December 10, 2018, 03:46:19 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 136388 times)

February 20, 2018, 01:31:30 AM
Reply #2355

Mayor Farnum

Unsworth wouldn't have regressed the team to playing a neanderthal style of football.

If we'd only had the nerve to stick with Unsy we'd be in the top four by now.

February 20, 2018, 03:27:08 AM
Reply #2356

Ridge

I voted for unsworth and I genuinely think he'd probably would have relegated us had he stayed on. He was an extremely lucky manager. Performances were infinitely worse than the results. The Southampton game was shambolic. We were incredibly lucky against Watford and palace too

I get nothing out of criticising unsworth. I wanted it to work. He was a lot worst than allardyce though he looked completely out of his depth

I think nearly everyone thought he'd get us relegated, that was part of the problem.

Unsworth has a long career ahead of him, but I'll eat my hat if he's not rated as a much better manager than Allardyce.

Plenty of people outside the club realise he's achieved great results with youth teams and is most impressive young manager not in first team role.

What's the point in having U23's if inexperience rules out inclusion?

February 20, 2018, 03:32:19 AM
Reply #2357

KoemansNumberTens

I think nearly everyone thought he'd get us relegated, that was part of the problem.

Unsworth has a long career ahead of him, but I'll eat my hat if he's not rated as a much better manager than Allardyce.

Plenty of people outside the club realise he's achieved great results with youth teams and is most impressive young manager not in first team role.

What's the point in having U23's if inexperience rules out inclusion?

Time will tell. I don't think he'll ever be a successful manager though. We were extremely bad under him. Hope I'm wrong though

February 20, 2018, 03:46:55 AM
Reply #2358

Ridge

Time will tell. I don't think he'll ever be a successful manager though. We were extremely bad under him. Hope I'm wrong though

You can't go from a team who can't create, to total football in 4 weeks and 8 games.

We were shit before Unsworth and shit since, we did improve but that's been undone and we are useless in attack again.

I think we're also seeing players wanting to leave, DCL, Lookman etc. Think we'll look back with bemusement at what we've done this season.

February 20, 2018, 03:57:33 AM
Reply #2359

KoemansNumberTens

You can't go from a team who can't create, to total football in 4 weeks and 8 games.

We were shit before Unsworth and shit since, we did improve but that's been undone and we are useless in attack again.

I think we're also seeing players wanting to leave, DCL, Lookman etc. Think we'll look back with bemusement at what we've done this season.

Of course you can't and I didn't expect us to play total football. We were worse under unsworth though. I don't think he'll ever be a successful manager. I'm not even overly confident that he'll even try to be now

February 20, 2018, 11:04:25 AM
Reply #2360

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Let's be clear. Unsworth wasn't good enough to be Everton manager. Let's also be clear that Unsworth is probably a better manager than Allardyce.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 20, 2018, 01:58:37 PM
Reply #2361

Waltzer

Let's be clear. Unsworth wasn't good enough to be Everton manager. Let's also be clear that Unsworth is probably a better manager than Allardyce.

Difficult to assess I suppose, if Unsie took the Oxford job, got them promoted into the Prem or something comparable to what Sam did with Bolton I could see it. Sam isnt what we need and we shouldnt have gone down that route, but I think its a bit disrespectful to even contemplate that Unsworth will be anywhere near the quality of Sam based on his career to date, which consists of an okay record at under 23s, a terrible run as Everton first team manager then not taking over Oxford!

February 20, 2018, 02:58:20 PM
Reply #2362

Hawkandro

DCL is looking to leave?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 20, 2018, 03:04:25 PM
Reply #2363

Lxxx

DCL is looking to leave?

He asked to go out on loan last day of the transfer window apparently. Or his agent approached the club on his behalf.

February 20, 2018, 03:22:35 PM
Reply #2364

Hawkandro

Just make it stop, please.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 20, 2018, 04:28:39 PM
Reply #2365

sirblue57

He asked to go out on loan last day of the transfer window apparently. Or his agent approached the club on his behalf.

If this is true.Sam has to go...no argument.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 20, 2018, 05:29:17 PM
Reply #2366

bogie

DCL is looking to leave?

Well some bids might have came in for him but to say he asked to go is one hell of a jump

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/02/transfers/west-ham-approach-for-calvert-lewin-was-rejected/

So will we give Big Sam some good will points for not loaning him out .............. yeah did not think so

February 20, 2018, 05:45:12 PM
Reply #2367

KingdingalingNL

Wasnít it made clear DCL was approached but he did not ask to leave.

February 20, 2018, 05:51:54 PM
Reply #2368

Lxxx

I think here was a fair amount of speculation with the Echo I think mentioning DCL at one point as well as Jags, which seems unlikely.

More likely the truth lies nearer to this article. https://evertonthat.com/2018/02/02/exclusive-the-5-players-who-asked-for-loan-moves-revealed/

February 20, 2018, 05:53:23 PM
Reply #2369

Macca77

5 agents seeking moves for their players on deadline day, I wonder why?