
Reply #2086

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Quite funny on MOTD how when asked about his home record it was him saying 17 points in 8 games, no doubt accidentally including a game where he wasnít manager.

Then when asked about the away record he talked about the away form over the last 2 years.

Itís not the most endearing of traits.

February 11, 2018, 03:49:34 PM
Reply #2087

Bluedylan

Quite funny on MOTD how when asked about his home record it was him saying 17 points in 8 games, no doubt accidentally including a game where he wasn’t manager.

Then when asked about the away record he talked about the away form over the last 2 years.

It’s not the most endearing of traits.

He's shameless. A tiny bit of humility and self awareness goes a long way sometimes.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 11, 2018, 04:00:58 PM
Reply #2088

KoemansNumberTens

A good manager use the players he's got and make the sum greater than the parts.
An ok manager makes his squad perform as expected.
Adapt your tactics and style to to your players available.

The man who is in charge for tactics and style at Everton right now just won't accept that. It's his tactics and style no matter what. He should look to the squad, unbalanced or not, and use it accordingly. He's showing no signs of that.

I don't believe our squad is particularly bad, it might be somewhat unbalanced but not to point that our ambition should be to just avoid relegation. It's easily good enough for top 10 and a cup run of some sort. That means we should be able to CHALLENGE for top 6. Right now we are showing no ambition or signs of doing that.

And that is down to current team selector.

It's down to allardyce that we aren't challenging the top 6? Anyone know how many points behind the top 6 we were last season? How many points behind the top 6 we were when he arrived?

February 11, 2018, 04:13:25 PM
Reply #2089

sirblue57

Everybody knew the team was unbalanced, we needed a striker, left back, attacking midfielder and playmakers. He has bought a striker that he won't play. What about the other positions?
His "tactics" are a joke. Or would be if they were an opposing teams, his comments are sometimes disgraceful, sometimes inflammatory.
He has no class, no redeeming qualities and no god given right to be immune from irate supporters demanding better.
It's up to the board to get this right. They have overseen mistake after mistake from both managers and that dof.
The supporters of this club deserve better, and they have the right to demand better.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 11, 2018, 04:21:06 PM
Reply #2090

Bob Sacamano

Quite funny on MOTD how when asked about his home record it was him saying 17 points in 8 games, no doubt accidentally including a game where he wasnít manager.

Itís not the most endearing of traits.

We all know people like this. None of us like them.

I like that that they actually mentioned his bullshit after him trying it on.

February 11, 2018, 04:21:49 PM
Reply #2091

AllyBlue14

Everybody knew the team was unbalanced, we needed a striker, left back, attacking midfielder and playmakers. He has bought a striker that he won't play. What about the other positions?
His "tactics" are a joke. Or would be if they were an opposing teams, his comments are sometimes disgraceful, sometimes inflammatory.
He has no class, no redeeming qualities and no god given right to be immune from irate supporters demanding better.
It's up to the board to get this right. They have overseen mistake after mistake from both managers and that dof.
The supporters of this club deserve better, and they have the right to demand better.

So you're essentially saying he should have bought an entire new squad in January?

February 11, 2018, 04:36:20 PM
Reply #2092

sirblue57

So you're essentially saying he should have bought an entire new squad in January?
We needed 4 players. He bought one and won't play him, and the other is Walcott. So where did I say an entire new squad?
A left back has been needed for a while, yet neither our dof or manager can find one, even on loan.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 11, 2018, 04:39:18 PM
Reply #2093

Lxxx

You kind of get the feeling he thinks Evertonians are thick and he knows best because he's been in the game since moustaches were in fashion.

Horrible man with an ego the size of his stomach.

February 11, 2018, 04:53:59 PM
Reply #2094

gizzblue

You kind of get the feeling he thinks Evertonians are thick and he knows best because he's been in the game since moustaches were in fashion.

Koemans ego was vast ....but Sams is a monster.

February 11, 2018, 05:02:44 PM
Reply #2095

eyesalwaysblue

I think he's learning fast Evertonians are far from thick, hence the "there's more to football than 15 people arguing on the net" comment, but he's shown now he hasn't learned a thing even after the England sting, If he thinks picking a team nobody would have picked then calling it terrible was great management before picking the strongest everybody knows we have yesterday, he really is still the tosser most feared he still was..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 11, 2018, 05:04:08 PM
Reply #2096

BlueForYou

Stand by for the ego of Paulo "Zorro" Fonseca

The Fonz! Happy Days?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 11, 2018, 05:14:02 PM
Reply #2097

eyesalwaysblue

If we have the bottle to ditch Sam would like to see our wagons circle Swansea again and pinch Carlo, It's early days but very impressive up to now what he's doing there..

February 11, 2018, 05:16:21 PM
Reply #2098

Juanito

He's shameless. A tiny bit of humility and self awareness goes a long way sometimes.

Unfortunately, self awareness is not something he has in his locker or will be able to use. A sense of omnipotence and narcissism on the other hand....

February 11, 2018, 05:27:28 PM
Reply #2099

eyesalwaysblue

Out Sam 4.20 punchestown today 14/1.....