December 11, 2018, 07:41:52 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136786 times)

February 15, 2018, 05:22:43 PM
Reply #2250

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
and we don't want the hate club telling us WE don't want Allardyce before giving him a chance

"Why can't we get in a manager who isn't Allardyce"    do you not even see whats wrong with that
would Alan Pardew do for you Steve Bruce or are you one of them that wanted Silva at the time and are now ashamed of it
Apologies

Why cant we get a manager who is easily better than Allardyce?
Someone whose record isn't about keeping wank sides in the league and then pissing off after his payday
Someone who takes clubs forward, brings in players with a plan for the future and builds on the clubs strengths and beliefs
Someone who makes the players he has now and improves them
Simply simply lovely

February 15, 2018, 05:36:40 PM
Reply #2251

Lxxx

Don't see what the big deal is. He's a retired football manager who came out of retirement for a short term payday. Why would you entrust the stewardship of your very expensive squad at a time we should be building for the future with a man who was only ever in the position because we couldn't get our other more preferable targets?

The only reason he'll be here next season is if we've fucked up our recruitment strategy even though we'll have had six months to identify and secure a more progressive man to take us forwards.

February 15, 2018, 05:44:30 PM
Reply #2252

van der Meyde

I can't be arsed with the cry-arsing about him, so that's enough for me to want him replaced tbh.

Seems like a few people will use any stick they can to beat him though. Crying that it'd be a different result if Mahrez or Zaha were playing, for fuck's sake, you can only beat what's in front of you and that luck works both ways. I guess all the other teams are lucky that we've had to play Martina at left back. I can play this game too, does Swansea beating Arsenal look worse because Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan weren't in the team? Of course it doesn't.

As for the suggestions that it's in his best interests to keep us below 40 points for as long as possible, do me a favour. It's not.

Is he the right man for us long term? Probably not. Do I want him here next season? Not particularly. But his record at Everton so far after 14 games (and having played 5 of the top 6) would see us pick up around 56 points which, while not a great performance, is nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

February 15, 2018, 07:59:08 PM
Reply #2253

sirblue57

Simple fact..moyes is a better manager..and we don't want him.
Ergo, allerdyce is not good enough.
Ambition and ability is essential in our next manager.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 15, 2018, 07:59:57 PM
Reply #2254

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There’s no logical reason for wanting him.

If any of you are telling me he was the man you wanted you can fuck off.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:01:26 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2018, 08:01:00 PM
Reply #2255

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
did we not have key players out
your boring me

*you're
My momma says I'm special.

February 15, 2018, 08:06:16 PM
Reply #2256

bogie

February 15, 2018, 08:25:30 PM
Reply #2257

Ridge

Good point.

The palace game takes a whole different pattern with Zaha.

Koeman played 9 cup games in between those games as well. We're 2 points off 7th, but we're still closer to 19th than 6th.

Wouldn't expect much more than 3-7 points from remaining home games. There are 6 winnable away games, we got 15 points from the reverse ties. But we've only won away once in the league in 13 attempts, scored more than 1 goal once and conceded 4 or more, 4 times. The last 5 games are all teams who have come into some good form as well. We've got some more points on the board, but next 4 fixtures are important.

Watford(A) Burnley(A) Brighton(H) Stoke(A) City(H) RS(H) Swansea(A) Newcastle(H) Huddersfield(A) Southampton(H) West Ham(A)

February 15, 2018, 08:37:32 PM
Reply #2258

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

February 15, 2018, 09:20:18 PM
Reply #2259

blue1948

I can't be arsed with the cry-arsing about him, so that's enough for me to want him replaced tbh.

Seems like a few people will use any stick they can to beat him though. Crying that it'd be a different result if Mahrez or Zaha were playing, for fuck's sake, you can only beat what's in front of you and that luck works both ways. I guess all the other teams are lucky that we've had to play Martina at left back. I can play this game too, does Swansea beating Arsenal look worse because Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan weren't in the team? Of course it doesn't.

As for the suggestions that it's in his best interests to keep us below 40 points for as long as possible, do me a favour. It's not.

Is he the right man for us long term? Probably not. Do I want him here next season? Not particularly. But his record at Everton so far after 14 games (and having played 5 of the top 6) would see us pick up around 56 points which, while not a great performance, is nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.
Too selective to be of any use in an argument .For that I am out

February 16, 2018, 04:41:41 AM
Reply #2260

bogie

February 16, 2018, 04:51:59 AM
Reply #2261

bogie

Apologies

Why cant we get a manager who is easily better than Allardyce?
Someone whose record isn't about keeping wank sides in the league and then pissing off after his payday
Someone who takes clubs forward, brings in players with a plan for the future and builds on the clubs strengths and beliefs
Someone who makes the players he has now and improves them

taking 2 clubs up a league is going backwards ? hmm
pissing of after pay day  hmm England and it took a lot for him to go to crystal palace
we tired with/for "better" failed and did not want to come
and taking the players we have and making them better tell me the name of this god like manager that would do that in what 8 weeks walking into this mess

sometimes I don't even have to hold the door open

February 16, 2018, 04:55:13 AM
Reply #2262

bogie

February 16, 2018, 01:59:46 PM
Reply #2263

Macca77

taking 2 clubs up a league is going backwards ? hmm
pissing of after pay day  hmm England and it took a lot for him to go to crystal palace
we tired with/for "better" failed and did not want to come
and taking the players we have and making them better tell me the name of this god like manager that would do that in what 8 weeks walking into this mess

sometimes I don't even have to hold the door open

What teams? Because moving the likes of Sunderland and Palace up one or two places in the league isn't something to brag about really is it, that's his level though

And I can name one manager who improved his players after less than a week, Carlos Carvalhal at Swansea

February 16, 2018, 05:36:52 PM
Reply #2264

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't it 2 promoted and one to the play offs?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.