December 12, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136993 times)

February 14, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
Reply #2190

KoemansNumberTens

Bit surprised that people have got the appetite for yet another manager. It's not like it's gonna be diego simeone or anyone of proven quality. Another punt. Starting again on squad building. Another style of play

Surely ideally we'd do well from now til the end of the season and start next with the same people in charge. Instead people seemingly want almost anyone instead of allardyce and almost regardless of what he does with what's left of the season

February 14, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
Reply #2191

Lxxx

Bit surprised that people have got the appetite for yet another manager. It's not like it's gonna be diego simeone or anyone of proven quality. Another punt. Starting again on squad building. Another style of play

Surely ideally we'd do well from now til the end of the season and start next with the same people in charge. Instead people seemingly want almost anyone instead of allardyce and almost regardless of what he does with what's left of the season

Is that wrong?

February 14, 2018, 10:38:53 PM
Reply #2192

bogie

He wouldnt have been sacked if we didnt turn his head though...

and what about hull

February 14, 2018, 10:45:00 PM
Reply #2193

bogie

You've reminded me to book the day off work for the parade.

hope it rains

February 14, 2018, 11:14:36 PM
Reply #2194

Evertonian in NC

Is that wrong?

If that's wrong, then I don't wanna be right. ANYONE but Allardyce would be an improvement (especially if Walsh goes too, which is equally obvious), even if Moshiri drew names out of a hat.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 14, 2018, 11:27:07 PM
Reply #2195

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 14, 2018, 11:27:43 PM
Reply #2196

KoemansNumberTens

Is that wrong?

That people want rid regardless of what he does and regardless of the replacement? Is that wrong? Well it seems completely daft

February 14, 2018, 11:33:50 PM
Reply #2197

Lxxx

That people want rid regardless of what he does and regardless of the replacement? Is that wrong? Well it seems completely daft

He's keeping us up, which to him is a major achievement but to any sane person should be looked upon as pretty par. He's not managed to instil any definable style, formation or system so I don't see what is holding us back from cutting him adrift and getting in someone who will hopefully be able to implement that. He's steadied the ship, great, and he'll sail it to the end of the season where we can start afresh. I don't get why you think a change of manager in the summer is such a major issue.   

February 14, 2018, 11:36:10 PM
Reply #2198

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah it's still a top 6. They've got the finances to pay players £300k/week and still have quality which is on a different level to us going forwards, they've just badly fucked up their midfield and defensive recruitment recently. They're only a couple of decent signings away from becoming a good side again and if Wenger goes they'll have the top coaches across Europe on a shortlist.

Finances / Wages / stadium / recent history / European calibre / trophyís

All put arsenal among the top 6

Plus they have Auba / Ozil and MAYBE Lacca who are in the top tiers of football players in the world, only teams below them with anything like that are Leicester with Mahrez and Vardy.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 11:43:39 PM
Reply #2199

KoemansNumberTens

He's keeping us up, which to him is a major achievement but to any sane person should be looked upon as pretty par. He's not managed to instil any definable style, formation or system so I don't see what is holding us back from cutting him adrift and getting in someone who will hopefully be able to implement that. He's steadied the ship, great, and he'll sail it to the end of the season where we can start afresh. I don't get why you think a change of manager in the summer is such a major issue.   

Is par that bad for the first 6 months of a new manager?

I guess the issue for me is that we can't attract anyone of proven quality. We got it wrong with Martinez. We got it wrong with koeman. People are now saying we got it wrong with allardyce (despite it being par which ain't so bad) so that's what over 30m on manager payoffs if we get rid again and then another punt with zero track record. Sorry I'm just not in that much of a rush for another manager. Certainly not 1 regardless of the current 1s performance and regardless of who the next 1 might be

February 14, 2018, 11:47:54 PM
Reply #2200

Cereal Killer

Another style of play

What's our current style of play?

I want us to get a proper DoF who has an agreed plan and style to take Everton forward with

He'll then pursue managers who match this ethos/style to avoid the constant churn of players that comes with differing managerial styles

I don't want the DoF to come in and have to appoint the right manager straight away, so I'd rather we get that sorted now and fuck Walsh off ASAP, giving us some time to find the appropriate manager for the summer

February 14, 2018, 11:52:08 PM
Reply #2201

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is par that bad for the first 6 months of a new manager?

I guess the issue for me is that we can't attract anyone of proven quality. We got it wrong with Martinez. We got it wrong with koeman. People are now saying we got it wrong with allardyce (despite it being par which ain't so bad) so that's what over 30m on manager payoffs if we get rid again and then another punt with zero track record. Sorry I'm just not in that much of a rush for another manager. Certainly not 1 regardless of the current 1s performance and regardless of who the next 1 might be

Think the main issue is, what dya want from Everton - is it par?

Allardyce is a par man at best, we don’t need another 15 years of his career to prove it. He hasn’t done as bad as some would have you believe of course as usual when something becomes the big opinion among everton fans, but the fact is we know what he’s got in the locker and like it or not we’ve been sold the idea of stepping up a level, and although it isn’t his fault, hiring him to save us is embelemic of the absolute failures of our attempt to step up.

Next summer I, and it seems many others, are looking to have another go, and it isn’t going to be with a man who’s sole occupation is to low block your way to enough home wins to stay up and earn money.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:53:15 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 14, 2018, 11:53:28 PM
Reply #2202

KoemansNumberTens

What's our current style of play?

I want us to get a proper DoF who has an agreed plan and style to take Everton forward with

He'll then pursue managers who match this ethos/style to avoid the constant churn of players that comes with differing managerial styles

I don't want the DoF to come in and have to appoint the right manager straight away, so I'd rather we get that sorted now and fuck Walsh off ASAP, giving us some time to find the appropriate manager for the summer

Well we all want a proper this and the right that. The problem is we don't have much of a track record in getting these decisions right

Is our current style great?? Of course not but he is only a few months into the job. What happens if we appoint silva or the guy from Swansea (who was sacked by sheff Wednesday) and 3 months in we aren't playing very well either. Do we swap again?

The issue with allardyce isn't style, what he says or results. It's that no one wanted him in the first place. People need to get over themselves. A manager who's done okay over a few months shouldn't have most of the fanbase demanding he be sacked

February 14, 2018, 11:57:36 PM
Reply #2203

Thornton_19

I just want a manager who doesn't aim for the gutter and treat it as a miracle when he over achieves it.

February 14, 2018, 11:58:10 PM
Reply #2204

KoemansNumberTens

Think the main issue is, what dya want from Everton - is it par?

Allardyce is a par man at best, we donít need another 15 years of his career to prove it. He hasnít done as bad as some would have you believe of course as usual when something becomes the big opinion among everton fans, but the fact is we know what heís got in the locker and like it or not weíve been sold the idea of stepping up a level, and although it isnít his fault, hiring him to save us is embelemic of the absolute failures of our attempt to step up.

Next summer I, and it seems many others, are looking to have another go, and it isnít going to be with a man whoís sole occupation is to low block your way to enough home wins to stay up and earn money.

That's just not true though. The truth is he vastly improved Bolton Sunderland and palace and the likes of West Ham and Newcastle proved to be worse when he left

Again this isn't 5 years in of doing okay. It's a few months. If we are talking allardyce or simeone. Then obviously we'd change. We aren't though. We are talking allardyce or absolutely anyone because we've decided he's beneath us.