June 22, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 116410 times)

February 13, 2018, 10:38:09 PM
Reply #2160

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think anybody really expected us to break top four, top six maybe ... but either way a small improvement on last year Would ve been the target ... but to fuck about sacking a manager with no idea who to bring in ,then hiring shite Walsh(last year),Sam this...players not being scouted properly others left to go but no being replaced ...and the whole left back debacle .....is just piss poor management at every level, to go as far backwards off the field as we have is utter shit, money or no money .

And the fans have every right to expect better .no?.
I'm not arguing that everything is rosy, it isn't.  And once again, Sam would not be my first choice of manager. The fact is we could be 7th after the next game and that is fact, not opinion.
I just keep asking for more balanced objective debate and 'shite ' is not objective or balanced, it's an insult,  yes, but life, including football life, is more complex than assessments like that.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 13, 2018, 10:48:48 PM
Reply #2161

Ross

Iíve said it before and thereís still nothing coming out to change my mind I reckon heíll get next season as well. In my opinion itíd take something drastic now to see him released this summer.

Donít think thereís any appetite from within to go searching for our 4th manager in less than two years at present. I just canít see what makes people so confident itíll happen giving all the backing heís had since he came in, his contract length, his bonuses, the free hand to redesign the squad, the gushing praise from Moshiri at the AGM....none of it looks like a short 6 month fire fighting appointment.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 14, 2018, 12:06:58 AM
Reply #2162

Lxxx

If a more attractive option comes along he'll be gone. If we can't get our first few targets then he'll stay.

February 14, 2018, 12:47:53 AM
Reply #2163

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I still think there is a chance Moshiri will keep him on into next season. Moshiri has already spend tens of millions more than he anticipated on hiring/firing managers and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s questioning his own judgment after the way Koeman and Silva panned out. If Walsh can convince Moshiri to hire Allardyce, he can probably convince him to give Sam another season.

NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME

We’re going to be worse than ever.

‘We only have a short window to establish ourselves..’

As a truly shite side.

Just can’t marry the messages out the club and the big Sam reign. Fonseca in imo.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:31:24 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 12:50:57 AM
Reply #2164

bogie

NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME

We’re going to be worse than ever.

‘We only have a short window to establish ourselves..’

As a truly shite side.

Just can’t marry the messages out don je club and the big Sam rein. Fonseca in imo.

I bet you used to stamp you feet in the toy shop as a kid

February 14, 2018, 12:53:26 AM
Reply #2165

gizzblue

Irony impairment much .😅.

February 14, 2018, 01:31:43 AM
Reply #2166

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Still do lid
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
Reply #2167

Paddockoldie

His latest comments about having to rotate the squad over Christmas shows he's a bluff merchant. Team fails, not his fault because he was forced to change the team.  Team wins, he claims the credit. Look at the teams above us Sam.. they played the same amount of games, if not more and kept the same sides barring injury etc... Billy bullshitter just like Martinez and Koeman. At least Unsy acknowledged his weakness and failures. Get safe and get shut

February 14, 2018, 04:53:39 PM
Reply #2168

bogie

fun fact it took us 13 years to get a win V crystal palace at home and it took a Big Sam team to do it

February 14, 2018, 05:04:33 PM
Reply #2169

sirblue57

fun fact it took us 13 years to get a win V crystal palace at home and it took a Big Sam team to do it

Your point is?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 14, 2018, 05:30:51 PM
Reply #2170

Rodenplav64

I'm not arguing that everything is rosy, it isn't.  And once again, Sam would not be my first choice of manager. The fact is we could be 7th after the next game and that is fact, not opinion.
I just keep asking for more balanced objective debate and 'shite ' is not objective or balanced, it's an insult,  yes, but life, including football life, is more complex than assessments like that.

Shame we will get nowhere near the 61 points that saw us finish 7th last season . Shame the massive outlay , despite what could be our finishing position of 7th , has seen us go backwards . It just highlights how poor the league outside the now top 6 has become . That is not Allardyces fault but the bloke deserves zero credit for anything other than keeping us standing still in terms of finishing position .

February 14, 2018, 05:31:46 PM
Reply #2171

Macca77

They were in the championship for about 10 of them

February 14, 2018, 05:32:28 PM
Reply #2172

Gash

Global Moderator

Sounds impressive until you realise we've only played them 5 times at home over that period and the only two defeats were classic Martinez 3-2 games.

February 14, 2018, 05:32:51 PM
Reply #2173

Rodenplav64

I’ve said it before and there’s still nothing coming out to change my mind I reckon he’ll get next season as well. In my opinion it’d take something drastic now to see him released this summer.

Don’t think there’s any appetite from within to go searching for our 4th manager in less than two years at present. I just can’t see what makes people so confident it’ll happen giving all the backing he’s had since he came in, his contract length, his bonuses, the free hand to redesign the squad, the gushing praise from Moshiri at the AGM....none of it looks like a short 6 month fire fighting appointment.

It hurt reading that .

February 14, 2018, 05:45:22 PM
Reply #2174

Cereal Killer

5-1 defeat at Arsenal is our biggest there since 2005, thus making Sam our worst manager in 13 years

Do love using some random stat as a basis for an argument