December 19, 2018, 03:08:54 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 138243 times)

February 11, 2018, 05:57:19 PM
Reply #2100

gizzblue

Out Sam 4.20 punchestown today 14/1.....
Good old Paddyp gave me an extra place bet too😅
Born not made a blue .

February 11, 2018, 06:03:05 PM
Reply #2101

Mayor Farnum

If we have the bottle to ditch Sam would like to see our wagons circle Swansea again and pinch Carlo, It's early days but very impressive up to now what he's doing there..

Hahaha!

February 11, 2018, 06:43:26 PM
Reply #2102

Ravardo

If we have the bottle to ditch Sam would like to see our wagons circle Swansea again and pinch Carlo, It's early days but very impressive up to now what he's doing there..

Quite surprised no one else has given him a mention yet he's on quite good run isnt he...A non prem manager comes in and beats liverpool,arsenal and burnley on the bounce

February 11, 2018, 06:43:57 PM
Reply #2103

Macca77

Out Sam 4.20 punchestown today 14/1.....

Falls at the first, Sam Out

February 11, 2018, 08:05:03 PM
Reply #2104

eyesalwaysblue

Quite surprised no one else has given him a mention yet he's on quite good run isnt he...A non prem manager comes in and beats liverpool,arsenal and burnley on the bounce
Interesting character, love his post match interviews, his Liverpool one about no use having a Ferrari if it's locked in the garage was boss....
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 11, 2018, 08:08:56 PM
Reply #2105

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Let's see if he does a decent job next season, he feels very much flavour of the day
Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2018, 08:24:37 PM
Reply #2106

Dr. Sponge

My main gripe against Allardyce is he's flapped it with his team selection in a few games, namely Spurs, Arsenal and Bournemouth. But our biggest problems run deeper than the manager.

Whilst we can certainly do better than Allardyce, it's the position we found ourselves in which led to this before his appointment that needs looking at. Look how tight it is in the bottom half of the table now, without that run of games we had we when we tightened up at the back, then we'd be right in there too. So I wasn't too displeased with his appointment at the time because we were that bad at the time.

It's our transfer business that's left us much worse off, and left us short in a few positions. It's unclear who's to blame because of the DoF system we have now, but the buck stops at Moshiri and he needs to get his shit together for next season. Obviously he's the one writing the cheques for our club, so he's not the villain but he needs to overhaul the team making the football decisions.

Because Bolasie 30m, Klassen 25m, Tosun 27m (not writing him off but that's a lot of money to throw at someone who isn't ready when we're desperate), Sandro, not replacing Barry, not signing a left back, a weak centre of defence. If we want to break the top 6 these are the things that the club need to get right.

February 11, 2018, 09:03:15 PM
Reply #2107

eyesalwaysblue

Let's see if he does a decent job next season, he feels very much flavour of the day
If he carries on we won't get a sniff after another year, he has something about him though, maybe take a brave punt..

February 11, 2018, 09:28:31 PM
Reply #2108

KoemansNumberTens

If he carries on we won't get a sniff after another year, he has something about him though, maybe take a brave punt..

Is this the guy who got sacked by Sheffield Wednesday a couple of months ago?

February 11, 2018, 09:29:55 PM
Reply #2109

Lxxx

Yep. All going a bit loopy in here.

February 11, 2018, 09:32:13 PM
Reply #2110

eyesalwaysblue

Yes it's looking like a good move for him.

February 11, 2018, 09:34:03 PM
Reply #2111

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He didn't have something at sheff weds tho did he
Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2018, 09:47:31 PM
Reply #2112

eyesalwaysblue

Fuckinell nail my bollocks to the wall for putting a suggestion up...no wonder Sam hates the 15 internet nimbies...

February 11, 2018, 09:48:35 PM
Reply #2113

Bluedylan

Got them to the playoffs twice, but couldn't quite get them over the line, and then things went backwards (which often happens). They proper loved him, before it went a bit stale.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 11, 2018, 09:48:41 PM
Reply #2114

Mayor Farnum

Yes it's looking like a good move for him.
Always best to give him a good month before making any snap decisions.