December 15, 2018, 12:58:01 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 137545 times)

February 15, 2018, 02:36:12 AM
Reply #2220

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I just want a manager that gets us points. So far points wise he's doing okay.

I agree in terms of ambition against the bigger sides. The playing certain players... maybe they aren't ready and playing them when the season is over then giving them a full preseason is the way to go? Honestly we don't know.

The problem I have isn't people saying what about say silva he's better because of this this and this. It's we want anyone but allardyce regardless of how allardyce does

We could go on a decent run to the end of the season finish 7th. Actually average a good amount of points under allardyce and still almost everyone would rather almost anyone but allardyce. That's just closed off thinking. It's not reasonable.

There's plenty of players I don't like. If I was on here saying I don't care how well Keane does for the rest of the season i want him gone regardless and replaced by almost anyone people would think I'm a lunatic.
The problem is can you see us going on a good run?

We set up as if a win was a miracle at WBA, Bournemouth, arsenal

I can see us gaining pts at home but the negativity he has bought to our set ups, the way he speaks about players, it s a huge no from me
Simply simply lovely

February 15, 2018, 02:46:38 AM
Reply #2221

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry, I zoned out in disbelief when I read that staying up is par, followed by people asking what is wrong with par.

Either you guys or I do not know what par means or we have vastly different opinions on what par is for Everton.

7th is par currently, not staying fucking up lads.

If we finish 7th then he'll have done well due to the under-par start.

But fucking hell, come on lads. Let's not let his bullshit take our eyes off the goal or forget who we are.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:48:09 AM by Mick 1995 »

February 15, 2018, 02:47:02 AM
Reply #2222

KoemansNumberTens

The problem is can you see us going on a good run?

We set up as if a win was a miracle at WBA, Bournemouth, arsenal

I can see us gaining pts at home but the negativity he has bought to our set ups, the way he speaks about players, it s a huge no from me

I don't think it's unimaginable that his average could be something close to what we averaged per game last season. That's without a preseason and coming into a mess

I'm not saying he's definitely the answer just maybe he deserves another season as opposed to another punt on a flavour of the month

It's not unlikely that we sack allardyce, hire silva, end up no better off and are wanting silva sacked next season having already paid off Martinez koeman and allardyce

I think unless we can get someone we are extremely confident in what's the point

February 15, 2018, 02:47:51 AM
Reply #2223

KoemansNumberTens

Sorry, I zoned out in disbelief when o read that staying up is par, followed by people asking what is wrong with par.

Either you guys or I do not know what par means or we have vastly different opinions on what par is for Everton.

But fucking hell, come on lads. Let's not let his bullshit take our eyes off the goal and who we are.

I didn't say staying up is par. His points total in his time here has us in 7th not 17th.

February 15, 2018, 02:50:53 AM
Reply #2224

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
No @Lxxx was the one to vocalise it, then it seemed to just be accepted without challenge by anyone.

Not a dig @Lxxx , I buy what you're selling normally. That little scenario in this thread just made me take a second look. Then everyone seemed to agree. Couldn't believe it.

February 15, 2018, 04:09:38 AM
Reply #2225

Lxxx

No @Lxxx was the one to vocalise it, then it seemed to just be accepted without challenge by anyone.

Not a dig @Lxxx , I buy what you're selling normally. That little scenario in this thread just made me take a second look. Then everyone seemed to agree. Couldn't believe it.

Yeh that didnít come across right.
I meant staying up should be seen as a given with this squad, but heís looking upon it as some kind of job well done.

I agree par for us is 7th, regardless of the poor start we had, judging by the fact 2/3 of this league is absolute shite in truth.

Been on the pop this afternoon and night. Early meal with the missus. Too many Guinness.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:11:49 AM by Lxxx »

February 15, 2018, 04:34:04 AM
Reply #2226

bogie

Sorry, I zoned out in disbelief when I read that staying up is par, followed by people asking what is wrong with par.

But fucking hell, come on lads. Let's not let his bullshit take our eyes off the goal or forget who we are.

par was 7th at the start  of the season not when he came in we at that point looked like we had no hope of getting 7th now we do

even if we do get 7th a lot on here will still not be happy about it
but most of them wanted a manager that took a team down and got sacked inside 1 year well inside go work that one out

February 15, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
Reply #2227

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Yeh that didnít come across right.
I meant staying up should be seen as a given with this squad, but heís looking upon it as some kind of job well done.

I agree par for us is 7th, regardless of the poor start we had, judging by the fact 2/3 of this league is absolute shite in truth.

Been on the pop this afternoon and night. Early meal with the missus. Too many Guinness.

And as long as people delude themselves that anyone in this league is absolute shite there will not be sensible debate. You live in the PL rich kids bubble with absolutely no idea what the rest of football is like and therefore no way of assessing what is shite.
It's arrogance in the extreme and if it wasn't my football club I'd be laughing my socks off at the attitudes on here and thinking we deserve everything we get.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

February 15, 2018, 04:38:34 AM
Reply #2228

bogie

Don't quite understand that?

ffs
Newcastle went down and west ham had 1 good year then the bubble burst and they have a manager in now till the end of the season not the type of manager they wanted as that was why they got ride of Sam hope that clears it up for you

February 15, 2018, 04:41:22 AM
Reply #2229

bogie

And as long as people delude themselves that anyone in this league is absolute shite there will not be sensible debate. You live in the PL rich kids bubble with absolutely no idea what the rest of football is like and therefore no way of assessing what is shite.
It's arrogance in the extreme and if it wasn't my football club I'd be laughing my socks off at the attitudes on here and thinking we deserve everything we get.

so what would you call are 1st 15 games
I think shite is that word for it

February 15, 2018, 04:51:48 AM
Reply #2230

Macca77

Ill read the last 20 odd pages of this thread back when we've fucked Sam off in the summer and laugh

February 15, 2018, 04:52:23 AM
Reply #2231

Cereal Killer

Newcastle? Really?

They fucked him off after less than a year, blaming a decline on him leaving is farcical

West Ham thought he'd taken them as far as he could (the giddy heights of 10th) and wanted someone else to try and propel them higher. 10th, 13th and 12th over 3 years, consistent, but average, and not what we're aiming for, or perhaps some of you are happy for mid-table mediocrity? So what if they went downhill after he left?

What in that makes anyone think he can push us towards the top 6?

February 15, 2018, 04:55:28 AM
Reply #2232

bogie

But we dont want a manager telling us that once we are safe we will play certain players.

We don't want a manager dropping all our attacking players cos there's a chance we could lose this game but we may win the next

We don't want a manger who claims glory every game he wins, blames the players every time we lose

I'm not sure what people don't get about this

We are on the cusp of going forward, money, stadium, infrastructure. Why can't we get in a manager who isn't Allardyce

and we don't want the hate club telling us WE don't want Allardyce before giving him a chance

"Why can't we get in a manager who isn't Allardyce"    do you not even see whats wrong with that
would Alan Pardew do for you Steve Bruce or are you one of them that wanted Silva at the time and are now ashamed of it

February 15, 2018, 04:56:07 AM
Reply #2233

Bluedylan

I don't think it's unimaginable that his average could be something close to what we averaged per game last season. That's without a preseason and coming into a mess

I'm not saying he's definitely the answer just maybe he deserves another season as opposed to another punt on a flavour of the month

It's not unlikely that we sack allardyce, hire silva, end up no better off and are wanting silva sacked next season having already paid off Martinez koeman and allardyce

I think unless we can get someone we are extremely confident in what's the point

I don't think your argument is holding together. It's getting more and more tenuous with each post. You're bending over backwards to highlight his positives and forgive his (numerous) negatives, whilst attempting to seem like you're giving a balanced appraisal of the situation. It's not really washing. You'd be better just admitting that you're fighting a losing battle, and that we need a much better manager.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 15, 2018, 05:02:47 AM
Reply #2234

bogie

I don't think your argument is holding together. It's getting more and more tenuous with each post. You're bending over backwards to highlight his positives and forgive his (numerous) negatives, whilst attempting to seem like you're giving a balanced appraisal of the situation. It's not really washing. You'd be better just admitting that you're fighting a losing battle, and that we need a much better manager.

his argument holds up well but then again the truth always will