September 20, 2018, 01:52:16 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 126705 times)

February 18, 2018, 06:17:35 PM
Reply #2325

gizzblue

Does it really? I know we beat West Ham 4 nil but fine margins. At 2 nil we had about 15 minutes with under 20% possession. They hit the bar and missed a penalty. We then scored from about 60 yards. We spent 20 minutes completely collapsing. I think saying that 1 game meant we turned a corner is nonsense. I think all our decent defensive performances have been under allardyce. I'm not saying he's been great but don't pretend we are doing okay inspite of him when we've actually got better under him
As far as the score goes hitting bars and stuff doesn't count as goals ....that's the kind of shite the reds spout ....we'd have won if we haddnt hit the bar and the post ...
And 15 minutes of zero possesion still leaves a fucking lot of football 😅...
Like I've just said to your compadre @Bogie ...you can delude yourself into thinking he's the messiah all you want ...the truth is there for everyone else ...not over one game either but the last twenty years of BFS career both league and erm his one international or since his Bolton anomaly.
No amount of coercing from you or bogie can change two decades of history or his tenure here .👍.

If he even showed an ounce of nouse id be over the moon but it's not forthcoming .. .just blame players and % footy weekly ..does fuck  all for his credibility.

February 18, 2018, 06:20:19 PM
Reply #2326

Bob Sacamano

State of this thread now this bogie lad has turned up lolol

February 18, 2018, 06:26:03 PM
Reply #2327

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Does it really? I know we beat West Ham 4 nil but fine margins. At 2 nil we had about 15 minutes with under 20% possession. They hit the bar and missed a penalty. We then scored from about 60 yards. We spent 20 minutes completely collapsing. I think saying that 1 game meant we turned a corner is nonsense. I think all our decent defensive performances have been under allardyce. I'm not saying he's been great but don't pretend we are doing okay inspite of him when we've actually got better under him

Have we got better though?

Maybe slightly, but there certainly hasn't been a big enough upturn in performances.

He's produced the worst Everton performance for years at Arsenal, Spurs a close second, lost to Bournemouth and drew with West Brom twice.

If we somehow manage to finish 7th it will be at the expense of the other teams below us rather than Allardyce pushing the team on. Burnley haven't won in 11 games and still find themselves 7th for example.

February 18, 2018, 06:32:23 PM
Reply #2328

Mayor Farnum

I think the fist goal against Palace in the last game was the first goal under Big Sam that can be attributed to a long ball.

Under the circumstances he's doing a good job; we've nothing to play for yet he is making us look more like a solid team.

February 18, 2018, 07:12:33 PM
Reply #2329

bogie

State of this thread now this bogie lad has turned up lolol

lol you want us all posting the same crap

February 18, 2018, 07:13:55 PM
Reply #2330

bogie

Well this spices Monday up a bit.

yes but what Monday

February 18, 2018, 09:34:58 PM
Reply #2331

Bob Sacamano

lol you want us all posting the same crap

Nah, just coherent sentences will do to be honest. 🤷‍♂️

February 18, 2018, 09:44:25 PM
Reply #2332

Major Clanger

He's produced the worst Everton performance for years at Arsenal, Spurs a close second, lost to Bournemouth and drew with West Brom twice.

I think our memories are really short. The Arsenal performance wasn't even the worst performance against Arsenal this season.

It's pissing me off that he basically throws these games by playing a second-string team, but it's what he's always been doing.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 18, 2018, 11:47:29 PM
Reply #2333

bogie

Nah, just coherent sentences will do to be honest. 🤷‍♂️

well anything to do with football would do form you , after all this is a football forum

what are you making up for with your attacking posters that don't really give a monkeys about the grammar being spot on all the time
can you not get a fast sports car or tight leather pants

February 19, 2018, 12:18:07 AM
Reply #2334

Rodenplav64

well anything to do with football would do form you , after all this is a football forum

what are you making up for with your attacking posters that don't really give a monkeys about the grammar being spot on all the time
can you not get a fast sports car or tight leather pants

You need to appreciate how hard is to read though mate . A capital letter at the start would at least show a little effort on your part . That won't improve the content I know but it might placate the pedants . Tight leather pants LOL .
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:19:11 AM by Rodenplav64 »

February 19, 2018, 12:29:26 AM
Reply #2335

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think our memories are really short. The Arsenal performance wasn't even the worst performance against Arsenal this season.

It's pissing me off that he basically throws these games by playing a second-string team, but it's what he's always been doing.

We could have been 6 down at half time.

Whilst the the other loss was at home, it only really went down hill after Gueye got sent off at 1-2.

February 19, 2018, 12:31:37 AM
Reply #2336

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Maybe slightly, but there certainly hasn't been a big enough upturn in performances.

If we somehow manage to finish 7th it will be at the expense of the other teams below us rather than Allardyce pushing the team on. Burnley haven't won in 11 games and still find themselves 7th for example.

Mentioned it before but Home points have been largely the same since the start of last season for all managers.

Away form, bar winning at Newcastle hasn’t improved at all.

Fair to say we’ll have a good idea come the end of the season, with half the home games against good teams but 6 winnable aways.

February 19, 2018, 01:24:34 AM
Reply #2337

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
then no I don't live in England

Dude, she is he only female on the forum and she is a bit of a stalker. Comes across all nice and innocent and then bam. You done for. I would be careful. Don't tell her anything.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 19, 2018, 02:13:35 AM
Reply #2338

eyesalwaysblue

Don't understand what's happened at Everton, Sam's never been a divisive figure before..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

February 19, 2018, 04:28:23 AM
Reply #2339

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah I think we have not consistently but we've put in some solid performances. We didn't look solid under unsworth or under koeman for the last part. Unsworth was a very lucky manager. Our results were much much better than some of the performances. Watford and palace were inept and we got 4 points