June 25, 2018, 03:47:53 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 117040 times)

February 14, 2018, 05:45:27 PM
Reply #2175

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
fun fact it took us 13 years to get a win V crystal palace at home and it took a Big Sam team to do it

You've reminded me to book the day off work for the parade.

February 14, 2018, 06:12:15 PM
Reply #2176

Ross

It hurt reading that .

Just my opinion looking at the situation.

Plus I cant think of any club in the world whod pay out 15/16m for a manager with his abilities to come in for just 7 months work. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 14, 2018, 06:14:50 PM
Reply #2177

Lxxx

Plus I cant think of any club in the world whod pay out 15/16m for a manager with his abilities to come in for just 7 months work. 

He's on 6m a year so with 12 months left on his deal in the summer the payoff would be 6m

February 14, 2018, 06:15:55 PM
Reply #2178

Rodenplav64

Plus I can’t think of any club in the world who’d pay out 15/16m for a manager with his abilities to come in for just 7 months work. 

What abilities ? Everton under Moshiri would pay it . Relic of a Manager , Joke of a club , Clown of a Chairman .

February 14, 2018, 06:19:55 PM
Reply #2179

Ross

He's on 6m a year so with 12 months left on his deal in the summer the payoff would be 6m

I thought Id read it was 7m, plus his 2m staying up bonus, plus half a years pay for this season, plus the 2m to Crystal Palace.....

Theres probably a golden hello in there as well Id imagine.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 14, 2018, 06:46:49 PM
Reply #2180

Bluedylan

Yeah they were throwing 15m (and possibly more) at Silva. I think some people are failing to understand that money isn't a massive deal for Moshiri.

If he wants rid of Allardyce (please God!), I don't think he'll be remotely arsed about paying him off asap.

I think he'll be gone in the summer.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 14, 2018, 07:16:17 PM
Reply #2181

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Shame we will get nowhere near the 61 points that saw us finish 7th last season . Shame the massive outlay , despite what could be our finishing position of 7th , has seen us go backwards . It just highlights how poor the league outside the now top 6 has become . That is not Allardyces fault but the bloke deserves zero credit for anything other than keeping us standing still in terms of finishing position .
Id say its a top 5 and Arsenal and the rest now. Nothing special about them anymore and theyre miles off 5th themselves.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 14, 2018, 07:18:07 PM
Reply #2182

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah they were throwing 15m (and possibly more) at Silva. I think some people are failing to understand that money isn't a massive deal for Moshiri.

If he wants rid of Allardyce (please God!), I don't think he'll be remotely arsed about paying him off asap.

To think all we needed to do was hang on for 2 months until Watford fires him if we were that desperate to get him.

But we were dire until the west ham game and only slightly less dire now.

February 14, 2018, 07:28:32 PM
Reply #2183

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
To think all we needed to do was hang on for 2 months until Watford fires him if we were that desperate to get him.

He wouldnt have been sacked if we didnt turn his head though...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

February 14, 2018, 07:33:42 PM
Reply #2184

Lxxx

I’d say it’s a top 5 and Arsenal and the rest now. Nothing special about them anymore and they’re miles off 5th themselves.

Nah it's still a top 6. They've got the finances to pay players 300k/week and still have quality which is on a different level to us going forwards, they've just badly fucked up their midfield and defensive recruitment recently. They're only a couple of decent signings away from becoming a good side again and if Wenger goes they'll have the top coaches across Europe on a shortlist.

February 14, 2018, 08:28:30 PM
Reply #2185

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He wouldnt have been sacked if we didnt turn his head though...

This is Watford we're talking about though. But the events that unfolded since definitely mean I don't want him as our manager if he can be affected that much.

Nah it's still a top 6. They've got the finances to pay players 300k/week and still have quality which is on a different level to us going forwards, they've just badly fucked up their midfield and defensive recruitment recently. They're only a couple of decent signings away from becoming a good side again and if Wenger goes they'll have the top coaches across Europe on a shortlist.

And if we can get a better manager and some decent signings, we too can challenge the top echelons again.

All ifs and ands. This is the second season they'll have finished way off the pace. If they don't watch themselves, they too could end up sliding down further.

February 14, 2018, 09:13:26 PM
Reply #2186

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This is Watford we're talking about though. But the events that unfolded since definitely mean I don't want him as our manager if he can be affected that much.

And if we can get a better manager and some decent signings, we too can challenge the top echelons again.

All ifs and ands. This is the second season they'll have finished way off the pace. If they don't watch themselves, they too could end up sliding down further.

One of the, supposed, weakest players in their squad looks head-and-shoulders better than anything we have had in ours for a long while. (Odd exception aside).

It may be "top 5, then Arsenal, then the rest". But it is definitely not "Top 5 and then the rest"

February 14, 2018, 09:27:10 PM
Reply #2187

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One of the, supposed, weakest players in their squad looks head-and-shoulders better than anything we have had in ours for a long while. (Odd exception aside).

It may be "top 5, then Arsenal, then the rest". But it is definitely not "Top 5 and then the rest"

I said top 5, then Arsenal, then the rest though.

February 14, 2018, 09:33:26 PM
Reply #2188

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I said top 5, then Arsenal, then the rest though.

errrr,

as you were then people.
Nothing to see here.

February 14, 2018, 09:38:01 PM
Reply #2189

bacon sarnie

Honest, God, I'll start going back to church if he gets canned, honest!